Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 5- 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Let's also keep in mind how well we played without Domi Hudon Armia and having Benn dressed. Very happy with the team play tonight, the confidence, and the obvious signs that the new coaches are miles better than JJD and co.

Reactions: KKWG11

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kotka is a beauty to which. He's got that graceful allure, reminds me a little of Jean Béliveau.

So much deception in his play, always buying that extra second before committing to a play. It's both a science and an art, you can't help but watch him whenever he's on the ice. Haven't seen a player like this in years on the Habs.

His patience with the puck reminds me a bit of Super Mario. Kotkaniemi can't touch Lemieux in terms of talent. But what I see him do similarly is that it's not about speed. He brings the game down to his pace and he waits out his opponent to make the first move and he just takes the open play the opponent gives him.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Can't see the team winning many games against good teams.

This is a skill driven league we're devoid of high end skill.

Our most talented, Drouin, lacks the brain to go with it.

Our two "best" players are a goalie and likely the least "skilled" amongst the top defensemen.

We're in a worst position than we were at center and still have an awful defense, with close to no skill or offense coming from the backend.

As a pro-tank, I'm fine with it. Bergevin just needs to go this year. And Churla replaced with someone who can bring another POV to the scouting staff, especially for forwards.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
You guys looked great. Fast and young.

Thanks but at the same time its easy to see that MTL don't have what it takes to beat Toronto, they have too much firepower up front, its just crazy!!

Marner is really amazing.

Reactions: Fenris

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Team will look much better when we have Domi, Hudon and Armia in the lineup instead Shampoo, Agostino and Scherbak. Kotkaniemi looks NHL ready to me, i just don't know if he can play a full 82 game schedule.

Habs should put a package together for a LD (something like Scherbak + Shaw + pick). Benn needs to be jettisoned outta town.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Habs played well. 2 minutes of Petry stupidity made the difference.

However, I expect a lot of games to end like this. Habs play well, but still lose. Our pp isn't all that good. Our p.k. is probably average to below average.

We're an ok team with more speed than last year, but results should be similar.

Kotka is exciting to watch. Mete and Juulsen are 2 young players we can build around on D. Reilly is looking good.

It'll be interesting to see what they decide to do with Kotka. The kid has earned at least a few regular season games.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Habs played well. 2 minutes of Petry stupidity made the difference.

However, I expect a lot of games to end like this. Habs play well, but still lose. Our pp isn't all that good. Our p.k. is probably average to below average.

We're an ok team with more speed than last year, but results should be similar.

Kotka is exciting to watch. Mete and Juulsen are 2 young players we can build around on D. Reilly is looking good.

It'll be interesting to see what they decide to do with Kotka. The kid has earned at least a few regular season games.

You mean 20 secondes? He was pathetic on both goals....

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Kotkaniemi looked really good again. Cant see him going back without a few regular season games at least. Very excited about this kid.

You guys were the better team tonight. Special teams got us through. Kotkaniemi is the real deal. I don't think you guys have as much to worry about as your critics digest.

You guys looked great. Fast and young.

Thanks boys :cheers:

Reactions: Belial

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Don't care about the score the boys did great! Leafs couldn't do **** at even strength. Fun game!
Lol
Special teams are needed to win. Your post makes zero sense
We
Allowed 5 goals but not one 5vs 5.
That’s a bad sign. Really bad sign

Reactions: Rapala

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Seems like he will get his 9 game trial. I would rather have him go to Finland and put on some weight for next year.

I'm not here to argue but just want to point out, I believe every high draft pick the Leafs have had since rushing Schenn, we allowed to marinate in other leagues. Besides Matthews clearly. It never hurt any of them, whereas there is countless examples of players being rushed into the NHL and not reaching their potential. I'm sure Montreal will do the right thing.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I've got this feeling that Habs management want Kotka as far as possible from his dad. Not that his dad is not a good influence. I don't know the man. But I'm thinking they are paranoid after the Chucky episode.

If it was me, I'd let him taste the start of the regular season, and then return him to Finland. Next season will be his first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad