Les Plaines D'Abraham
Thanks for being a Hab for nearly 3 seasons, Joel Edmundson
Thanks for being a Hab for nearly 3 seasons, Jake Allen

Best of luck in your future endeavors

ricky-bobby.gif

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have watched two games with Gurianov as a Hab and I am trying to figure out why he didn't pan out in Dallas.
Size, skating, shot. Seems to have a clue defensively and he has a first rounder pedigree.
I hope it continues because we need a John LeClair type of trade win!

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Russian hockey culture tends to be more forgiving of off-hand wingers and shooting in stride is often encouraged because it is an effective and deceptive shot.
Then he should play both wings....he could replace Hoffman on his own line!

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
Morning gents, apparently Barron left in the 1st and never returned, anybody saw what happened? Nothing too serious I hope....

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When was the last time we had a player who could shoot like that coming down the wing? Caufield is the only one I can think of over the past 10 years. Kovalev comes to mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I have watched two games with Gurianov as a Hab and I am trying to figure out why he didn't pan out in Dallas.
Size, skating, shot. Seems to have a clue defensively and he has a first rounder pedigree.
I hope it continues because we need a John LeClair type of trade win!

I'm guessing his game doesn't lend itself to teams style that don't let him roam free 9nnthe wing. If he's constantly stopping and starting, he can't gather speed. Also, I heard Dallas plays a dump and chase style. Whereas he likes to carry the puck in and attack off the counter attack, which I see us doing.

He may have some deficiencies like not being good on the cycle, because he's so lanky. I haven't seen enough yet to know.

Reactions: Tyson

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
How did Edmundson look last night?

The game was on too late for this Maritimer on a weeknight.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Russian hockey culture tends to be more forgiving of off-hand wingers and shooting in stride is often encouraged because it is an effective and deceptive shot.
When I was young(er) we just called it shooting off the wrong foot and it was a Canadian thing. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad