Post-Game Talk: Habs officially make the NHL playoffs. Win series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
He did.

He's a very good hockey player. His challenge will always be the ability to contribute for a full season + offseason... He's only got one gear, which is what makes him the player he is, but with the physical realities of the game and a fwd roster poorly constructed to deal with the physical nature of the league, durability and wear down will continuously impede his overall effectiveness.

This crazy season & postseason is perfect for him.

Byron is underrated, he works hard, forechecks well, is defensively responsible, and scores 20+ goals.

He was a steal.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
We don't match up well against either team, but I think we're gonna end up facing Philadelphia. I'd like us to win, but I think we'll go out in 5 or 6. Philadelphia has better offense, special teams, transition, defense, physical play, team chemistry, experience, and talent. They are stronger in basically everything.

Our only advantages lie with Carey Price in nets, our speed, and the fact that Weber and Petry are still slightly better than Provorov and Sanheim right now, but that is a slim margin to go by.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We don't match up well against either team, but I think we're gonna end up facing Philadelphia. I'd like us to win, but I think we'll go out in 5 or 6. Philadelphia has better offense, special teams, transition, defense, physical play, team chemistry, experience, and talent. They are stronger in basically everything.

Our only advantages lie with Carey Price in nets, our speed, and the fact that Weber and Petry are still slightly better than Provorov and Sanheim right now, but that is a slim margin to go by.

We also haven't won a round against Philly since 89.

Reactions: Runner77

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The last 4 games were entertaining and there were plenty of positives to take from it besides the habs winning.

Kk & Suzuki played really well, played big minutes in key roles. Many of the mid aged guys played well - Chia, Gally, Danault, etc. The older guys Price, Weber, Petry, Byron were great.

4 entertaining games & winning a series in my book is a good thing. I hope they continue to work hard and win the next round.

The whole Laf thing is just more BS drama. The habs make some folks so miserable I question why they bother watching. If playing well and winning a series makes one miserable maybe they should change the channel and watch baseball.

Lol well said,

People just do this to themselves and its incredible.
I didnt mind losing at all, and completely understood what it meant.
Turned out We didnt lose. And people cant seem to move on.

Reactions: Habano

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Now that Lafreniere is no longer a possibility, we pretty much have to go after Hall, i don't see any other game breaking forward being available for the habs while Price and Weber are still contributing members of the team.

Reactions: Redux91

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Now that Lafreniere is no longer a possibility, we pretty much have to go after Hall, i don't see any other game breaking forward being available for the habs while Price and Weber are still contributing members of the team.

Don't forget that Mathew Barzal is likely gonna be RFA this summer. He's #1 on my wishlist. His style and game can flourish so well in Montreal.

Reactions: Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Don't forget that Mathew Barzal is likely gonna be RFA this summer. He's #1 on my wishlist. His style and game can flourish so well in Montreal.

Lou will match anything that MB is ready to put into an offer sheet. That's 100% for sure. I wouldn't wait for Barzal if I were you. He's great, a potential top 5 player in the league in the not too distant future, after a bit of a let down this season. But no way lou doen't match. You'd have to go at least north of 12.5 million to not get a match.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Lou will match anything that MB is ready to put into an offer sheet. That's 100% for sure. I wouldn't wait for Barzal if I were you. He's great, a potential top 5 player in the league in the not too distant future, after a bit of a let down this season. But no way lou doen't match. You'd have to go at least north of 12.5 million to not get a match.

Which I think is reasonable to pay a guy like Barzal 14-15M/year for him. I'm paying him Mitch Marner money. He's 23 years old and plays a position we need and has all the offensive tools in the world. Max contract if necessary. We have the cap and stealing him would make us contend better with what's left of Price and Weber while progressing with our young guns.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
I'm not sure what point you are making about the year (which was 1984). Agreed lemieux was better, and pittsburgh had 100% chance to draft him as long as they finished last. New Jersey was their threat to finish below them.

As for the Lafleur trade, the habs were deep with assets, so they could afford these kinds of trades, and for whatever reason, teams did not value their first picks back then as highly as they do now. You won't get away with that today, as teams have since caught on.
Depends on if there are Chiarellis and Burkes in posirions of power around. Those idiots who for example, would trade 2 firsts for Phil the Thrill.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Which I think is reasonable to pay a guy like Barzal 14-15M/year for him. I'm paying him Mitch Marner money. He's 23 years old and plays a position we need and has all the offensive tools in the world. Max contract if necessary. We have the cap and stealing him would make us contend better with what's left of Price and Weber while progressing with our young guns.

No way they should offer 14/15 mil for Barzal. He isn’t that good to warrant that kind of cap hit. The compensation would be too high. Finally, with KK, Suzuki, Domi, and Danault the centre ice position looks good. I like Barzal but no way should they do something like this.

They are better off going after Hall.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

thought we were a fast team, then I started watching other teams...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
No way they should offer 14/15 mil for Barzal. He isn’t that good to warrant that kind of cap hit. The compensation would be too high. Finally, with KK, Suzuki, Domi, and Danault the centre ice position looks good. I like Barzal but no way should they do something like this.

They are better off going after Hall.
like Domi is gonna stay with the Habs longterm playing 4th line...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I also think it's reasonable to pay him that money. But no way MB does. There's just no way. It's not his philosophy. Poster's can get into good debates about whether it's worth paying one guy 14/15 million and whether Barzal is worth that much. But either way, I can't see any way it falls within MB's plans to even consider that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad