Habs lose 4-3... ugly

Analyzer*

This game brings the habs back down to Earth. Give up a lead and let Thomas ****ing Hickey score on you.

After the first half this whole team sucked.

NewHabsEra*

Gio and Markov sucked.. the first half of the game was ours, the second theirs.

shawnt*

What blows me away is not how bad Gionta is but how MT doesn't see it. You don't reward players who can't shoot or pass with even more PP and OT shifts. It just defies logic.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Honestly... It had the feel of a lost all game long. I was on my nerve all game even if we had a good lead at some point.

Happy we still got a point out of this.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
As long as this coaching staff thinks Diaz is a better D than Subban, this will keep happening.

Yep. And I fear they won't realize it until...2014 or something. The only good and consistent part of the D last year was Gorges-Subban and they performed at a legit 1st pairing level.

Breaking them up made no sense and continues to make no sense. They should be the heavy lifting pairing. How can they not see this? Markov could barely skate most of the night.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
I'm really starting to hate the Gorges-Diaz defensive duo. It's a ***ing adventure every time they're on the ice. Put Gorges back with Subban already MT. I think we've seen enough of this experiment...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I blame this loss on MT.. Refuses to change things up with his struggling PP and barely playing his best dman on the PK.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Trap game.

I ****ing called it and I got called a bad fan for calling it. Swap Subban and Diaz and fast.

You weren't the only one. Man, it just sucks cause this team STILL sits on leads and lets the other team dictate the pace. They aren't going to be going anywhere until they learn to keep the foot on the gas.

And while I don't blame him for the loss, Price HAS to play better.

Whelp, this kind of loss demands line-up/pairing changes. Come on MT, fix this.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'll repeat what I said in the GDT, if Price is to be considered a top 5 goalie in the league (he certainly is paid like one), these are the type of games he has to win for us. I don't think he was that busy tonight.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Did you guys expect this winning streak to keep going forever? It had to end. We're a team that still have a long way to go, and tonight is another proof.

Markov was not good. Diaz was putrid. And Price was not "Price".

And between you guys and I, if it wasn't about Kaberle, I would consider buying Gionta out this summer. That's how bad and useless he's looking.

Truth be said, we lost that game on special units. We dominated 32-23 after 3 in shots on goal, and we had 2 late PP opportunities that we ended up blowing up.

That was a stinker that had to happen at some point. Good news is we got 1 point out of it.

But yeah. Too many players looked like passengers out there.

Oddly, the Patches - Desharnais - Cole line probably player their best game thus far this season.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Gionta played way too many minutes for sure, he was dreadfull out there. Worst player of the team by a fair margin. With his hockey IQ, he should never be on the ice for a 4 on 3 power-play.

Jmac1160*

I put 50 bucks on the Miami heat to win along with the New Jersey Devils. Oh yeah and I picked Montreal...Im so ****ing pissed off right now. The islanders? really? Winning 3-1 against the Islanders and you lose? What a JOKE. Oh and thanks for the sweet back check there Bourque on the goal that tied the game. Yea you have been great all year buy way to go buddy..there goes 500 bucks

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm really starting to hate the Gorges-Diaz defensive duo. It's a ***ing adventure every time they're on the ice. Put Gorges back with Subban already MT. I think we've seen enough of this experiment...

I have no idea why Gorges is not playing with Subban yet. Gorges and Diaz scare me, they make some great plays, but they make some equally brutal ones.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Before the game started I wouldn't have been surprised by a loss. Typical trap game.

After seeing the first period I'm so pissed!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad