Habs player sightings

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I saw Benoit Pouliot at EBGames in Quartier Dix-30 two years ago. I was going to get my copy of NHL 11 and he was doing the same thing. Thought it was pretty cool. His GTR had a pretty sweet sound.

I legit thought NHL players would get a copy of the game for free every year, I mean... you're part of the game. Eh.

fufonzo

Feb 28, 2004
Saw Koivu in Tremblant once, with another couple of players (I honestly, can't remember, but I'm thinking it was Latendresse, and another Hab). Anyways, I said hi, but was surprised that he was there with them since they didn't seem like part of his clique.

I've also gone out drinking and clubbing with Claude Giroux. A buddy of mine dated his sister so he knows him quite well.

I've also met Bertuzzi, Naslund, and Cloutier at the bar here in Ottawa.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I went skating many times with Jean Guy Talbot back in 1957 at Shamrock park. Spent some time with Guy Lafleur in Laval back in 82.
met Lacavalier on Donegani as he was going to his private workout center ( yes he is big).

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Ribeiro was in my plane in 2004 when I went to Portugal. Every time I went to the bathroom, he stared at me like crazy. I remember my uncle asking him if there would be a lock-out and he just answered "I don't know" like he didn't give a ****.

When I worked at Eaton Centre, I served Smolinski and his family after Habs got eliminated vs Boston. Asked him how he liked his year in Montréal and he said that he wanted to come back.

Not NHL but saw Lucian Bute at Rotisserie Portugalia (Clarke/Rachel) a couple years ago.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I follow players from the bell centre back to their home and I often return and stand outside their place wearing a long rain jacket while listening to habs greatest goals by dick irvin.

Sometimes i'll peak through their garbage, amazing how much you can learn about their interests and personality by what they throw out.

:laugh:

Gold.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
How would you know hes a Habs prospect if you dont know who he is at all?

Well, tall (6'2+), built, with a girl way too hot for him, a russian accent, really young, etc.

I don't know what other explanation.

Oh, also my favourite teacher in high school was a former NHLer, and Mike Ribiero came and visited him in class back when I was in grade 7 (2004)

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
No Habs but...

Saw the entire Leafs team at the Rose & Crown (a pub) in Banff back in 98. They were playing the Flames the day before or after and were taking a break in the Rockies.

Back to Montreal, I got my old job back at the Olympic Stadium during baseball season. Then, I'm using the staff elevator before warmups for a game between the Expos and the Cards, only to share that small elevator with few Cards players, including Mark McGwire, who was like a couple inches away facing me for what seemed to be the longest elevator ride of my life. They were so tall and I was feeling so small. And none of them were saying a damn word. Awkward.

madvie

female habs fan
Jul 14, 2006
Montrealer in TO
Back in 2006 or so, I saw Michael Ryder at Simon's. He looked confused. I think he was looking for his girlfriend.
The round Simon's on Ste-Catherine? Because being confused in there is legit.

The Habs came to my elementary school when I was in 4th grade. The only met the seniors (grade 5 and 6). :cry: This was like...1998.

Mount Royal

Achtung, baby
May 11, 2010
Montreal
I've served Subban, Cole, and Gorges at a theater. Another time I saw Gorges and Price trying to be discreet despite being dressed in Habs colors head to toe :laugh:

They didn't tip. **** 'em. :sarcasm:

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
I forgot all about this. I saw Pouliot the day after the Bruins eliminated them in Game 7 a couple years ago. He was at the corner of Crescent and Ste. Catherine before he got into a cab and drove off. Later on Cammalleri tweeted a pic of the end of season team dinner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->