Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Leafs. Extended winning streak ends at 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
That why I said they need to find another C this summer to help NS out. PD is gone, as he will want too much money. KK, well, "awful" out there is an understatement.

I cant imagine starting next year with one centre that can generate any offense. Shit they would have to play NS 35 minutes a night, lol.

Until current management is gone, we are stuck with what we have

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Winnipeg aren’t that good. They are a beatable team. I noticed in the NHL power rankings today that they have them at 17th just ahead of the Habs at 18th. To think some supposedly smart people don’t believe we are in a weak division.

They are definitely not invincible. However, when healthy they aren’t really a favourable matchup for us. To be frank, I expected them to be 4th on the basis their defence isn’t exactly stacked. However, they are just so top heavy, it’s really tough to play them, especially if Hellebuyck is in god mode.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
If only if he could reach Ellers level that would acceptable, don't need another Mc carron debacle.

If he only reaches Eller level than he is a complete bust. You don’t draft Eller level players at 3ova. They aren’t hard to find via fa or trade.

At 3ova you don’t draft need, especially if that need is a project. BPA. More proof MB & TT have to go.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I disagree he never had a stretch of games with 2 good wingers ever.

Yes he had Toffoli , Anderson but never both of them together .
Like if we were healthy (with Caufield in the AHL cause I think he's not ready)

Tatar-Suzuki-Anderson
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Danault-Armia
Staal-Evans-Perry

This should be the lineup when healthy but OMG we might piss off and lose Danault and his apparent Selke Psyche. Bergevin has put us in a position where we could very well lose both Tatar and Danault for nada nothing zip squat any way you prefer naming it. It's not like we haven't seen that type of asset management from him in the past.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This should be the lineup when healthy but OMG we might piss off and lose Danault and his apparent Selke Psyche. Bergevin has put us in a position where we could very well lose both Tatar and Danault for nada nothing zip squat any way you prefer naming it. It's not like we haven't seen that type of asset management from him in the past.

They should reacquire Jordie Benn so they can once again use an expansion protection slot on him.

Reactions: Rapala

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Bergevin didnt sell because he is sure he got a default playoff spot and him selling his pieces would make him easier to fire.

That's the only reason behind it. If habs were 6th in the division right now , he would be fired already and im 100% sure. 5 years of not making playoffs is just enough. His contract is almost expired also.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The team chasing the Habs had 19 games in in 28 games to start the season and never had the luxury of any extended soft schedule and a lot of Habs fans called Nuck fans whiners. Oilers have had it far worse due to covid and continue to roll.

Why are all of your posts so defensive and whiney? The Canucks suck this season due to bad management and poor roster construction, get over it and move on.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
KK, in his rookie season at 18 years old, was 5 points shy from Eller's personal best in over 10 seasons in the league.

Eller played his first season at 21 years old and finished with 17 points in 77 games.

KK doubled that with 34 pts in 79 games at 18 years old.

I'd say KK is already well ahead of Eller at the same age.

It's a semi-free world, you can say whatever you like. Just saying if I had a choice to get Eller for KK it's not a question. With Eller you have a reliable 2 way center that can skate and stick handle and play against the top centers and looks like an NHL player, KK looks like he should still be in minor hockey,imaho

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
But why did we keep hearing Bergevin fixed all our problems last summer? I swear the number of times I heard that and then came the explanatory speech filled with so much self-assurance that they were right. Where's that pseudo expert @Roadhouse ? He kept babblin on and on about how the team was so much better, egged Leafs fans on the main board to no end.

I kept repeating that our defense was shit and we needed a major puckmover. Kept repeating we won't go far when your top pairing is Webrot. Kept repeating that if the Habs do well, it'll only be because of the weak division, but finally they hardly can even cut it in the north.

1. The team is much better, that much is true. You want last year's roster back? How about Domi and the 2018 crew, were they a better solution than the hybrid lines we see now?

2. Completely incorrect that I egged Leaf fans on the main, I kept it here. I called out outrageous posts on the main, sure. I was thread-banned for saying the Habs/Contender thread from January had no merit. Seriously, you have the wrong poster.

3. I haven't posted in many months - why bring me up?!

4. I repeated over and over that this was a wait and see year for the Habs, called for a Cup run in 2023 with long winded posts about future rosters. Why would I be so invested into this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->