Post-Game Talk: Habs lose again to Tampa late! Perry we miss you!

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
14 should play a lot. Not 92, unless you showcase him. But Poehling played good. I don’t know why.
And was Romanov injured? Dzone faceoff in OT, don’t put Kulak. You have ONE legit Dguy on the left. And it ain’t 77.
Yes!
I had no problem with starting Clague in OT, but the defensive face off, Romanov should have been there. He doesn’t get run over!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Drouin playing in the closing minutes of the third. Kulak in OT. Dom, can you explain your player deployment?

p2JzT3P.gif
I was a big supporter of this coach early on but no more...he is perhaps the least ready and qualified head coach in the league. He needs to go

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
People going at Suzuki's ice time are way off base. He's our best forward. He should be playing the most.

Belzile and Paquette playing more than Poehling is an issue. Drouin playing 20 minutes is an issue.
Drouin played 20min? Except his wide open net miss in early 1st period and his stupid play late in the third period , i did not hear his name 1 god damn time.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
In the calendar year at some point we went 7 games without trailing. Unbelievable. Where has our great God gone I ask?

Yeah, I mean we won 3 straight vs Toronto to come back from 3-1 down in that series, then swept Jets. That's 7 straight right there. Pretty sure even during the season we had at least a 3 game winning streak. We got off to a good start.

This season has been bad from the start with lots of weird stuff happening.

Reactions: dinodebino

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
The kids deserved something for their effort.
They deserved something offensively but defensively they did not deserve anything.
Don't want to bring it but the first 2 habs goals are just blind plays in front of the net that luckily got between lagacé and the post 1 time into an empty net and another blind pass into someone in front of the net.

Not really alot of creativity , it's the same over and over. Put the back in front of the net and pray for the best and tonight it happened twice.
Meanwhile we have Tampa Bay hitting 6 posts and missing 2 breakaways. The effort was there offensively but we are lucky to even have a point.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
14 should play a lot. Not 92, unless you showcase him. But Poehling played good. I don’t know why.
And was Romanov injured? Dzone faceoff in OT, don’t put Kulak. You have ONE legit Dguy on the left. And it ain’t 77.
They were on the same line so 92 played a lot by default...

When it comes to Romanov I'm starting to think they're actually limiting him because he's up for a new contract. I know that sounds crazy but it's a pretty smart thing to do in a cap era.

If you could sign him to a somewhat long-term deal after this season there's no reason to give him extra ammunition for his contract negotiations.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I was a big supporter of this coach early on but no more...he is perhaps the least ready and qualified head coach in the league. He needs to go

For the record I wasn't and even though the Habs miraculously made it to the finals last season nothing as changed my mind about Dom as an NHL calibre coach. The guy is in way over his head and has been since day 1 IMO.

Reactions: Paddy17 and Tyson

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He should be playing 20 minutes max. No use running him down for nothing.
If he says he can't take it then sure but if he's able to handle those minutes there's no reason he should play less.

We're icing an AHL team out there...

Reactions: CHfan1

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

When it comes to Romanov I'm starting to think they're actually limiting him because he's up for a new contract. I know that sounds crazy but it's a pretty smart thing to do in a cap era.

If you could sign him to a somewhat long-term deal after this season there's no reason to give him extra ammunition for his contract negotiations.
Yeah, it’s a pertinent point. Could be that.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017

Romanov have been being better defensively and more physical but cmon man they dont play the kid less to give less money that's ridic.
He's been the best dman by far in our team in the last month of hockey.

He deserves more time and powerplay time also , he can pass the puck.
He's like 1 ray of light into this dark season. He's improving something we don't see often with prospect in Montreal nowdays.

Reactions: Rapala and Tyson

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Yeah, I mean we won 3 straight vs Toronto to come back from 3-1 down in that series, then swept Jets. That's 7 straight right there. Pretty sure even during the season we had at least a 3 game winning streak. We got off to a good start.

This season has been bad from the start with lots of weird stuff happening.
The weird stuff is the devil testing us.

Ye of little faith jump ship to a tank set to sink in the vast ocean, whereas we of supreme faith stay humble and realize we are the ones causing God the anguish of having to punish his chosen children.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->