TSN: Habs Reluctant to trade Shaw

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He’s 25, going on 26.

He’s on a cheap contract and will need a new one (3 more years) by the time we’re ready to do anything. Keep in mind he’ll be 30 when he starts his new contract and he’ll have 10yrs of hard hockey on a small frame, typically that doesn’t mix well.

A smart GM would be willing to move Gallagher for the right price
Boston should hurry and trade Marchand then......

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Nice, you compare them with two guys that are out of the NHL.....thing is, Shaw produced.

Bolland, Shaw and Bickell all have very similar career numbers. If you say Shaw produced you'll have a tough time arguing that the other 2 did not.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
PK LOVES the limelight. Not the usual, traditional hockey player personnality. Roenick was creating the same effect on his team mates.

I've had highly talented teammates that had big personalities. Their contributions to winning always far outweighed everything else.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah, 'cause Montreal and Boston are in the exact same boat.
No, but a few years ago, they were.......and they didn't trade Marchand. I'm sure they were happy with their des icon to keep him.

My view on who should be on the block....

Pacioretty
Benn
Plekanec
Morrow
Byron
Niemi

These are the guys I'd try to move who would give me some value

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No, but a few years ago, they were.......and they didn't trade Marchand. I'm sure they were happy with their des icon to keep him.

Pacioretty
Benn
Plekanec
Morrow
Byron
Niemi

I don't think Boston was ever in the situation we are now. We have no centers and no D.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't think Boston was ever in the situation we are now. We have no centers and no D.
In the sense where they were a non playoff team. They had things missing too.....obviously they did. They made some nice trades and drafted well and turned their fortunes around....HABS can do the same here in 2yrs.

We are already loaded with picks for this year and will pick top 5....it's a good start

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
In the sense where they were a non playoff team. They had things missing too.....obviously they were. They made some nice trades and drafted well and turned their fortunes around....HABS can do the same here in 2yrs.
We just traded away our best prospect and have nothing in the cupboard. I don't see how the hell we fix the C and D in two years... no way.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We just traded away our best prospect and have nothing in the cupboard. I don't see how the hell we fix the C and D in two years... no way.
That's where the Pacioretty trade comes in.....we have Poehling, on D we have Juulsen, Brook, Fleury, Mete

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
None of those guys are big impact prospects.
Big impact as in top 10 projected impact.....well that's why we need two years, this year being the first. And I'm going out on a limb here and will predict they all make it within 3yrs

Like I said also, Pacioretty trade and this years pick will deepen that pool

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Big impact as in top 10 projected impact.....well that's why we need two years, this year being the first. And I'm going out on a limb here and will predict they all make it within 3yrs

Like I said also, Pacioretty trade and this years pick will deepen that pool
That pool of players is nothing to be excited about. We're basically building from scratch. I don't see how the hell we're suddenly going to be contending in two years the way the Bruins are. That's a pipe dream.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That pool of players is nothing to be excited about. We're basically building from scratch. I don't see how the hell we're suddenly going to be contending in two years the way the Bruins are. That's a pipe dream.
Well that all depends where we pick and who we get for Patches and who we sign.

It'll be better then what we have now that I guarantee you

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well that all depends where we pick and who we get for Patches and who we sign.

It'll be better then what we have now that I guarantee you
You can't guarantee this. If we deal away some of the vets it will be worse before it gets better.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Reluctant to trade the most redundant player on this team?

Shaw is a poor man's Gallagher, and the team is already full of those (Byron, Hudon, etc)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You can't guarantee this. If we deal away some of the vets it will be worse before it gets better.
dealing wingers where we have an abundance to aquire centres which we have none will not tail spin us into the basement. It's obvious why we aren't scoring, no effin centres to drive the play, and we are missing an elite LHD.

The next two drafts plus a few good deals can fix this pretty quick....not to Tampa level but we'd be a whole lot better.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Pacioretty
Benn
Plekanec
Morrow
Byron
Niemi

They traded Lucic and Hamilton for picks.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The next two drafts plus a few good deals can fix this pretty quick....not to Tampa level but we'd be a whole lot better.

The next two drafts are very good. Getting picks would be a good strategy. I would keep Weber and Price. Two good vets to have for a quick retools. I would keep Drouin and AG. Too young and too much potential for what we would get in return. The rest would be available for the right price. Right price should involve picks or good prospects.

[edit] of course i would keep any kids 20 and under with some potential like Mete, Juulsen, Poehling, .. no reaso to trade them.

But yeah guys like Byron should definitely be offered.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The only guy with real value in this is Pacioretty. The other 4 will bring picks who might make the NHL in 2-3-4 years.
That's fine. A Pacioretty trade would involve a centre that can come play next season, add Scherbak and Juulsen, plus possibly who we draft this year and Lindgren, that's an injection of 5 players.

The next year would be Fleury and Poehling plus maybe a surprise player and if we tank again, another top 5 pick.

Lots of young guys.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad