Habs/Sens | Feb 25 | Bishop moves diagonally

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
One post the Habs fans have to be thankful for is the one that absorbed Regin's shot with no time left.

Man, if we'd won in the final minute in back to back games...

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
For everyone giving Gryba a hard time, this guy is a rookie defenseman who played over 23 minutes tonight. You need to give him a chance to learn the game. He's only 6 games in to his NHL career and he's basically playing first pairing minutes and featuring in a shut down role against the best players from opposing teams. He should be commended for his showing so far, not criticized.

Milan the God*

Habs definitely outplayed us. It was almost like Montreal had a game long powerplay. Sens fans were cheering at points when the puck would get out of our zone. In the offensive zone, Montreal outworked us. We couldn't get to good scoring spots. We didn't have a lot of shots.

Bishop was the sole reason we won. 44 saves + 4? shootout stops. Most of those were very, very solid scoring chances. Got lucky a couple times by the Habs hitting the post, but in general, Bishop was amazing.

Two points are two points. We're going to need all the points we can get. Pray for the best and hope Michalek is back soon, and Spezza is back late March or early April. Andy should be back within a couple weeks, if that.

Nevertheless, be proud of the Sens for this. Missing most of our important players and still winning against good teams. We were a write off, just like last season. Lets hope for the best!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Habs were all world tonight: their system matched up very well against our. It's like they always knew the how the play was unfolding and managed to always be able to close with three guys on our puck carrier; I was very impressed.

Bishop was real solid and those two posts were divine

Turris is starting to look like he's losing patience: he's played a strong defensive game but there is no denying he is ice-cold. He needs to shoot more though.

Peter Regin was ok then got better and was real solid to finish the game. His move in the shootout was very nice (the initial kick didn't work but the rest did!), I am very happy with his play tonight; how sweet would it have been if he had scored on that final shot where he hit the crossbar?!

I watched the last two periods in a bar that had moistly Habs fans (Chez Lucien) but was able to walk away laughing which was nice after the nerve racking shootout!

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
Really not in any rush to get Michalek or Latendresse back in the line up... I mean I would love to get Spezza, Karlsson and Anderson back but if we keep managing to win games I'm fine with the other 2 taking some rest. Really liking the impact of the young guys. Latendresse didn't really impress me with his 5 games but maybe he is good, never watched much of him to really tell. Michalek was great last year but was pretty awful at the start of the year.

Great Win , we'll take the point!!!!! Sens have been amazing this year and 90% gave up when Karlsson went down and 98% gave up when Anderson went down but they still did it.

(Also congrats to Hossa and the Blackhawks, really wonder what would happen if he stayed on the Sens).

*Also agree on Gryba, the guy has been logging so many minutes and I had no idea who he was at the start of the season. He's playing great for a guy coming in and playing big minutes when he normaly wouldn't expect to. Beonit has also been great.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The Habs were all world tonight: their system matched up very well against our. It's like they always knew the how the play was unfolding and managed to always be able to close with three guys on our puck carrier; I was very impressed.

Bishop was real solid and those two posts were divine

Turris is starting to look like he's losing patience: he's played a strong defensive game but there is no denying he is ice-cold. He needs to shoot more though.

Peter Regin was ok then got better and was real solid to finish the game. His move in the shootout was very nice (the initial kick didn't work but the rest did!), I am very happy with his play tonight; how sweet would it have been if he had scored on that final shot where he hit the crossbar?!

I watched the last two periods in a bar that had moistly Habs fans (Chez Lucien) but was able to walk away laughing which was nice after the nerve racking shootout!

And still we won 2 of the 3 games so far outscoring them 8-4. not bad at all.

We must be doing something right.

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
The Habs are a ridiculously fun team to watch. So much young talent.

The 3 NE Canadian teams are all on the up swing and combined with realignment that pushes divisional rivalries, we should be in for some good hockey the next few years.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Can't wait for Spezza to come back. Hopefully he ends up ahead of pace on his rehab. The sooner he comes back the better for this team.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Habs are a ridiculously fun team to watch. So much young talent.

The 3 NE Canadian teams are all on the up swing and combined with realignment that pushes divisional rivalries, we should be in for some good hockey the next few years.

The Northeast is the new Atlantic.

Sensgirl65

The original EK fan
Jan 25, 2013
Nice title :laugh:

Really tense game to watch, Bishop definitely stole this one. Five in a row, who would have thought!? :handclap:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
aliens-bishop-s-knife-trick-o.gif

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
PVR stopped recording just as Methot took the hooking call with just over a minute left!!! Alwyas forget to add extra time for Sportsnet games.

How was Silfverberg's shootout shot?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
PVR stopped recording just as Methot took the hooking call with just over a minute left!!! Alwyas forget to add extra time for Sportsnet games.

How was Silfverberg's shootout shot?

The usual.

The release was so fast that even though Price got a piece of it with his glove, it bounced in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad