Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Rangers - tonight at 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Poehling or Vejdemo up to replace KK?

Might as well throw another rookie in there...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Rangers point blank announced to their fans that they were blowing up the team and starting a rebuild...less than 2 years later they are over 500 and a decent young team is emerging.

Yeah and we have Engels and Basu preparing us for the stupid trade.

The modus operandi is to make the playoffs at all cost. Our only hope is that we fall off so horribly that we can't make that trade in time.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Rangers point blank announced to their fans that they were blowing up the team and starting a rebuild...less than 2 years later they are over 500 and a decent young team is emerging.

We on the other hand are lucky to have a GM that has no clue on how to manage and has no idea in which direction to go.
In my next life, I will be looking for a job under Molson!!!!!!

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I think Vejdemo should be the call-up and Suzuki should play at C. I'd start with...

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Cousins - Suzuki - Armia
Vejdemo - Domi - Lehkonen
Peca - Thompson - Weal

OR

Domi - Suzuki - Armia
Cousins - Thompson - Lehkonen
Peca - Vejdemo - Weal

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I think Vejdemo should be the call-up and Suzuki should play at C. I'd start with...

Cousins - Suzuki - Armia
Peca - Thompson - Weal

OR

Domi - Suzuki - Armia
Peca - Vejdemo - Weal

That is a pathetic, pathetic lineup. (as in the type of players that Habs have)

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
We on the other hand are lucky to have a GM that has no clue on how to manage and has no idea in which direction to go.
In my next life, I will be looking for a job under Molson!!!!!!

I think Habs are back to Rejean Houle era.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Yeah and we have Engels and Basu preparing us for the stupid trade.

The modus operandi is to make the playoffs at all cost. Our only hope is that we fall off so horribly that we can't make that trade in time.

I think it isnt.
We have had so much space under the cap for a few years now. Must be the equivalent of 2 home games in late April. I believe they know they're not competitive but they just dont want to admit it. If we can all see it I cant believe upper management doesnt.
But then again, they have signed Alzner...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think it isnt.
We have had so much space under the cap for a few years now. Must be the equivalent of 2 home games in late April. I believe they know they're not competitive but they just dont want to admit it. If we can all see it I cant believe upper management doesnt.
But then again, they have signed Alzner...

Engels is Bergys mouth piece, and if the shills in the media are talking about desperation to make the playoffs, then I believe it's the mandate.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Cousins - Suzuki - Armia
Peca - Thompson - Weal

OR

Domi - Suzuki - Armia
Peca - Vejdemo - Weal

I would move Tatar off the Danault line to spread out the talent a bit more...

Hudon / Danault / Gallagher
Lehkonen / Domi / Tatar
Cousins / Suzuki / Armia
Vejdemo / Thompson / Weal

Peca

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
That lineup is scary. It reminds me of all the times as a young mind growing up posting childish lineups with the likes of Steve Kariya and other underachievers in the early 2ks; with tanking and development in mind. I dare to think drafting Lafrenière is possible; especially since it would make the perfect marketing tool.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I don't necessarily think so. They could still call up the player today.

edit: Just need to add KK to the IR to free up a roster spot.

I was thinking in terms that if both teams are traveling, it would have made sense for the call-up to be with the Habs as soon as possible, but now I have my answer.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Cap Space is having another big year though, so that’s important, Molson is looking like a genius. He hired a high school dropout to run his club that is so incompetent that even after losing 9 out of 10, while not spending close to the cap limit for two years, nobody expects that he will ever be replaced or that cap space filled with anything other than some other team’s garbage.

The only GM in the league that’s trying to win and actively failing his way into a rebuild. It’s impressive to be that bad at ones profession and still be employed.

Reactions: LaP and Slashers98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad