Habs player sightings

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
Saw Markov back in July in old Montreal getting his caricature done. Pretty funny.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Saw Markov back in July in old Montreal getting his caricature done. Pretty funny.

That was Mr. Bean :shakehead

li02.jpg

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
I was on a connecting flight going to Atlanta last year and Markov was on board. Pulled the old fake phone call when he got off so no one would approach him.

GHF377

Watching from afar
Apr 11, 2011
Hockey limbo
Once passed Brian Gionta on a street off of Ste Catherine. By the time my brain actually processed the fact that it was really him he was long gone. :amazed:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I saw Alexandre Picard in a burger king a year ago, I told him too bad it didn't work out in Montreal and also best of luck for the next season.

But then it got weird, when I left the burger king he fallowed me outside and we both got into our cars. He kept staying behind me for about 15km driving south on the 25. Then I got off the exit and to my amazement Picard did too, I got a little scared so I accelerated but he was matching my speed...

5 minutes later we were now both driving at 140 km/h when I saw a train about to cross a road intersection, I decided to take my chance and I barely got through and Picard was too late.

I never got to see Picard again... I know it's not a question of if it happens but rather when it will happen.

But I am now prepared for that day.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I saw a bunch of Habs over the last 12 years or so.

I saw Sheldon Souray in the bathroom at a club and he was getting heckled by a couple guys for wanting to be traded out west.

I saw Saku Koivu and Marc Recchi at the liquor box like 12 years ago and spoke to them and shook there hand and Koivu even bought me a beer... fricking bartender wouldn't let me keep the bottle.

I saw Andrei Kostitsin 2 years ago leaving the fire grill restaurant downtown.

I also saw Cristobal Huet in old Montreal with his wife and baby in a stroller.

I was at starbucks in Laval when this hot chick walked in with a huge pair of knockers and I remember telling myself " who the hell is getting to play with those things??" and like literally 5 seconds later this guy walks in with a baby in his arms and kisses the girl and low and behold it's Steve Begin... lol

I went to say Hi and shake his hand and tell him that I liked him as a player because he always played hard and he was fun to watch on the PK... he thanked me and introduced me to his wife to which I had a hard time keeping a straight face lol.
Afterwords I went to get a another coffee and Steve paid the coffee for me. Really cool guy by the way.

Fun fact I was there like 3 hours because I was reading a book... after Steve left, Pierre Vercheval showed up...like an hour later. He's an ex Alouette player.

I went to the bank with my mother like 20 years ago and Patrick Roy was there signing autographs... still counts!

Thinking back now I've been pretty damn lucky with Habs player sightings and interaction as well lol.

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I met Pierre Gauthier at Indigo book store. Nice guy.

Was having dinner at Weinstein's on Crescent and the entire habs team was sitting next to me. Pretty cool, spoke with Gomez, nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I met Pierre Gauthier at Indigo book store. Nice guy.

Really?

Was having dinner at Weinstein's on Crescent and the entire habs team was sitting next to me. Pretty cool, spoke with Gomez, nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Nonsense, he's probably the biggest ********* ever. :sarcasm:

Wish I had the chance to meet Scott.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Really?

Nonsense, he's probably the biggest ********* ever. :sarcasm:

Wish I had the chance to meet Scott.

So the hate for Gauthier extends so far that it is incomprehensible that he's a nice guy?

He's pretty cool. He was in the History section, picking up a couple of books. Had a couple of exchanges, good sense of humor.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
So the hate for Gauthier extends so far that it is incomprehensible that he's a nice guy?

He's pretty cool. He was in the History section, picking up a couple of books. Had a couple of exchanges, good sense of humor.

It's not incomprehensible...it's just that his persona while with the Habs didn't make it seem like he was a nice guy, that's all.

bdawg1989*

I used to give movie advices to Patrick Roy when I worked in a videostore couple years ago.

Also had an another job near Lac Beauport in Quebec where tons of hockey players live during Summer... Saw/talked to Brashear, Patrick Roy, Dandenault, Begin, Simon Gagne, and a few others I cant remember.

Also had a wedding NEXT to Vlasic's own wedding (Qc player from the SJ Sharks) in Quebec. I was peeing in the public bathroom when he came in, totally hammered. I proceeded to tell him he was a great player and that the Sharks were my team in the West, and we both kept on talking while peeing next to each other. Best moment of my life. By far.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I met Brian Skrudland at Toronto International Airport one time just after New Year's either 90 or 91. At one time Habs used to do a Canadian western trip after Christmas usually, they ended up playing Calgary New Year's Eve.

Anyways that year, in that game, he ended up with a serious knee injury. He was stopped over in Toronto while waiting for a connection to Montreal and I was on my way back to Ottawa, where I lived at that time. Skruds was on crutches and everything. Poor guy he was really depressed about the injury and was going back to Montreal for knee surgery from Dr. Mulder.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I used to give movie advices to Patrick Roy when I worked in a videostore couple years ago.

Also had an another job near Lac Beauport in Quebec where tons of hockey players live during Summer... Saw/talked to Brashear, Patrick Roy, Dandenault, Begin, Simon Gagne, and a few others I cant remember.

Also had a wedding NEXT to Vlasic's own wedding (Qc player from the SJ Sharks) in Quebec. I was peeing in the public bathroom when he came in, totally hammered. I proceeded to tell him he was a great player and that the Sharks were my team in the West, and we both kept on talking while peeing next to each other. Best moment of my life. By far.

:shakehead:shakehead

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
I met Mathieu Garon, Arron Asham and Xavier Delisle. I was skating with them on the ice with my wife. Garon was awesome...very nice. Asham...wouldn't smile and looked more annoyed than anything, and Delisle was surprised when my wife almost checked him into the boards trying to get a picture.

I also met John Leclair at Leddy Arena in Burlington, Vermont more times than I can count. He used to play for BFA Saint Albans in high school, against my high schools team.

I think those are the only players I have ever met.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Went for lunch once to "Rotisserie Italienne" on St-Catherine, the whole team was there. Must have been late 90s. Also, Koivu was siting next to our table there in 2008. People kept coming to chat with him all the time. He handled it well, but they were distracting him from consuming his food. I thought it was too much, but he was nice to everybody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad