News Article: Habs offered Gardiner a 3 year 15.75 million contract!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Petry was made of papier maché....
Fact #1: Jake Gardiner has missed 24 games in the past 6 seasons combined.
Fact #2: Jeff Petry underwent hernia surgery at when he was 28 years old missing a lot more games than Gardiner(who was 28 this past season) did with his injury.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If you hadn’t noticed, at first he tried to win. Si the patient approach hasn’t been 8 years.

oh really...

so signing Prust, Armstrong, Bouillion, Briere, Murray, and trading for Ryder, Drewiskie, Tokarski in his first 2 years on the job was "trying to win" in your estimation?

interesting take, not sure there is anything to indicate that it fits with what he did... and it most certainly doesn't fit with what he said his approach and intention was.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
oh really...

so signing Prust, Armstrong, Bouillion, Briere, Murray, and trading for Ryder, Drewiskie, Tokarski in his first 2 years on the job was "trying to win" in your estimation?

interesting take, not sure there is anything to indicate that it fits with what he did... and it most certainly doesn't fit with what he said his approach and intention was.
I was talking about the PK, the Vanek, etc.

When you take over a team ( Hockey or not) you make moves to mold it into what you think is better; which represents you more, etc.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I was talking about the PK, the Vanek, etc.

When you take over a team ( Hockey or not) you make moves to mold it into what you think is better; which represents you more, etc.

yup... and over the course of 8 seasons, moulding the team to what he thinks is better = one of the worst stretches in franchise history. nuff said.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
yup... and over the course of 8 seasons, moulding the team to what he thinks is better = one of the worst stretches in franchise history. nuff said.
Big problem was that he seemed to have no idea what to do or even what he wanted to do for the first five years. He wasted a lot of time.

He finally seems to have a vision, but I think if we miss the playoffs this season (likely, imo) it’s all for nothing.

He’s had a fine past year though with building our organizational depth at the centre position, so at least whoever may be next in line won’t have as much work to fix the problem as they would have - say - four years ago.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I’m not saying MB is going to to great things but he is letting Timmins draft, which is good. We can see it in the prospects coming up.

yup, our prospect pool is looking pretty good... but there are no trophies for having good prospect pools. We've seen how quickly a top ranked prospect pool can vanish when you have incompetent management steering the ship...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Big problem was that he seemed to have no idea what to do or even what he wanted to do for the first five years. He wasted a lot of time.

He finally seems to have a vision, but I think if we miss the playoffs this season (likely, imo) it’s all for nothing.

He’s had a fine past year though with building our organizational depth at the centre position, so at least whoever may be next in line won’t have as much work to fix the problem as they would have - say - four years ago.

depends on how long he's left in charge... his "vision" looks identical to what it's been since he took over imo, and we know how that turned out,

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Not gonna defend MB,but all the draft picks more or less busted. Not sure it's all on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad