gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 10.04.44 AM.png

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I just think it's the special teams killing us, more than anything. The PP is so bad, fix that up a bit and things look a lot better. That stupid drop bass at the C line is hilarious. You skate all the way to center, just to drop the puck back to our blueline so another turd can skate up and hit another wall. Who is the super genius coming up with these plays?

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I just think it's the special teams killing us, more than anything. The PP is so bad, fix that up a bit and things look a lot better. That stupid drop bass at the C line is hilarious. You skate all the way to center, just to drop the puck back to our blueline so another turd can skate up and hit another wall. Who is the super genius coming up with these plays?
When the plan is to dump it in and have Drouin retrieve it behind the net along the boards, there’s a problem.

The 6 on 5 was pretty good, at least.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I could see the point of using it if we had one of the top puck carriers in the game but we clearly don’t lol. Just get it to center and dump it like we do for most of the rest of the game.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Leafs are just a better team. I hate admitting that so much, but it's the truth. Now that they have a competent goalie, they're trouncing everyone in the division.

Once again, our PP sucks and failed us miserably when we needed it most. We can't score in front of Jake for some reason, so even when he plays really well (with the exception of the first goal) it doesn't matter.

Toffoli is great and he's been awesome this year, but his fly-by on Matthews on the third goal was gross. Literally made a half-ass stick swing and then, before you know it, they're storming down the ice.

On to Winnipeg.

Reactions: rik schau

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Our PP was good at the first part of the coaching change.............but now? Too much Drouin and too much Weber.
Gotta make some serious TOI distribution changes in a hurry. Regular 5 on 5 and the PP
The first wave was never good, I don't know why they keep starting it, I think theyve scored two goals since the coaching change (Both Suzuki just slinging pucks.)

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The first wave was never good, I don't know why they keep starting it, I think theyve scored two goals since the coaching change (Both Suzuki just slinging pucks.)
At some point recently during a game they said our PP was at 30 percent since Burrows took over. Much better than the past.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I would imagine it's not the same level of fear when a Draisatl, McDavid, Wheeler, Ehlers, etc. have the puck though, eh?

TBH McDavid/Draisaitl/Ehlers/Wheeler are not all that intimidating vs the Leafs, they surprisingly look human when they play us. Guys like Bergeron, Marchand, Pasta, Barkov, Crosby eat the Leafs alive. Staal has been a Leaf killer over the years too, I was worried about him last night, was a no show but I expected him to be better. Andersen seems to be your most dangerous forward, he sure likes to hit my Leafs.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
bad effort, sad

Perry needs to grab JD and the other floaters and ask them if they want to play
Weber needs to start hitting in our end of the ice, nostril's walks in and Weber watches him

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Allen was outstanding. This game wasnt really that close.

Allen has been putting in that type of performance all season, with some of the best analytics in the entire league. He is top 10 in many goalie metrics. In goals saved above expected, Allen is a stellar 5.7. Price is a negative 1.7. In wins above replacement, Allen is again an excellent 0.95. Price is negative .29.

Proof Allen is superior to Price.
They need to expose Price to seattle and protect Allen. Lets see if they have the balls to do it.

Reactions: rik schau

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I said it yesterday but it's crazy that after almost 2/3rd of the season, Cayden Primeau is only 2 goals behind our most paid forward.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Big game again,any lineup changes looming? Allan back in goal or they throw the youngster in?

Reactions: habbubba

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
Montreal is no match for Leafs, Montreal is to untalented and too lazy to be a team with star power

Jul 6, 2016
Lines I would like to see:

Tatar- Danault-Perry
Toffoli-KK-Anderson
Drouin-Staal-Suzuki (his turn to play rw and stop overthinking as a centerman)
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

Edmundson-Weber
Romanov-Petry
Kulak-Mete

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
2 Australian Habs fans! I went to your amazing country many years ago and had a great time. Spent almost 5 months there. Unfortunately I did not go to Western Australia. The farthest to the west I went was Melbourne.

Good on ya! You didn't hear it from me but the west and north is not something worth visiting.I never would have gone if not for my lady being from here.lol

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Our PP was good at the first part of the coaching change.............but now? Too much Drouin and too much Weber.
Gotta make some serious TOI distribution changes in a hurry. Regular 5 on 5 and the PP
Can't believe we haven't seen any of Romanov on the PP with the way Weber is playing this year. Kind of hoping he's injured or something because he looks like he has lost a step. So many times he can't keep the play alive at the blue line because he's too slow, unfortunately his shot hasn't been 'ON' enough to compensate so far...

Reactions: WeThreeKings

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Allen has been putting in that type of performance all season, with some of the best analytics in the entire league. He is top 10 in many goalie metrics. In goals saved above expected, Allen is a stellar 5.7. Price is a negative 1.7. In wins above replacement, Allen is again an excellent 0.95. Price is negative .29.

They need to expose Price to seattle and protect Allen. Lets see if they have the balls to do it.

Did you forget Price has a NMC?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

If Price had given up that first goal you would be leading the pitchfork march...

Just keep in mind there’s a reason after years of chances Allen was bounced by a no name rookie w a stellar D group in front of him in STL. Since you like numbers should look at Allen’s number when he surpasses 35GP per season substantial drop off, just sayin

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
If Price had given up that first goal you would be leading the pitchfork march...

Just keep in mind there’s a reason after years of chances Allen was bounced by a no name rookie w a stellar D group in front of him in STL. Since you like numbers should look at Allen’s number when he surpasses 35GP per season substantial drop off, just sayin
The lead leading scorer beats you on a wrap around? Mathews beat price with a wrist shot from the blue line earlier this year.

I look at overall numbers and for three years now Allen is trending up and Price way down.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The second wave scored 6 goals and the first wave 4, one of those being a Weber pingpong goal and two being Suzuki just scoring on talent alone. This wave has been terrible.

The PP GF/60 of the 2nd wave
Gallagher 13.01
Petry 12.54
Perry 12.33
Tatar 11.11
KK 10.49

The PP GF/60 of the first wave
Toffoli 7.72
Anderson 7.69
Weber 7.62
Suzuki 7.59
Drouin 6.34

The second wave combined for 28 shots in 32 minutes with a shooting of 21%
The first wave for 33 shots in 39 minutes with a shooting of 12%

Its insane that the first wave still gets played so much.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The lead leading scorer beats you on a wrap around? Mathews beat price with a wrist shot from the blue line earlier this year.

I look at overall numbers and for three years now Allen is trending up and Price way down.
You look at what best suits your agenda...Allen’s entire career has shown once workload picks up his performance drops off a cliff

Reactions: Perrah

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Someone should get Suzuki new skates. There were a few times where we slipped last night which either killed a play or led to a turnover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad