Post-Game Talk: Habs lose against the Leafs in the first period. Still not clinched.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He's not wrong though. If you did not fire MB in the past why would you fire him now? How would you justify it?

I personally would have fired MB couple of seasons ago and would fire him today if i had the chance. But if i put myself in the mindset of someone who did not fire him for his past mistakes how would i justify firing him now? Would not make any sense. He's not fired. Molson believes in him and he'll keep believing until someone force his hands.

I think it's justifiable in a big picture approach. He's had about 9 years, which includes a retooling opportunity within it.

This year, he got the green light to spend to the cap, and the results so far are less than impressive.

I read somewhere here that his contract is expiring although I'm not sure if thats true. But if it is, all the more reason to seriously evaluate a potential change at the GM position.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think it's justifiable in a big picture approach. He's had about 9 years, which includes a retooling opportunity within it.

This year, he got the green light to spend to the cap, and the results so far are less than impressive.

I read somewhere here that his contract is expiring although I'm not sure if thats true. But if it is, all the more reason to seriously evaluate a potential change at the GM position.

Molson isn't particularly astute.. LeBrun pushes the bullshit narrative that they will ultimately feed to us

Price, Weber, Drouin, Byron and Gallagher were hurt (nevermind this didn't happen until later this year and also, when AREN'T they?)

The schedule was too tough after we got caught with Covid.

Nevermind the fact they are playing in a joke division.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Will they win another game this season (including Playoffs ) ?
When's the last time habs fans were pissed that their team made the playoffs?it seems like we find new reasons to hate this team every year,and deservedly so! :dunno:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yea but he struggled big time defensively. Looked lost on Marners goal and was pretty soft on Galchenyuk's goal.

I can't blame him for Galchenyuk's goal. His job is to simultaneously cover his point and help out in the slot. He cam down to put pressure on Halchenyuk. Galchenyuk took a backhander from the top of the slot, not exactly the worst shot for defenders to give up.

That's either an incredible shot by Galchenyuk or a muffin by Primeau. Take your pick.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I can't blame him for Galchenyuk's goal. His job is to simultaneously cover his point and help out in the slot. He cam down to put pressure on Halchenyuk. Galchenyuk took a backhander from the top of the slot, not exactly the worst shot for defenders to give up.

That's either an incredible shot by Galchenyuk or a muffin by Primeau. Take your pick.

...Primeau handed out a couple in the 1st...

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

...Primeau handed out a couple in the 1st...

Let's face it though, Primeau has a lot of promise but he should still be in the AHL. I think if this was a normal season, Lindgren would be in Montreal backing up Allen right now but with almost no games for Laval in the last month, they figured might as well have Primeau in the NHL.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Let's face it though, Primeau has a lot of promise but he should still be in the AHL. I think if this was a normal season, Lindgren would be in Montreal backing up Allen right now but with almost no games for Laval in the last month, they figured might as well have Primeau in the NHL.

I totally agree and having Primeau face the Laffs instead of the Sens Wednesday was idiotic...Dum Dom just doesn't seem to have a f*ckin' clue how to handle our young prospects...hopefully next year the whole damn coaching staff is out, as well as our inept moron of a GM...new blood and a new philosophy has been needed around these parts for years now and it's about damn time it happened...

Reactions: Walrus26

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Molson isn't particularly astute.. LeBrun pushes the bullshit narrative that they will ultimately feed to us

Price, Weber, Drouin, Byron and Gallagher were hurt (nevermind this didn't happen until later this year and also, when AREN'T they?)

Pierre Levrun annoys me like I can't explain............an absolute shill for da GM. The guy has spent so much time up MB and Molson's a$$'s that his head is now smaller than his neck.............no kidding just take a closer look next time.
It's embarassing to see his condasending look into the camera, like he is the almighty know it ALL, of doze Montreal Canadiens!!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pretty much and Vancouver not taking the step forward lots of people were predicting they would.

I was one who clearly said not a chance in hell. I’m not sure why anyone would think they gave a shit after COVID. Add in that ridiculous schedule and even the comments from some of their players and how could they possibly put together the type of run needed to make the playoffs.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

I mean Molson can't be that dumb right?
Drouin is not even injured
Price was injured after the 2 huge slump we had and was playing back then.
Weber was injured only in the last western trip of the season
Gallagher missedd like 36games and was there for the 2 slumps before he got injured.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
After the 2 complete no shows against the Sens and Leafs this Habs team should feel embarrassed and want to come out tomorrow night looking to take someone's head off but I'm expecting more of the same as the 2 previous games.

Just show some pride and come out competing very hard tomorrow night and show the Leafs that you won't just roll over and die when that playoff series starts and they'll have to play at their best to win the series.

Losing while competing hard I don't mind.. Losing while not competing and looking like you just gave up is unacceptable.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I was one who clearly said not a chance in hell. I’m not sure why anyone would think they gave a shit after COVID. Add in that ridiculous schedule and even the comments from some of their players and how could they possibly put together the type of run needed to make the playoffs.
I meant from the start of the season. They did surprise in the post season last season and a lot of "experts" saw them maybe being in the top 3 in the division

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I mean Molson can't be that dumb right?
Drouin is not even injured
Price was injured after the 2 huge slump we had and was playing back then.
Weber was injured only in the last western trip of the season
Gallagher missedd like 36games and was there for the 2 slumps before he got injured.

He bought the injury excuse before.. he'll do it again.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I do think the schedule after the covid restart is absolute madness, and I don't think it gets talked about enough.

On the flip side though, this team was branded to have depth, which theoretically should have prepared them to a certain extent to handle this blitz a bit better, but they didn't.

Also, this is just looking at one year whereas I'm looking at the entire nine year tenure, which is the better way to make a thorough evaluation.

Now, whether Molson feels the need to do it, I don't know. It depends whether the business side or the fan side of him motivates him more. Business will be good either way, but he does have enough to justify a change in GM if he wants to, regardless of what he thinks of this year on its own.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I do think the schedule after the covid restart is absolute madness, and I don't think it gets talked about enough.

They weren’t playing particularly well before Covid shut them down though. In the 21 games before that break they were 7-7-7. In the 22 games since the break they are 10-12.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They weren’t playing particularly well before Covid shut them down though. In the 21 games before that break they were 7-7-7. In the 22 games since the break they are 10-12.

It's hard to say how relevant that is. It's entirely possible that they continued like that though.

All I know is that the post covid blitz of a schedule was inevitably going to produce tired legs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->