Post-Game Talk: Habs lose game #2 to Calgary but will win on Monday

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I think playing the rocket squad instead of Habs could actually lead to some wins...#freeBouchard

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
5-2 after 60 minutes, we got them right where we want them. We tired them down in the last 2 games just to win it on Monday.
giphy.gif

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
So many things here, we would have been better of going allen back to back and caufield in.

hilarious that evans struggles to get a spot on this team. He’s usually one of our better players. Not super offensive but bottom lines job is to keep momentum going for the better players he does that well.

Weber must be running the show. You can tell no one wants to pass to him or whoever else on the point for a one T. It’s an absolute joke.

kk needs to be better

Suzuki good game for a change with more speed

dinasours on d are killing us

Send caufield back to Laval for the year can’t risk hurting him to try and save this team. fire Bergevin and blow it up. Everyone but caufield, kk Suzuki romanov evans. Weber and price if they leave and we get lucky but whatever can’t bank on it, would get some value for a lot of guys. I’d even trade gallagher I love him to death but now is the time while he still has value

Anderson is an athletic freak power forward with elite speed. He lacks passing and vision his game has a short shelf life. But you could get something serious for him right now

let’s not do to caufield what we did to price and try and patch fix this team every year. It’s a joke

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Sure glad we didn’t draft a player who plays with emotion with that 3rd overall pick. Bucktooth CrazyLegs was a way better choice.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
With JD in the press box, I really focused on Weber tonight.
Guy cannot get the puck off his stick quick enough. He will pass it to Ben before Ben shots it up 9/10 times. I f***ing laughed so hard on the EN goal. Weber half assed chips it in, goes to anderson on the flames, and he flips it.

Normally when a team is about to enter hell like the habs (All these vets eating up money, weber price, dru-dru) you can hopefully take some solace that they did their best earlier and either went deep in the playoffs, or won cups (See the Black Hawks.) No, we have been getting worse nearly every year. The Longer MB has had influence on this team, the shittier it gets. Its that simple!

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
I just find with this team even if they make the playoffs, they aren't going to make any noise.

Atleast with those previous teams that finished 8th that upset the caps and the pens and such. You felt the team could upset someone. This team just looks like it's trying to punch a ticket just to punch it and Bergevin trying to grasp as something. I just don't see this team doing anything. It's because of inconsistency / no scoring / slow.

I honestly don't see how Bergevin comes back. Like I know he's a proud guy so he wouldn't step down such as a Gainey. But there is no way he thinks the team is headed in the right direction. Molson has to want to see some change. I know the talks of him being ok with mediocrity as the team always sells. But he's got to have had enough of not going anywhere as a franchise in awhile. If anything the team has regressed.
I know what you mean.

I remember those 2002 and 2004 teams that beat the Bruins I felt like they could pull off an upset going into the playoffs.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Pathetic. Seriously, if we’re “built for the playoffs”, these last two Calgary games are pretty much playoff must win games. And this is the best we can do? We were completely dominated two nights in a row.

Even worse, we aren’t suddenly going to flip a switch. It’s not like there is a “playoff mode” Weber or Staal will go PPG when the playoffs start. That is, if we even make the playoffs. This is the team we are. Slow, uninspired and inconsistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad