Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Sens 6-3. Bring on McDavid

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You said you were going to go back to the archives to prove your point. Have you? Put up or shut up.
No I didn’t lol

I said and quote....”I’m sure “IF” I go into the archives “.......

as oppose to.....”I WILL go into the archives “

Little lesson in the language of English this afternoon it seems

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
third game in four nights and the Habs had a week off. Was very obvious in the game.

Having that 10 day or so layoff is not ideal either. Under covid protocol, I don't even think they were able to practice, so there should have been alot of expected rust as well.

It was a team that played too much against a team that played/skated too little. If we are going to acknowledge the oiler fatigue, we should also give the habs credit for their performance under some tough circumstances of their own.

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
In January and February we players 3 games in 4 nights 4 times

that 3rd game we won 3 times and lost in OT in the other.....and this WITHOUT a 6 day stretch of days off

elaborate please........
I never said it cant be done. (you said you'd archive my posts have you)?. All i said was the Oilers looked spent and perhaps had something to do with third game in 4 nights while the Habs looked very energized after the week off. I bet you didnt even watch the game.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Having that 10 day or so layoff is not ideal either. Under covid protocol, I don't even think they were able to practice, so there should have been alot of expected rust as well.

It was a team that played too much against a team that played/skated too little. If we are going to acknowledge the oiler fatigue, we should also give the habs credit for their performance under some tough circumstances of their own.
I fully do. Wasnt sure what to expect. But I'd make an assumption elite athletes dont lose that much conditioning under those unique circumstances. And clearly if you watched the game you saw a very excited team with a lot of energy who looked like kids playing the game while the Oilers looked spent ( i speculated 3rd game in 4 nights? maybe played a role)

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
No I didn’t lol

I said and quote....”I’m sure “IF” I go into the archives “.......

as oppose to.....”I WILL go into the archives “

Little lesson in the language of English this afternoon it seems
I’m convinced you muster up the same excuses for this team when we put forth the same effort under similar circumstances....I’m sure if I go into the archives I will find your posts defending this team after a loss during a long road trip or multiple games in compressed days.
Oh so you make empty threats about going back. Gotcha.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I never said it cant be done. (you said you'd archive my posts have you)?. All i said was the Oilers looked spent and perhaps had something to do with third game in 4 nights while the Habs looked very energized after the week off. I bet you didnt even watch the game.
Bet.....??

How can you prove me wrong if we were ever to bet? All I have to say is yes.

Anyways....I’m looking forward to consistency in your posts when the shoe will be on the other foot.

As for 3 games in 4 nights, I find the fatigue excuses just that, an excuse.

4 games in 6 nights is a different story though, especially in a condensed schedule. But that’s my opinion and certainly not fact.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I fully do. Wasnt sure what to expect. But I'd make an assumption elite athletes dont lose that much conditioning under those unique circumstances. And clearly if you watched the game you saw a very excited team with a lot of energy who looked like kids playing the game while the Oilers looked spent ( i speculated 3rd game in 4 nights? maybe played a role)

It's think it's more about execution than conditioning. The passes are just a little off, and the timing isn't quite there. You lose the rythym when you are off skates for that long.

They didn't look like a team that has gone through an extended layoff though. The execution was pretty good right from the first shift.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
It's think it's more about execution than conditioning. The passes are just a little off, and the timing isn't quite there. You lose the rythym when you are off skates for that long.

They didn't look like a team that has gone through an extended layoff though. The execution was pretty good right from the first shift.
I agree I was surprised. But i think it had more to do with guys being excited about playing and clearly elite athletes dont "lose it" after a week off.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Oh so you make empty threats about going back. Gotcha.
Threats???

this is HF man lol

Plus we won or amassed points in our January and February 3 in 4 so it would be difficult to find your post for reason to settle down if we actually won the freggin games

I’d have to go back to last years games and frankly won’t invest the time into that.....instead I will let you dictate if I’m right or wrong about you with the remainder of the season.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Bet.....??

How can you prove me wrong if we were ever to bet? All I have to say is yes.

Anyways....I’m looking forward to consistency in your posts when the shoe will be on the other foot.

As for 3 games in 4 nights, I find the fatigue excuses just that, an excuse.

4 games in 6 nights is a different story though, especially in a condensed schedule. But that’s my opinion and certainly not fact.
So you didnt find any LOL.
I will agree with you about the excuses though i hate when the announcers give the litany of reason why a team looks bad.
That night, for whatever reason, the Oilers looked flat.
The one time this year we looked DEAD was the two games in Calgary. And I said so.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So you didnt find any LOL.
I will agree with you about the excuses though i hate when the announcers give the litany of reason why a team looks bad.
That night, for whatever reason, the Oilers looked flat.
The one time this year we looked DEAD was the two games in Calgary. And I said so.
Last two games I just fast forwarded most of it.
This is not even close to any form of entertainment.
Team is not only lousy but virtually unwatchable.

@BLONG7 .....look what I found lol

this is game vs Calgary where we lost 3-1 after 3 games in 4 nights......I found this in the PGT March 14

Thank you for poking me to do a little research.....

You are who I thought you were....excuses for other teams and knife stabbing in the back for ours.

It’s all good though, it’s just HF lol

Reactions: dnl4ever and BLONG7

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Lost 6-3 one empty net. The 4 min powerplay for the sens hurt us. We were down quick. Ottawa can play great games because of their youth and intensity. They played a great game no doubt. Got some lucky breaks, goalie played better than ours as well. Petry made some serious mental errors that costed us. He wasn’t the only one. Habs didn’t play horrible tho, and we havnt had a real bad laugher this year. The sens are not a joke and it was a deserved win.

Reactions: sandviper

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
@BLONG7 .....look what I found lol

this is game vs Calgary where we lost 3-1 after 3 games in 4 nights......I found this in the PGT March 14

Thank you for poking me to do a little research.....

You are who I thought you were....excuses for other teams and knife stabbing in the back for ours.

It’s all good though, it’s just HF lol

You're a pretty intense analyst Suzie.

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
you mean 10 years ago price steals us a bunch of points?
really sick of ppl defending a 10.5 million goalie. look, the success of the montreal canadiens are only judged by lord stanley. how many of the 24 cups did price's name on it??????????????????

He almost single handledly got his whole teams name on it a few years ago before Krieder took him out and he’s stolen points this year for us with some big saves and big games. You’re just so far down on the hate train that you’ll refuse to give any credit to and even if he went on a streak on shutouts you’d still find a way to say it was the team and that he should’ve had this or that. Pathetic to blame the goalies when the defence is the glaring hole on this team and always has been

Reactions: BLONG7

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Bunch of games? They had a week off, and played TO twice, before heading back to Montreal, to play one more. 3 games in 10 days is what they played.
Haters gonna hate...
Carry on....
You could also state they played three games in four days and were in a back to back, which is what it was. The Oilers looked tired against the Habs. You can't deny that, even the announcers mentioned it.

The next game between the Oilers and the Habs would be more telling ...

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Yes, they are much worse. I mean no offense really, but since you're arguing quality of rosters, I have to say, haven't you already admitted that you don't really watch Habs games? Could be wrong but I think I recall you saying that recently.

That was last year. I restarted watching then due to the Covid cup.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
168855738_2532856337010259_4863055808270377857_n.png

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Lost 6-3 one empty net. The 4 min powerplay for the sens hurt us. We were down quick. Ottawa can play great games because of their youth and intensity. They played a great game no doubt. Got some lucky breaks, goalie played better than ours as well. Petry made some serious mental errors that costed us. He wasn’t the only one. Habs didn’t play horrible tho, and we havnt had a real bad laugher this year. The sens are not a joke and it was a deserved win.

Most fair and straight shooting post in this thread.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

dnl4ever

Oct 28, 2010
What's laughable is our blueline.

You and others like you, look at the save percentage and the salary and then go on rants. But you don't look at our blueline at all. It's lazy oversimplification on your part and you should do some actual research before coming in screaming at goaltending.

Last night is a prime example. How many times did we actually have control of the puck only to give it away leading to a goal? It happened at least twice. How many double deflections were there? At least two. How many breakaways did Price stop? At least two...

If it were Allen in net, folks wouldn't be talking about goaltending at all. But because it's Price and he's getting paid 10.5 people freak out and scream at the goalie. It's a joke.

As I said, there are plenty of games this season to bust Price on. But last night was like so many others we've seen where we just leave him hanging in the wind. No goalie is going to make those stops no matter how much you pay him.

Carey Price (and I know you don't want to hear this) has done really well behind bad teams for the last few years. Unfortunately we've stuck ourselves behind bluelines that can't defend. We have scrubs going against other teams top lines and then we blame the goalie. It's lazy and it's inaccurate. As I've said many times here, paying him 10 mil is fine. But paying him 10 mil and then sticking him behind crap is just mind blowingly dumb.

I didn't see the 6th goal, but the first 5 goals Price was on his knees before the puck entered the net ...

The 5th goal he was on his knees when Petry had possession. Then when Petry lost possession, he had no chance of moving to stop the goal.

Four of the first 5 goals Price should have stopped. Even the tipped goal he played questionably, but I'll give him a break on that one. He may not have had a chance to stop it, but the way he played it is questionable. It's the second time in three games he was scored on, on a deflection where he was sliding with his hands up by his head ... it just looked off, wrong, amateurish.

Even if that got through without being tipped, it looks like he is waving at the puck. You square up, and if you think it's going to be tipped ...you come out closer to the tipper, to have less room for the tip to squeak through. You don't stay deep, and wave your hands in front of your face.

Goaltending like last night's will sink any team. Do you think Seattle would take Price if we made him available in the expansion draft? Would be interesting what his thoughts would be if there were fans in the stands booing him every night at the Bell Centre?

I'd leave him unprotected in the expansion anyway. Every shot of Price is an adventure

dnl4ever

Oct 28, 2010
He almost single handledly got his whole teams name on it a few years ago before Krieder took him out and he’s stolen points this year for us with some big saves and big games. You’re just so far down on the hate train that you’ll refuse to give any credit to and even if he went on a streak on shutouts you’d still find a way to say it was the team and that he should’ve had this or that. Pathetic to blame the goalies when the defence is the glaring hole on this team and always has been

The Montreal Canadiens are measured by Stanley Cups, Anything less is mediocre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad