Prospect Info: Habs release Alexander Avtsin

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
He'll probably go back to the KHL or some lower russian league. I heard he didn't bolt sooner to Russia because his girlfriend is from Montreal.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I'd like to know why he was put in the press box part of the year behind ECHL guys.

If they buy him out is there a cap hit?

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
I remember him being hyped not just by us, but by scouts too. Wasn't he the kid that should have gone in earlier rounds had he been a bit older? Wasn't he touted as having mad skills? I feel like he probably does but something in his head just didn't click. It happens. It's too bad.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Too bad the guy has skill just no desire, maybe he'll go to the khl become a good player and we can sign him when he's older as a free agent or something

nodice

Registered Lurker
Feb 3, 2009
Vancouver
thank god we got rid of him before playoffs, i heard he was a locker room cancer. not that we don't have anything holding us back... STANNNNNNNNNNNLEY CUP!

:sarcasm:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Too bad the guy has skill just no desire, maybe he'll go to the khl become a good player and we can sign him when he's older as a free agent or something

That seems pretty harsh. The guy was riding buses in Hamilton to sit in the press box or play on the 4th line for the better part of two years. It's not like he was living the high life and raking in the dough on an NHL squad.

Too bad it didn't work out, I had high hopes for him, but the development just wasn't there.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
I wished that Lefevbre would have given Avtsin a fair chance.

Even if he wasn't developing into a NHL player, there was no reason to play Hagel, Stortini, Murovich, Leveillé, Dean Ouellet (and the list goes on...) over him.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
That seems pretty harsh. The guy was riding buses in Hamilton to sit in the press box or play on the 4th line for the better part of two years. It's not like he was living the high life and raking in the dough on an NHL squad.

Too bad it didn't work out, I had high hopes for him, but the development just wasn't there.

They fly to most of their games now I think.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
With all the room in our 50 contract limit I'm surprised the Habs have not signed any NCAA/CHL/Euro FA's.

They currently only have 41 contracts with Avtsin Kaberle Weber Blunden Schultz Stejksal Mayer included, if those 7 are not in Montreal or hamilton next year it leaves us at 34. I can see them signing Thrower, Nygren and maybe a couple others but still tons of room on the NHL/AHL/ECHL roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad