Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Sens 6-3. Bring on McDavid

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's hard to argue that they're much worse than Gilbert, Pateryn, Murray, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Bryan Allen, Diaz, Gonchar, Emelin, Bouillon, Jeff Weaver, Mike Rielly, Oh Burned, Barberio, Hanley, etc.

Back in the day when Price was star, he could play behind bad D and not be a below average goalie.

Yes, they are much worse. I mean no offense really, but since you're arguing quality of rosters, I have to say, haven't you already admitted that you don't really watch Habs games? Could be wrong but I think I recall you saying that recently.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Price isn't playing up to his franchise-player contract for sure, but this loss is all on what was in front of him.

Blown assignments everywhere.

Hope it was one of those nights where loads of guys have their shit game at the same time.

Reactions: BLONG7

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
While you’re at it you can thank him for Toffoli and Anderson.....or is that asking too much of you?

funny I didn’t see you posting on Price’s shutout last game......too busy sharpening your knives maybe ?
Did you actually watch that game. The Oilers had just played a bunch of games and were BURNT. They barely mustered any shots. I could have gotten the shutout in that one. Price has been BRUTAL again this year.

Reactions: dnl4ever and peate

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Did you actually watch that game. The Oilers had just played a bunch of games and were BURNT. They barely mustered any shots. I could have gotten the shutout in that one. Price has been BRUTAL again this year.
I’m convinced you muster up the same excuses for this team when we put forth the same effort under similar circumstances....I’m sure if I go into the archives I will find your posts defending this team after a loss during a long road trip or multiple games in compressed days.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bunch of games? They had a week off, and played TO twice, before heading back to Montreal, to play one more. 3 games in 10 days is what they played.
Haters gonna hate...
Carry on....

Reactions: jaffy27

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Overpaid cowboy who doesn't live up to his salary. Every mistake ends up in the net. Nice save. :shakehead

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Bunch of games? They had a week off, and played TO twice, before heading back to Montreal, to play one more. 3 games in 10 days is what they played.
Haters gonna hate...
Carry on....
third game in four nights and the Habs had a week off. Was very obvious in the game.

Reactions: dnl4ever

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I’m convinced you muster up the same excuses for this team when we put forth the same effort under similar circumstances....I’m sure if I go into the archives I will find your posts defending this team after a loss during a long road trip or multiple games in compressed days.
Looking forward to it.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The Oilers were off 6 days before their 3 in 4 also...........that's not a bunch of games.
three games in four nights. Enough said. And we just had a week off. Was very clear in the game who had energy. Price faced nothing. Even the announcers said the Oilers looked tired.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Haters gonna hate...
Carry on....
Nice find!!! Lol

3 games in 10 days......I’m expecting full defence from @azcanuck when we find ourselves with this type of schedule and a loss.....and I will be looking for his posts during and after a match to see if he is a person of his word.

Reactions: dnl4ever and BLONG7

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The Oilers were off 6 days before their 3 in 4 also...........that's not a bunch of games.
March 21-off
March 22-off
March 23-off
March 24-off
March 25-off
:laugh:
March 26-off
March 27-game
March 28-off
March 29- game
March 30- game vs Habs

Maybe it was that :50mins flight from YYZ to YUL that exhausted them......:laugh:

Reactions: BLONG7

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
three games in four nights. Enough said. And we just had a week off. Was very clear in the game who had energy. Price faced nothing. Even the announcers said the Oilers looked tired.
We had a week off where they couldn’t hit the ice vs their time off practicing as a unit.....:laugh:

ma parole :facepalm:

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
We had a week off where they couldn’t hit the ice vs their time off practicing as a unit.....:laugh:

ma parole :facepalm:
I was concerned going into the game. But the Habs were flying all over the ice the whole game while the Oilers looked dead. Pretty sure you didnt watch the game.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
March 21-off
March 22-off
March 23-off
March 24-off
March 25-off
:laugh:
March 26-off
March 27-game
March 28-off
March 29- game
March 30- game vs Habs

Maybe it was that :50mins flight from YYZ to YUL that exhausted them......:laugh:
No it was the three games in 4 nights. While we had a week off. I guess elite athletes dont lose much conditioning and the rest energized them. Sure looked that way.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Nice find!!! Lol

3 games in 10 days......I’m expecting full defence from @azcanuck when we find ourselves with this type of schedule and a loss.....and I will be looking for his posts during and after a match to see if he is a person of his word.
You said you were going to go back to the archives to prove your point. Have you? Put up or shut up.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No it was the three games in 4 nights. While we had a week off. I guess elite athletes dont lose much conditioning and the rest energized them. Sure looked that way.
In January and February we players 3 games in 4 nights 4 times

that 3rd game we won 3 times and lost in OT in the other.....and this WITHOUT a 6 day stretch of days off

elaborate please........

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Look at the Oilers and Habs. Both had a week off and played good in first two games with a lot of energy and then both hit a wall in the third game. Makes some sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad