Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Sens 6-3. Bring on McDavid

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You can't even name me who's one #1 center and our #1 d-pairing......but that's the goalies fault.
You know Jake Allen is 92.2% but we lost 8 games out of 13 when he's in net.....but I guess having "good stats" is more important than winning games.

What about Weber?
7.8M$ and he's barely a 2nd pairing D.
Drouin....5.5M and only 2 goals....you think that's not killing us too.
We have always laid all issues, at the feet of the goalie....Flyers fans know what it's like to have no goaltending.
It's easy to see the team tightens things up with Allen in net, their entire game suffers because of it, and then we can't score. And that's Price's fault too?
lol

Reactions: Milhouse40

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
In a all probabilities, we SHOULD make the PO and face either Edmonton,Toronto or Winnipeg
IT might not be a terrible idea to put Suzuki or even KK on the wing for a couple of games to see our options for the PO

Yes, it won't kill either one of them to be on the wing or hurt their development. People have noted that Staal has played wing.

Of course, he has, so has ROR, Draisaitl, Malkin, Bergeron, Seguin, PLD, Schenn, etc. It's pretty common to move centers to wing in order to stack lines. It's common for centers to be the most skilled players on team & coaches want to put skilled guys together and grinders together.

I'm ok with KK moving to wing, so we can get a good look at Staal at center.

Tatar -- Danault -- Gallagher
Drouin -- Suzuki -- Anderson
Kotkaniemi -- Staal -- Toffoli
Armia -- Evans -- Perry

Evans needs to be in lineup. He's far & away our best pker.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
you mean 10 years ago price steals us a bunch of points?
really sick of ppl defending a 10.5 million goalie. look, the success of the montreal canadiens are only judged by lord stanley. how many of the 24 cups did price's name on it??????????????????
Exactly. LOL at price.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Welcome Eric Stall, you are going to make our center line much better! Finally Suzuki on the wing!:nod:

1d7063ef49aa5ec56955399a77dbd07a.gif

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
That's an exaggeration. It is common that third pairing guys appear to be more solid than the big minute eaters, but that's not the case. Their job is that much easier. That's also why the criticism of guys like Weber or Chiarot, while warranted in certain cases, is way overblown.

It's not an exageration when you look up his history while playing on the top 4 with either Weber or Petry, which makes your counter-argument irrelevant, as he played just as efficiently back then. Sure being on a third pairing helps a guy who hasn't seen much hockey in the last 8 months (was his 11th game last night), but to pretend Mete is only playing well because of that is simply ignoring the 1200+ minutes (after RS) he played just the same as right now but on the top 4 instead, getting a +20 (which you just don't get if you can't function on those lines, especially with over 1000 minutes).

Since the start of his sophomore season, Mete's been a minus with only 2 of his 11 partners, two of which make-up only about 10% of his total ESTOI:

Mete's partners from 18-19 to present:

Weber 947.9 44-28 +16
Petry 286.4 14-10 +4
Ouellet 147.7 6-4 +2
Kulak 123.4 7-6 +1
Chiarot 109.8 2-4 -2
Romanov 105.9 7-3 +4
Fleury 86.4 2-6 -4
Benn 55.4 2-2 E
Scandella 47.5 1-0 +1
Schlemko 44.5 2-0 +2
Reilly 22.4 1-1 E
Alzner 22.3 0-0 E

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Not just this game! Sens not exactly '76 Canadiens.

Price has had one or two great seasons but look at all the years he sucked.

Price been Red Light Racicot 50% of his career.

End of story is Price contract is killing.
LOL. Look at Vasilevsky. Never blows a game. Price. Knew it was a bad contract the minute it was signed. He had better steal it in the playoffs. Or f*** off.

Reactions: dnl4ever

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
He’s played well behind bad clubs man. You’re looking at one single stat.

Last year for example his save percentage wasn’t great but he had a strong year for what he faced.

Folks need to start understanding that you can’t put a goalie behind crap and expect to win. He bailed us out as much as any goalie could but it was a consistent barrage of in close chances. That’s why we had to play him in every game down the stretch, our backups couldn’t even win a game behind that D.

Go back and watch the goals from last night. It’s ridiculous. And it doesn’t factor in the saves he made including two breakaways. You can’t give away the puck in the slot like that and expect your goalie to save you.

Like I said, Blame him for a slow start but don’t come in here after last night bitching about the goalie.

There have been nights where he’s to blame and there will be more to come but last night wasn’t one of them. But the default when we give up goals is to blame him. It’s so f***ing dumb.
I'm in a really competitive hockey pool and no one has Price. Again. That says something. People are not stupid. Give it up man. He is shit.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm in a really competitive hockey pool and no one has Price. Again. That says something. People are not stupid. Give it up man. He is shit.
Save the fantasy hockey stuff for folks who don't know hockey.

Back when I actually had time to be in those leagues, we used to avoid some great scorers because their plus minus would kill you. Why? Because they were stuck behind bad clubs. It's the same thing and has nothing to do with the player's ability.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
10.5 is not a legit answer. Again, he’s played well behind bad clubs. You can’t play minor leaguers on your D and then blame the goalie and scream “but 10.5!!” That’s just lazy shit.

Until we have a legit D we will remain inconsistent. 10.5 or not.
LOL are you serious LG?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I would be pretty safe assuming NO habs get taken in pools. They never produce much in the way of results.
Zero exoectations of the team year over year, does that...you take players that are producing on the BEST teams.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
We have always laid all issues, at the feet of the goalie....Flyers fans know what it's like to have no goaltending.
It's easy to see the team tightens things up with Allen in net, their entire game suffers because of it, and then we can't score. And that's Price's fault too?
lol
He let in 5 goals. LOL.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
LOL are you serious LG?

Yeah, I'm really struggling to understand the logic here.

He's played well behind bad clubs before, but now he's not playing well anymore, and it's suddenly the teams fault? I mean, if he can play well behind bad clubs, why isn't he doing it now? Is it because the team in front of him is worse than it's ever been? Maybe but doubtful. I think the corollary to the argument that it's the team's fault that Price's play has declined is that if that's the case, he was also never as good as people claimed when he was playing well either.

Allen is playing better with the exact same team. It really just stinks of excuses.

At the end of the day, Price is being paid to be an elite game changer. He simply is not, and has not been for a while now. And that contract progressively gets worse every year.

But it seems pretty popular for some members on this board to blame everything/everyone else except for the actual player themselves for their own struggles.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Are you? Or are you going to lay some more Yahoo Fantasy Hockey wisdom on me again?
Come on LG. You know I respect you. But defending Price at his contract and his inconsistency is laughable. That game is EXACTLY the game he should steal.

Last edited:

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
Has Shea Weber ever landed a punch? I mean, ever? Seems it would help his cause in a fight.

Kotkaniemi is gonna be a beast for us for years to come. I really like what I see developing right now with him. Another off season maybe two and he'll be dominant in all situations. He is looking like leadership of the future to me.

Defensive coaching position holder currently looks to be somewhat wobbly. Gotta tighten that shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walrus26 and BLONG7

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Come on LG. You know I respect you. But defending Price at his contract and his inconsistency is laughable.
What's laughable is our blueline.

You and others like you, look at the save percentage and the salary and then go on rants. But you don't look at our blueline at all. It's lazy oversimplification on your part and you should do some actual research before coming in screaming at goaltending.

Last night is a prime example. How many times did we actually have control of the puck only to give it away leading to a goal? It happened at least twice. How many double deflections were there? At least two. How many breakaways did Price stop? At least two...

If it were Allen in net, folks wouldn't be talking about goaltending at all. But because it's Price and he's getting paid 10.5 people freak out and scream at the goalie. It's a joke.

As I said, there are plenty of games this season to bust Price on. But last night was like so many others we've seen where we just leave him hanging in the wind. No goalie is going to make those stops no matter how much you pay him.

Carey Price (and I know you don't want to hear this) has done really well behind bad teams for the last few years. Unfortunately we've stuck ourselves behind bluelines that can't defend. We have scrubs going against other teams top lines and then we blame the goalie. It's lazy and it's inaccurate. As I've said many times here, paying him 10 mil is fine. But paying him 10 mil and then sticking him behind crap is just mind blowingly dumb.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Come on LG. You know I respect you. But defending Price at his contract and his inconsistency is laughable. That game is EXACTLY the game he should steal.
Leafs have lost to the Sens too, interesting....and their blame game goalie only makes 5M...bottom line is the salary of any player means nothing once the puck drops, ask Drouin.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I didn't have the chance to watch the game last night, and that's more than likely a good thing.

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

So who are we bashing today? Usual suspects?
Therrien.

His effects on the team still, CLEARLY, have not worn off.

Oh and trade pr... nvm

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Leafs have lost to the Sens too, interesting....and their blame game goalie only makes 5M...bottom line is the salary of any player means nothing once the puck drops, ask Drouin.
everyone loses to everyone. and everyone wins against everyone.

Reactions: BLONG7

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It's hard to argue that they're much worse than Gilbert, Pateryn, Murray, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Bryan Allen, Diaz, Gonchar, Emelin, Bouillon, Jeff Weaver, Mike Rielly, Oh Burned, Barberio, Hanley, etc.

Back in the day when Price was star, he could play behind bad D and not be a below average goalie.

Because he was supported by one of the best top 2 in the league on D.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad