News Article: Habs sellout streak comes to an end after 583 games

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

We all knew it was coming. Still, we’re playing MUCH more inspired hockey this season so the fans will appreciate a good effort, something that was completely missing last year.

On a side note, the article itself is from The Athletic, which is an amazing bang for your buck. Yes, it’s paid content but the best sports journalism out there, IMO.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I honestly thought this streak ended a while ago
It absolutely did............they are kidding themselves, if they think different...the last couple of years, it sure seemed like it was very easy to get tickets compared to years gone by.............not to mention a ton of people who bought tix were not going to the games.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
lol..ya right...anyone remember all those empty seats the year Molson fired GM Pierre Gauthier ...... That streak ended way before last night IMHO....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
They talking SELL-OUT....not SHOW UP-OUT

But you’re probably right

go back and watch the tapes of the Martin Gauthier get fired season...No one could convince me every ticket was sold..and even last year lol all those empty seats...no way all those tickets was sold no way at all...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
go back and watch the tapes of the Martin Gauthier get fired season...No one could convince me every ticket was sold..and even last year lol all those empty seats...no way all those tickets was sold no way at all...
Lol

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
They talking SELL-OUT....not SHOW UP-OUT

But you’re probably right

yeahhh Rejean Tremblay talked about how they started cheating and counting seats they normally wouldn't count (like everyone in a loge etc) to make sure they could still say "sold out" last year

but heh Rejean Tremblay, so take it or leave it

Reactions: Fixxer and jaffy27

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I remember in the not so distant past, it was nearly impossible to get tickets. A few days after they announced tickets were on sale for the following season, they were already sold out.
Always had to buy tickets through other sites.

Not sure how it is now. The 11-12 season was bad, but people weren't down on this team like they are now. This is really the first time I feel people have such a strong dislike of their team and it mostly stems from the management group.

Reactions: Fixxer

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

We all knew it was coming. Still, we’re playing MUCH more inspired hockey this season so the fans will appreciate a good effort, something that was completely missing last year.

On a side note, the article itself is from The Athletic, which is an amazing bang for your buck. Yes, it’s paid content but the best sports journalism out there, IMO.

Is it still worth to get if you are only interested in the NHL?
I still cannot enjoy American Football even though my wife is the daughter of the 4th most successful college coach and she has explained all the rules etc. :) Baseball is as boring as cricket and I never really liked basketball.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
"All good things got to come to an end
The thrills have to fade
Before they come 'round again
The bills will be paid
And the pleasure will mend
All good things got to come to an end"

:)

Molson’s pocket book needs to start taking a hit before we see a real change. Money talks especially for the Molson’s, the most delusional hockey familiy to own our team twice.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The Bell Centre was absolutely rocking in those 2005 through 2008 seasons. I remember going to multiple games and the noise level was just insane.

IMO this is due to which generation was in the right age range (18-25 years old).Those born between 1980 and 1987 or so.This is probably the last generation to remember the vibe of a winning Montreal Canadiens team, as well as growing up watching the entertaining NHL of the 90s, plus collecting hockey cards and the likes.Hockey just seems less important to the new generation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad