Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Flames in embarrassing fashion.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I personally don't get how we can have so many passion-less players on this team. How have they even made it this far in professional sports without the fire it takes to overcome adversity. These guys fold every year it seems. Even Suzuki is super passive, his game and personality. Where is the hunger, the fire...to accept defeat so easily...and Weber? that guy hasn't been inspiring to anyone it would seem since he got here, Price another monotone personality...Drouin, Armia...all in the same mold personality wise...Byron...all soft spoken guys. We have like 1 guy that has that drive and you can see it...Gally and honestly sometime Danault (he gets pissed sometimes). This is hockey man....a contact sport-how can we have assembled so many bystanders? Get involved or go home.

Interesting take. Good to know that his past performance in big games isn’t getting in the way.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I personally don't get how we can have so many passion-less players on this team. How have they even made it this far in professional sports without the fire it takes to overcome adversity. These guys fold every year it seems. Even Suzuki is super passive, his game and personality. Where is the hunger, the fire...to accept defeat so easily...and Weber? that guy hasn't been inspiring to anyone it would seem since he got here, Price another monotone personality...Drouin, Armia...all in the same mold personality wise...Byron...all soft spoken guys. We have like 1 guy that has that drive and you can see it...Gally and honestly sometime Danault (he gets pissed sometimes). This is hockey man....a contact sport-how can we have assembled so many bystanders? Get involved or go home.
Well said,i noticed the same thing last night with suzuki,especially his changes.I posted earlier how refreshing it was to listen to the habs lunch today, they were genuinely disgusted ,especially Nilan.I know bergeven has gotten some well deserved criticism from everyone including me but i put this one on the players and the coach.When the coach was holding only certain players accountable for their sub par performances i knew he was going to eventually lose the room but where the hell is their self pride.This team does not deserve to make the playoffs in any way shape or form.I guess when bergeven said if you want loyalty buy a dog is true because you ain't gonna get it from these gutless pukes.

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Why is this team so putrid at home vs on the road? I initially thought it was Julien overthinking the matchup game w last change at home, but Dom Dom isn’t big in matching lines....I really don’t get it

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Interesting take. Good to know that his past performance in big games isn’t getting in the way.
Notice the period at the end of the sentence, the second sentence wasn't directly pointed at Suzuki. Look I see how it reads...I should have taken my time, was writing in the heat of the moment-I like our rookies.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Way to go losers, you shit the bed again.

e00d5f371002c7b0c52ff644ebdc37c8.gif
Priceless.
Saving this and watching it every time I check in . :biglaugh:

Reactions: NobleSix

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
lol. That's your best case scenario? Are you a Habs fan?

Best case scenario for me is:

1. We make playoffs.
2. We beat Toronto in round 1 (lol at leafs out in round 1 again)
3. We beat Edmonton in round 2 (McDrai have been horrible against us this year)
4. We match up vs Boston or Pittsburgh in round 3 - who we always do good against in playoffs - and win
5. We make it to the finals - and Carey Price has an MVP like performance, and we beat a team for the cup

That's not a best case scenario. That's more like a rainbow-poopin' unicorn. Pure unrealistic fantasy.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
This team can't string good game together. They are one good one bad ever since they hot start.
I think the blame can be shared but it is really weird and disappointing and actually infuriating.
They need games to be 'prove it' games to show up instead of bringing it every night.
I'm sure they will be better tomorrow but don't worry, they'll blow chunks the following game.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This team can't string good game together. They are one good one bad ever since they hot start.
I think the blame can be shared but it is really weird and disappointing and actually infuriating.
They need games to be 'prove it' games to show up instead of bringing it every night.
I'm sure they will be better tomorrow but don't worry, they'll blow chunks the following game.

They don't have play drivers on offense.

The problem isn't the effort, it's the roster.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
That's not a best case scenario. That's more like a rainbow-poopin' unicorn. Pure unrealistic fantasy.
My best case scenario is for Leafs to lose early in the payoffs so I don't have to hear all the networks erotically talk about it all summer....There is no bother expecting Habs to go deep....even if they manage to hold on to a spot.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

They did when Gally was healthy, Suzuki wasn't eating burritos bowls for breakfast and when KK has proper wingers.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
My best case scenario is for Leafs to lose early in the payoffs so I don't have to hear all the networks erotically talk about it all summer....There is no bother expecting Habs to go deep....even if they manage to hold on to a spot.
I'm with you on that one.
Being a Habs fan at play off time has meant f*** all for years. That ain't changing any time soon.
My play offs are who ever is beating the leafs.
The habs are done by training camp every year. Since leafs tanked then made play offs they have lost in round one to Caps, Bruins, Bruins, Jackets, ....... I bet on all four of those teams.
And get this........when the leafs will finally win a round. Thier first in almost 20 years??It will be against a Marc Bergevin squad. No kidding

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77 and McGees

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

I'm with you on that one.
Being a Habs fan at play off time has meant f*** all for years. And will for years to come.
My play offs are who ever beating the leafs.
The habs are done by training camp every year

Worst case is Toronto and Boston both go on a run and face each other in the Stanley Cup Finals, that would suck.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well said,i noticed the same thing last night with suzuki,especially his changes.I posted earlier how refreshing it was to listen to the habs lunch today, they were genuinely disgusted ,especially Nilan.I know bergeven has gotten some well deserved criticism from everyone including me but i put this one on the players and the coach.When the coach was holding only certain players accountable for their sub par performances i knew he was going to eventually lose the room but where the hell is their self pride.This team does not deserve to make the playoffs in any way shape or form.I guess when bergeven said if you want loyalty buy a dog is true because you ain't gonna get it from these gutless pukes.
The same players Bergevin acquired and bragged about.
And let's call a spade a spade. Players are not as thick or stunned as Bergevin. They don't tell themselves the team us better than it is
They know what we know.
All the competition hase more skill , better youth, and better vets on their rosters. It wares on them.
Like every year the Canadiens suck eggs in the last month when teams get better, have gelled, and the hockey is tougher.
Nothing new hear. This season has been going on for 6 long years.

Fact is every Gm in Canadiens history was doing better than Bergevin is .....when they were fired.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They did when Gally was healthy, Suzuki wasn't eating burritos bowls for breakfast and when KK has proper wingers.

all 3 of those are still very mediocre playdrivers at this stage of their careers.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher works because Gallagher is a good fit as a playdriver with them. But even they are not a powerhouse offensive line. KK and Suzuki are just mediocre at driving play at their current young ages.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Aside from beating the Habs 3 times, they are 5-10-1 since he took over.

The Habs make them look like the 2004 Flames.

The issue is that Flames have a lousy roster. Nobody could win with these. But with Sutter at least they put their boots on. And that is the problem with the Habs. They lack that killer instinct. They are always outworked.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
lol. That's your best case scenario? Are you a Habs fan?

Best case scenario for me is:

1. We make playoffs.
2. We beat Toronto in round 1 (lol at leafs out in round 1 again)
3. We beat Edmonton in round 2 (McDrai have been horrible against us this year)
4. We match up vs Boston or Pittsburgh in round 3 - who we always do good against in playoffs - and win
5. We make it to the finals - and Carey Price has an MVP like performance, and we beat a team for the cup
Being a fan doesn't mean having crazy expectations. You can be a fan and realize that the team is going nowhere without major changes.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

yes and no... Sutter's schtick might have a very short shelf life, but he does manage to force everyone in the room to move in the same, aggressive direction, and given that the actual overall talent gap between rosters on NHL teams is far narrower than most appreciate, a group that consistently outworks the opponent can ride that to steady overachieving... it's just really hard to sustain, especially year over year or even over the course of 82 games + playoffs.

our roster is poorly built, no doubt. but, a coach that was willing to force Drouin/Tatar/Staal to compete harder or sit (or better still, let their soft play cause the whole group to bag skate), and reward guys that do compete hard AND smart with more ice time, could get this group to perform better than it has most nights the past two months...

just look at how well we were playing when things were easy and going well... that energy early on in the season evaporated when things got tough, a coach like sutter can, in spurts, force that level of energy back into the room.

ultimately though, yes, MB's complete failure to build a roster with necessary elements on defense and redundant veterans who suck up ice time, put his coach(es) in a tough spot they haven't been able to work us out of

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->