Post-Game Talk: Habs lose against the Leafs in the first period. Still not clinched.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's going to be a quick death if we make the playoffs.

I think I mentioned in the GDT's against the Leafs a while back that it seemed like we were always going to be a goal behind them. If anything that gap has widened. There was more than one game where it felt a blowout was just around the corner. I'm not sure the playoffs and everything associated with them will hold back the Leafs at least in our division. The only way I see it happening is if their goaltending has an epic meltdown.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
you're really worried Habs will not make it ?
I'm not worried at all, if they make it, great, if they don't, not gonna cry. The team is mediocre, they should be pressed to clinch sooner rather than later.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
:wave:

What are you guys talking about. Why do those 3 guys suddenly walk on water when it comes to the post season. Price won't be rested enough, it wasn't 3 months. Weber isn't spelled E L L E R or even S U B B A N and gally doesn't step up in the post season. He had one good playoff run almost a decade ago that he got 11 points in 17 games. Since then he is below .400 in the playoff. 5 points in 12, 3 points in 6 and 4 points in 9. Its below his regular season stats. :teach:
Price last 25GP in playoffs sv pct .933 best in the NHL for any goalie w more than 15GP (incl .935 over last 16GP).

Until proven otherwise he’s still elite and difference maker in the playoffs

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
I think I mentioned in the GDT's against the Leafs a while back that it seemed like we were always going to be a goal behind them. If anything that gap has widened. There was more than one game where it felt a blowout was just around the corner. I'm not sure the playoffs and everything associated with them will hold back the Leafs at least in our division. The only way I see it happening is if their goaltending has an epic meltdown.

Only way I see it happening for us is Price goes to god mode and Gallagher is just lights out and pull a Parise type performance. Need our ''good'' players to just be solid like Weber, Danault. What are the odds of that happening, IDK, but it's the only way IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc McKenna

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Only way I see it happening for us is Price goes to god mode and Gallagher is just lights out and pull a Parise type performance. Need are ''good'' players to just be solid like Weber, Danault. What are the odds of that happening, IDK, but it's the only way IMO.

The game 5 against Philly was a perfect example of how Gallagher can be a difference maker. I know it's cliché to say that somebody willed the team to victory, but there was nobody on the ice for either team that game who was as determined as Gallagher to win it.

Unfortunately, that happened to be the game where niskanen broke his jaw with his stick, but that game was basically a snapshot of what Gallagher can bring to a series.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
The game 5 against Philly was a perfect example of how Gallagher can be a difference maker. I know it's cliché to say that somebody willed the team to victory, but there was nobody on the ice for either team that game who was as determined as Gallagher to win it.

Unfortunately, that happened to be the game where niskanen broke his jaw with his stick, but that game was basically a snapshot of what Gallagher can bring to a series.

100% agree. We need him. Hope he's ready to go.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Yeah because people kept saying how bad he was for four games despite playing with Tatar who is a complete no show in the playoffs every year, and Danault who provided zero offensive support. Gally took the criticism to heart and was an absolute beast.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah because people kept saying how bad he was for four games despite playing with Tatar who is a complete no show in the playoffs every year, and Danault who provided zero offensive support. Gally took the criticism to heart and was an absolute beast.

From what I recall, Gallagher was playing through an injury to begin with, but you couldn't tell anything was wrong during the elimination game.

I don't even think he was aware just how badly he got hurt after the cross check to the face either, because he didn't leave the game immediately from what I recall. He was just playing like someone possessed.

Reactions: le_sean

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
From what I recall, Gallagher was playing through an injury to begin with, but you couldn't tell anything was wrong during the elimination game.

I don't even think he was aware just how badly he got hurt after the cross check to the face either, because he didn't leave the game immediately from what I recall. He was just playing like someone possessed.

Which is why Gallagher is worth every damn cent of his contract...the kid's got a heart the size of Puljujarvi's head...

Reactions: salbutera

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Imagine the thought process that went into someone digging that stuff up.

I mean, it is somewhat interesting. At one point in time, it was probably almost as unbelievable to think about the habs with no Quebec player as the leafs with no ontario guy

But it shouldn't be turned into some political topic. It has long been known that the Quebec pool of players isn't as great as it used to be. People who want to critique the habs about the lack of Quebec born players should take a step back and look at the big picture to see what is really going on.

This is primarily a problem with the hockey program/barriers in Quebec itself, and it shouldn't be deflected towards the Montreal Canadiens.

We are not living in the territorial rights era anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad