Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in OT 4-3

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Missed the game....my kid was too busy winning a gold medal in trampoline....:D. So in resume....how was it? Too lazy to go through everthing....;)
Your kid sounds like a winner. You think they'd be interested in playing on the Habs fourth line? We gotta do something.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Can't believe no one at RDS is shutting these atrocities down.

I weep for humanity when I realize they haven't been canceled because there are many people watching.

Bergeron's mannerism alone probably reels a few in automatically. It's probably impressive to a lot of people.

Last edited:

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
It's like reading a bad high-school essay, "Why Toronto is My Favourite Team!" The writer should be embarrassed.

It really is cringe worthy!! My 13 year old would embarrass his writing skills

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You have a seriously fast young team, that forecheck was pretty relentless. Was funny to see the first Domi in a Montreal jersey and it’s always nice to see Price getting back to being Price. Even though though he let in four he was pretty damn good last night.

While I’d love to meet you guys in the playoffs, I’m not sure this board and mod team or country could handle it.

Cheers.
A Mtl./Tor. playoff series would create a black-hole that sucks this entire site into oblivion. There wouldn't be much moderating after HF disintegrates into particles,

Reactions: dinodebino

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
A Mtl./Tor. playoff series would create a black-hole that sucks this entire site into oblivion. There wouldn't be much moderating after HF disintegrates into particles,
It would be the equivalent of a Thanos-like moment. It would be ugly. It would be destructive.

Reactions: Lshap

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
It's like reading a bad high-school essay, "Why Toronto is My Favourite Team!" The writer should be embarrassed.

his fingers should be cut. decent price to pay for the psychological harm created by his work.

come on, I never read that shit!

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Muller has to go or be relegated to towel/water boy. I have been biting my tongue on this for a long time. Kirk is a warrior and a nice guy but he is not a systems guy. Sad to say I know many retired hockey players who only understand the game in it's very simplest form. Often their teachings are obsolete or bordering on being asinine. They will often try to imitate newer ideas in a desperate measure to stay afloat. The problem is they don't understand the reasoning for these sytems and completely misinterpret them. The idiotic neutral zone bump back while on a 4 on 3 was a great exampleof this. There is an effective way to do this but that was not the time. All they had to do was send both wingers wide to their respective boards. If the defending team covers them you have a wide open 2 on 1 in the middle. The more likely scenario is the D stay inside the dots which allows for an easy entry for the wings and a half wall set up. The key to this is that the trailer on the rush is the puck carrier. He will have the angle to threaten every passing lane simutaneously.

Sorry if I sound douchey, I just can't watch and tolerate such gross incompetence any longer.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I just didn't expect to see something like that posted on the msn sports page. That was more like a blog post from 12 year old Leafs fanboy.

Why is msn even giving space to this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Fine with me if we end up in the WC spot. This whole season is house-money and the Habs are almost certainly not getting home-ice advantage in the playoffs, no matter who they face. Tampa, NYI, Toronto, Boston, Washington -- bring 'em on and let the cards fall as they will. It's not all about this season.

Yeah, so much for that 6 pt thing. Leafs lost to the Rangers tonight. Now in danger of being overtaken by the Bruins.

Reactions: Victorius

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Wow that is awful. Especially the Andrew Shaw comment since he was probably the best forward of the game.
I don't know how you can enjoy the game of hockey if you can't think rationally like the person who wrote this article. Must get old when you can't analyze the game from the other team point of view.

That or he's just 12.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
If leafs fans weren't delusional, they'd be scared shitless about getting bounced by Boston OR us in Rd1, because it's clearly a very real possibility.

If Habs fans weren't delusional, they would recognize how many great saves Price made (and how few Anderson was forced to make), many at important moments, how good our PK was, how fast we were even without Byron, and how clearly we will be able to succeed in the playoffs. I don't think KK had that great of a game, and that's rare. And, of course, the PP. Domi turned the puck over more than I've ever seen. That won't happen often.

Thankfully, the latter group is temporarily annoyed, while the former is writing idiotic bragpieces about how they barely got away from a perceived bottom feeder. Their collective mental state is ready to be shattered. Let them have a false sense of confidence.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
We've played the Leafs twice and outplayed them both times. There's no 3 on 3 OT in the playoffs.

Ultimately, a weakish goal from Price (Nylander's), our 4th line and lack of PP execution cost us the game. But let Leafs fans/media think that a series against us would be a cake walk. I'd love to go in as the clear underdogs and make some noise against them.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don't see what everyone is pissing on about. We got a point, shut down all three 'legends' in the first 3 periods. Price was 'meh' , rest of the team was good for the most part. I don't know what it will take to get the usual suspects to stop taking stupid penalties.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Muller has to go or be relegated to towel/water boy. I have been biting my tongue on this for a long time. Kirk is a warrior and a nice guy but he is not a systems guy. Sad to say I know many retired hockey players who only understand the game in it's very simplest form. Often their teachings are obsolete or bordering on being asinine. They will often try to imitate newer ideas in a desperate measure to stay afloat. The problem is they don't understand the reasoning for these sytems and completely misinterpret them. The idiotic neutral zone bump back while on a 4 on 3 was a great exampleof this. There is an effective way to do this but that was not the time. All they had to do was send both wingers wide to their respective boards. If the defending team covers them you have a wide open 2 on 1 in the middle. The more likely scenario is the D stay inside the dots which allows for an easy entry for the wings and a half wall set up. The key to this is that the trailer on the rush is the puck carrier. He will have the angle to threaten every passing lane simutaneously.

Sorry if I sound *****ey, I just can't watch and tolerate such gross incompetence any longer.
I don't know if it's right to blame Muller or not. What I do know though is it's not working and it's probably time for a change.

HabsFather

Twitter: @HabsFather
Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
Danault can't back check properly all he had to do was lift Tavares stick or tie it up. Simple simple simple play yet he didnt know what to do on that play poor hockey iq.

This was embarrassing. We will get better but we need centres with good iq. Id rather see Kk out there at least the experience won't be wasted.

Next season we will have KK, Domi, Poeling, Suzuki as our centres. Danault needs to go hes a jobberonni!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->