Post-Game Talk: Habs lose again in OT!

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
They should just blow it up, trade Danault, Armia, Lek, Byron, Weal, some impending RFAs and Tatar for anything (getting those extra picks to land better players later is a strategy that BargainBin used to his advantage last year). From the group, I would keep Tatar on a friendly deal. He is struggling this year and doesn't have a stellar playoff record, but he can come in handy.

I would expose Weber for the expansion draft. At 35, he ain't getting better and his 7 mil dollar caphit can be invested for better use.

In the offseason, I would go about acquiring a legitimate number one C and top 4 LD. The team is also missing RDs. They put lots of faith in Suzuki and KK, however both cracked under pressure. Danault's sulking or whatever you want to call it, sunk the team.

I would also entertain the idea of cutting ties with Price. Use him as tradebait to acquire a legitimate C or top 4 LD.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Bit it absolutely does. Not the format per say but winning it gives you 2 pts. Losing it, 1. Were up to 9 lost points now. That sort of thing has a massive influence for the playoffs; as in making them. To say it doesnt matter is to bury your head in the sand.

One thing thats been kind of overlooked is that this year, the habs can actually score the tying goal after pulling the goalie. Previously, that used to spell certain doom.

I was responding to the thought that "if you lose 3v3 constantly you won't make it far in playoffs". 3vs3 has no impact in playoffs - if you make it, being good or bad at 3v3 isn't really a factor.

Clearly it impacts making playoffs though. If instead of being 0-9 we were simply.....5-4, or even 4-5 in OT, we'd probably be #1 in division

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
All these other teams racking up points in OT and SO. We just need to make the playoffs and then we have the clear advantage. This stupid gimmick of 3v3 is not part of the playoffs and we're a great 5v5 team. Our special teams are not the best but refs tend to put away their whistle during playoffs.

I'm mostly happy we find ways to get that point when we're down in the 3rd.

We're fine guys.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
If you are not willing to learn from your mistake it makes you an idiot.

Montreal-Canadiens-general-manager-Marc-Bergevin-pauses-as-he-comments-on-the-team-s-coaching-change.jpg

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The lack of fight they exhibit at times makes me wonder how they will respond should/if they drop out of 4th place.
That's a puzzling post because they've fought back and scored in the last minute of both games, exhibiting a lot of fight. Now if you mean the beginning of the games when they fall behind?.....
Now overall This team has a ton of guys who are SOFT and take 35 foot wrist shots after 6 pirouettes. I cant stand the make up of the team. Too many Armia's and not enough Perry's.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That's a puzzling post because they've fought back and scored in the last minute of both games, exhibiting a lot of fight. Now if you mean the beginning of the games when they fall behind?.....
Now overall This team has a ton of guys who are SOFT and take 35 foot wrist shots after 6 pirouettes. I cant stand the make up of the team. Too many Armia's and not enough Perry's.
You said it !

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Yes. The season we lost one player to injury and went from first to worst.

Thats called depth in Bergevins world.

Shows you how much Price was valuable to this team (and why he got that contract) and how much not having a good 2nd costs us

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
All these other teams racking up points in OT and SO. We just need to make the playoffs and then we have the clear advantage. This stupid gimmick of 3v3 is not part of the playoffs and we're a great 5v5 team. Our special teams are not the best but refs tend to put away their whistle during playoffs.

I'm mostly happy we find ways to get that point when we're down in the 3rd.

We're fine guys.
As a tradition the Canadiens finish seasons terribly.
It ain't looking good.
They likely finish 5th if not 6th.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I wish to be clear here. I do think this is a playoff club. They should be playing better.

But please don’t gaslight me and tell me this team is playing well right now. They’ve looked like absolute trash for two months. If they make the playoffs playing like they currently are they will get trashed.

No stat manipulation will convince me that the product on the ice is playing well.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I actually like what ducharme is doing with the forward lines. Top 3 lines play fairly evenly and 4th line barely plays. I like the lines. Perry could replace Armia permanently on the 3rd.

If Armia always played as hard as he does on the PK, he'd be much more valuable.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
On one hand I respect Dom for not listening to fans and keep trying his OT strategy.
On the other hand, I think he’s a raving lunatic. What other team in the league starts the guy who didn’t score for a year and the waiver neglected 4th liner to start the frame?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad