Habs Nation Lost a Good One

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I posted sadly last Saturday that my friend was fighting for his life. Sadly after 1 week of battle and induced coma, my best friend and huge Habs fan lost his battle. He was only 40 years old, a paramadic who saved hundreds of lives even though he was hiding the fact that he was fighting for his own life for the passed few years.

He was a true true die hard HABS fan. One of our last convo was about how this Habs team needed a new voice behind the bench. Sadly the Habs showed less fight then he did during the pass week.

He is survived by his wife, parents and 1 brother, and hundreds of friends.

May you rest in peace my friend

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I posted sadly last Saturday that my friend was fighting for his life. Sadly after 1 week of battle and induced coma, my best friend and huge Habs fan lost his battle. He was only 40 years old, a paramadic who saved hundreds of lives even though he was hiding the fact that he was fighting for his own life for the passed few years.

He was a true true die hard HABS fan. One of our last convo was about how this Habs team needed a new voice behind the bench. Sadly the Habs showed less fight then he did during the pass week.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a really good dude. Sending positive vibes your way. Take care.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
My condolences mate. Life is such a wonderful and beautiful mystery, yet there's that inevitability we'll all face one final day.

Would be nice to honor your friend in the next GDT. This forum can be a place of solace if need be (even if just for a moment), and I really f***ing hope the Canadiens win their next one in dominant fashion for him.

Go Habs Go!

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Sorry for the loss of your best friend, that must hurt. It might be cathartic for you to tell us a little more about him.

Reactions: PhysicX

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
My condolences man, especially tough in the COVID era.

Take care

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Thanks for the kind words. I will post more about his personality a bit later. He was bleeding bleu blanc rouge. Last night was the 6th anniversary of our trip to Mtl
Habs beat the Leafs 4 to 0.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Condolences on the loss of your friend. Sounds like he made the world a better place for many people. Can't ask for a better legacy than that.

Reactions: rfournier103

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Jason was only 40 years old, he is survived by his wife, brother and parents. Jason had so many friends, this guy were genuine, and a really unique person. In 2013 he discovered the terrible news about his 2 cancer, One was very rare and aggressive. At that time the doctors were not very optimist about a recovery. He took this as a challenge and did everything he needed to do to face this horrible news. NOT ONCE did he complained, or ask for pity. He was an elite athlete , great ball player, and a very good hockey player. His favorite Habs was of course Gallagher, the same frame as him, the same fight and willingness to compete and to give it all. Last year he got some bad news about his illness, he found out recently that it was coming back and growing fast.

Jason was a paramedic in the Ottawa region. He was saving lives has a job and he was so dedicated and passionate about his job. He stayed on duty until he couldn't physically do is job. His collegues were not aware of his illness since he was a very discreet person.

I have known him over 30 years, his love for the Habs was unmatchable. He would go see 5 or 6 games per year. Today the Habs nation just lost one of his biggest fans and one that was ALWAYS looking at the positive even during the tough Habs seasons.

Thanks for your love and support. I'm sure he will keep an eye on all his family and friends.

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
Sorry for your loss :( Let’s hope the Habs play their best hockey tomorrow to honor his beautiful life, and what seems like their greatest fan!

Reactions: thewall

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I’m so sorry for your loss. Jason sounded like a truly wonderful person :( May he Rest In Peace :(

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Jason was only 40 years old, he is survived by his wife, brother and parents. Jason had so many friends, this guy were genuine, and a really unique person. In 2013 he discovered the terrible news about his 2 cancer, One was very rare and aggressive. At that time the doctors were not very optimist about a recovery. He took this as a challenge and did everything he needed to do to face this horrible news. NOT ONCE did he complained, or ask for pity. He was an elite athlete , great ball player, and a very good hockey player. His favorite Habs was of course Gallagher, the same frame as him, the same fight and willingness to compete and to give it all. Last year he got some bad news about his illness, he found out recently that it was coming back and growing fast.

Jason was a paramedic in the Ottawa region. He was saving lives has a job and he was so dedicated and passionate about his job. He stayed on duty until he couldn't physically do is job. His collegues were not aware of his illness since he was a very discreet person.

I have known him over 30 years, his love for the Habs was unmatchable. He would go see 5 or 6 games per year. Today the Habs nation just lost one of his biggest fans and one that was ALWAYS looking at the positive even during the tough Habs seasons.

Thanks for your love and support. I'm sure he will keep an eye on all his family and friends.

My heart honestly bleeds for anyone who had to live out the final year of their life during a pandemic. Especially the ones who had who were already battling something horrific for even longer. RIP to your friend my man.

HespelerGreenFlash

Dec 20, 2007

Oh noooo. So sorry to hear this about your/ our friend. Heartfelt and sincere condolences to his family

Reactions: thewall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad