Proposal: Habs-Panthers

Childish Gamsteeno

Jun 24, 2015
Canada
I think Bjugstad is better than Beaulieu but the value's alright both ways. At the same time, I don't think Montreal is in much of a position to be trading away NHL ready dmen at this point without one coming back.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I think Bjugstad is better than Beaulieu but the value's alright both ways. At the same time, I don't think Montreal is in much of a position to be trading away NHL ready dmen at this point without one coming back.

2 big factors in it for Montreal are if they think Markov can play with Weber. A lot of thought that it will be Beaulieu in that position, whether he's ready for top pairing minutes or not.

Secondly, whether or not Sergachev is ready to step right into the NHL, and if he'll be able to play LD.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would do this from a habs POV.

We would need to find cap relief (Buyout Desharnais for example)....

I really don't see Beaulieu as a top pairing LHD at the moment, he hasn't proven enough for me.

Sergachev looks like he could be ready, if he is....it really shakes up the dynamic of our defence, 1 of Beau or Emelin would need to be moved at that point.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
The OP is not realistic.
Habs first priority is an LD to pair with Weber.
Second is a top 6 LW.
Last, would be a C, but only if we are moving one out, and they must have top 6 potential to replace Plekanec, and Beaulieu won't return that by himself.
Just don't see anything needed in the OP.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
While in the long run it would be a great trade for the Habs with their center depth. It will just create a big hole on their backend for the time being.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
While in the long run it would be a great trade for the Habs with their center depth. It will just create a big hole on their backend for the time being.

Yeah Bjugstad's great and in a vacuum I would do this trade but in reality it's just filling one hole by making another for Montreal.

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Left Defence

2 big factors in it for Montreal are if they think Markov can play with Weber. A lot of thought that it will be Beaulieu in that position, whether he's ready for top pairing minutes or not.

Secondly, whether or not Sergachev is ready to step right into the NHL, and if he'll be able to play LD.

Watching him on TV a few times, wondered why he was playing RD. A decision that may have allowed him to drop a few spots in the draft.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Yeah Bjugstad's great and in a vacuum I would do this trade but in reality it's just filling one hole by making another for Montreal.

Hmmm...considering we have Sergachev in the fold, and no-one quite like Bjugstad anywhere in our line-up, or in our prospect pool (I don't think McCarron quite fits the bill), I would still be tempted, even if it makes us a weaker team this year.

That being said, I can't see any reason why FLA would agree to the proposed trade.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hmmm...considering we have Sergachev in the fold, and no-one quite like Bjugstad anywhere in our line-up, or in our prospect pool (I don't think McCarron quite fits the bill), I would still be tempted, even if it makes us a weaker team this year.

That being said, I can't see any reason why FLA would agree to the proposed trade.

Only way I see them moving Bjugstad is if Florida gets Shipachyov as they're rumored to be in on him. If I'm Bergevin and lose out on Shipachyov to Florida, I'm calling Rowe ASAP to try getting Bjugstad

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Only way I see them moving Bjugstad is if Florida gets Shipachyov as they're rumored to be in on him. If I'm Bergevin and lose out on Shipachyov to Florida, I'm calling Rowe ASAP to try getting Bjugstad

or move one of shopachyov or Bjugstad to the wing

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Beaulieu is our only puck moving top 4 LHD..

he stays unless management thinks Sergachev is ready to play top 4 minutes as an 18 year old

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->