Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Leafs. Extended winning streak ends at 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Okay. So on Saturday night, we can expect Ben Chiarot and Shea Weber to execute good breakouts from our zone and the center group will set up actual good scoring chances because they are well-rested. I am excited to see this.
Listen Craig, I think this team is better than that and we see it sometimes but they are tired and stressed. They will make the playoffs and that's something i'm looking forward to. The rest between us is opinion, I respect yours.

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
Its the same story in montreal every year. Price gets hurt, few other injuries and montreal slowly dies and misses the playoffs. None of the rookies ever shine so the fans keeps waiting. After this season we'll have a speech from Bergevin about clinching in the playoffs being the only objective in this team.

This era has been going long enough. Price, Weber need to go, and Bergevin has to quit getting oldies and useless bottom 6 players for picks when you have many AHLs that can do the same job or better.

Brady Tkachuk should be a habs. But we had to pick a long projet again that wont pan out.

Give Roy the GM spot. He wont tolerat medicoracy

Reactions: azcanuck

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Indeed KK might not be the player we need but he could still be a decent 3rd liner. Like we did with Eller just because he was not good enough for a top 6 doesnt need you need to ship him away

All depends on who you passed over though. I think Tkachuk will always be the better player, but now I'm not sure if he would develop in this shit system either. Seriously, nothing will change here till everyone from scouting to GM is gone, and this new butthead coach.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Listen Craig, I think this team is better than that and we see it sometimes but they are tired and stressed. They will make the playoffs and that's something i'm looking forward to. The rest between us is opinion, I respect yours.
I too thought that this team was better as well when we started the season against Vancouver and everything was wonderful. I was fooled by what I saw because I forgot how this team has done similar things for years only to crash back to earth once other teams got serious about playing hockey and our flaws got exposed.

Weber looks slower and more out of place than ever in high tempo hockey, Chiarot is big and as one-dimensional as it gets. Romanov is young and will need a few years to find his game and Petry has settled back down to earth after being on fire to start the year and then there is everyone else back there, leftovers, scrap pile gems that MB has cherished over the years. There is one guy on our current D core that can be instrumental in taking over a hockey game and he has been good but is on the wrong side of thirty, still good but nowhere near enough.

Our top 3 centers have 19 goals and a combined 72 points between them and have been overmatched many times this season because of either not being ready or possibly not having the talent that we need them to have.

Our wingers are actually not that bad, Toffoli, Anderson,Gallagher and Tatar are not stars but they are solid producers at the NHL level and have been the least of our problems in my humble opinion.

Carey Price has underperformed, he is not as good as he needs to be based on his contract and status with the team. There are physical issues again and his mental focus has seemed to be lacking this season. Years of wear and tear and playing behind what has mostly been a bad defensive core has taken its toll and sadly he is signed for forever. Jake Allen has been solid in my opinion but without much run support much like Price over his healthy years here.

We fired a coach and replaced him with one of his assistants and that hasn't seemed to be a great decision based on what has been on many occasions a listless team that almost looks confused as to how to play. A revolving door of lines without much in the way of success is making it look like Claude Julien will get another head coaching job based on how bad this team has looked since he left.

I am sure I forgot some stuff and I am sure that there are many others here that can put it all together better than I can. I do not believe that fatigue is a major issue with this team, a lack of talent on the overall roster is a larger issue, especially our defense. I do not believe that this team will magically put it all together in the playoffs and needs to be scrapped and rebuilt, hopefully by someone that actually has a clue of how to do so. Good luck is all I can say to that individual.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
All depends on who you passed over though. I think Tkachuk will always be the better player, but now I'm not sure if he would develop in this shit system either. Seriously, nothing will change here till everyone from scouting to GM is gone, and this new butthead coach.
100% agree , Timmins is also 1 of the person that should be kicked in the ass alongside with our GM.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Tkachuk and Anderson would be fun to watch. Trade for Matthew too, I don't care what it costs.

Matthew - x - Anderson
Brady - x - Gallagher
Toffoli - x - Caufield

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Tkachuk and Anderson would be fun to watch. Trade for Matthew too, I don't care what it costs.

Matthew - x - Anderson
Brady - x - Gallagher
Toffoli - x - Caufield

This team has to find a number 1 young C, no matter what the cost. However we need a new GM to find one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
While I tend to agree, if there's a time to beat the Jets, it's now. Ehlers had I think 9 points against us this season, so that's one Habs killer we won't have to deal with. Hellebuyck has lost his last 5, six of his last 7 and has only posted a .900+ three times in that span.

I mean, they are still a better team, especially their forwards, but if we're going to snatch 2 points from them, now is the time.

Winnipeg aren’t that good. They are a beatable team. I noticed in the NHL power rankings today that they have them at 17th just ahead of the Habs at 18th. To think some supposedly smart people don’t believe we are in a weak division.

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Winnipeg aren’t that good. They are a beatable team. I noticed in the NHL power rankings today that they have them at 17th just ahead of the Habs at 18th. To think some supposedly smart people don’t believe we are in a weak division.
No other division has the amount of time zone coast-to-coast travel or concentration of elite players & PPs like the North has - combine that w condensed schedule..

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Just imagine tkachuk and gallagher together. That alone would be worth watching for a few years.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No other division has the amount of time zone coast-to-coast travel or concentration of elite players & PPs like the North has - combine that w condensed schedule..

Yup that explains everything.

5th
11th
17th
18th
22nd
23rd
24th

2019=2020 for shits and giggles

11th
13th
17th
19th
20th
24th
30th

“The True North Strong and Free”

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I think Tkachuk's game and development doesn't need alot of coddling. He would be difficult to screw up much the same way as Gallagher was difficult to screw up.

Reactions: Habs and ArtPeur

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Its the same story in montreal every year. Price gets hurt, few other injuries and montreal slowly dies and misses the playoffs. None of the rookies ever shine so the fans keeps waiting. After this season we'll have a speech from Bergevin about clinching in the playoffs being the only objective in this team.

This era has been going long enough. Price, Weber need to go, and Bergevin has to quit getting oldies and useless bottom 6 players for picks when you have many AHLs that can do the same job or better.

Brady Tkachuk should be a habs. But we had to pick a long projet again that wont pan out.

Give Roy the GM spot. He wont tolerat medicoracy

Can we make sure to record when Roy comes out of his office and marches to molson's door to tell him that he's managed his last game?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
If only if he could reach Ellers level that would acceptable, don't need another Mc carron debacle.

KK, in his rookie season at 18 years old, was 5 points shy from Eller's personal best in over 10 seasons in the league.

Eller played his first season at 21 years old and finished with 17 points in 77 games.

KK doubled that with 34 pts in 79 games at 18 years old.

I'd say KK is already well ahead of Eller at the same age.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I too thought that this team was better as well when we started the season against Vancouver and everything was wonderful. I was fooled by what I saw because I forgot how this team has done similar things for years only to crash back to earth once other teams got serious about playing hockey and our flaws got exposed.

Weber looks slower and more out of place than ever in high tempo hockey, Chiarot is big and as one-dimensional as it gets. Romanov is young and will need a few years to find his game and Petry has settled back down to earth after being on fire to start the year and then there is everyone else back there, leftovers, scrap pile gems that MB has cherished over the years. There is one guy on our current D core that can be instrumental in taking over a hockey game and he has been good but is on the wrong side of thirty, still good but nowhere near enough.

Our top 3 centers have 19 goals and a combined 72 points between them and have been overmatched many times this season because of either not being ready or possibly not having the talent that we need them to have.

Our wingers are actually not that bad, Toffoli, Anderson,Gallagher and Tatar are not stars but they are solid producers at the NHL level and have been the least of our problems in my humble opinion.

Carey Price has underperformed, he is not as good as he needs to be based on his contract and status with the team. There are physical issues again and his mental focus has seemed to be lacking this season. Years of wear and tear and playing behind what has mostly been a bad defensive core has taken its toll and sadly he is signed for forever. Jake Allen has been solid in my opinion but without much run support much like Price over his healthy years here.

We fired a coach and replaced him with one of his assistants and that hasn't seemed to be a great decision based on what has been on many occasions a listless team that almost looks confused as to how to play. A revolving door of lines without much in the way of success is making it look like Claude Julien will get another head coaching job based on how bad this team has looked since he left.

I am sure I forgot some stuff and I am sure that there are many others here that can put it all together better than I can. I do not believe that fatigue is a major issue with this team, a lack of talent on the overall roster is a larger issue, especially our defense. I do not believe that this team will magically put it all together in the playoffs and needs to be scrapped and rebuilt, hopefully by someone that actually has a clue of how to do so. Good luck is all I can say to that individual.

Too many intangibles spoil the sauce.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Which is already better than holding on by a thread like Bergevin and not knowing when to quit. If Berfevin actually loved the Habs, he'd hand in his resignation to help the team!

I’m sure Geoff wouldn’t let him!!!

Reactions: Rapala

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
This team has to find a number 1 young C, no matter what the cost. However we need a new GM to find one.

Its as clear as day, they need to find a #1c or at least a legitimate 2c that can help NS out.

In their last 10 games:

NS 3G 3A 6Pts
JE 0G 3A 3pts
PD 0G 2A 2pts
ES 1G 0A 1pt
KK 0G 1A 1Pt

Look at this mess, the only C who has produced anything is NS. PD, ES & KK have been hot garbage.

You can't win consistently when you have only 1 NHL centre who can actually produce any offense. FFS, Jake Evans has outproduced PD, KK, ES. A 7th round pick who gets little ice time and 0 PP time.

If they did not have NS I can't imagine how bad this position would be because right now it just nasty. They have the worst center ice depth in the entire division.

Just play the shit out of NS because the other three duds arent going to generate squat. Give JE a regular role to finish out the year, he works hard, kills penalties and has deserved more ice time. Play the heck out of NS & JE and let the three other scrubs battle it out for the remaining two spots.

Last edited:

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Its as clear as day, they need to find a #1c or at least a legitimate 2c that can help NS out.

In their last 10 games:

NS 3G 3A 6Pts
JE 0G 3A 3pts
PD 0G 2A 2pts
ES 1G 0A 1pt
KK 0G 1A 1Pt

Look at this hot garbage, the only C who has produced anything is NS. PD, ES & KK have been hot garbage.

You can't win consistently when you have only 1 NHL centre who can actually produce any offense. FFS, Jake Evans has outproduced PD, KK, ES. A 7th round pick who gets little ice time and 0 PP time.

If they did not have NS I can't imagine how bad this position would be because right now it just nasty.

Just play the shit out of NS because the other three duds arent going to generate squat.

JK is not NHL material and should be in the AHL, another prospect bites the dust. He is awful out there. Can't pass, can't hit the next, missed assignments. Evans, KK, Caufield and Romanov would all grow so much down there.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
JK is not NHL material and should be in the AHL, another prospect bites the dust. He is awful out there. Can't pass, can't hit the next, missed assignments. Evans, KK, Caufield and Romanov would all grow so much down there.

That why I said they need to find another C this summer to help NS out. PD is gone, as he will want too much money. KK, well, "awful" out there is an understatement.

I cant imagine starting next year with one centre that can generate any offense. Shit they would have to play NS 35 minutes a night, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->