Habs lose 4-1 to walrus co.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
fire therrien. so sick of this loser. therrien is the definition of a loser.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This team is simply worse with Parros and Murray on it. It's easy to see.

Also, Prust is quite valuable to this team. He has been missed dearly.

And, Emelin. This team hasn't been the same since Emelin went down. He enters the line-up it moves everyone down a notch on D. We end up having to split playing time between Murray and Cube rather than playing them together too.

Cube has been making some really bad errors lately. He's been in this league how long? And, he still doesn't know to get that *** puck deep?

It didn't lose us the game, but....:shakehead

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
You're correct, except Subban was covering the shooter, but too close to block a shot. Did you not notice the other two Habs lined up directly behind him, covering no one?

That's the problem with this year's team compared to last year's.

We have too many players on the ice watching plays.

I am actually going to blame Andy, the poster, for that.

The Habs started the season with the aggressive style of defense that we played last season. Always trying to put two men on the player with the puck to force turnovers....the same thing that Boston does every game.

But Andy started complaining about the aggressive D and I'll be damned, Therrien called off the aggressiveness and installed the Jacques Martin D.

If they keep this up with the passive sagging and players watching goals being scored, at least charge those players admission to the game.;)

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
All of those teams are playing better than us right now.

The Jackets have lost their last 5 games, the Islanders are "only" on a 2 game losing streak but when where they looked atrocious and seem to only get motivated against top tier teams.

So..no.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Identify core, fire Therrien, start trading any and everything veteran......get some good draft picks and stop being a middling team with a few good pieces, but no offensive superstars.

and then fire Therrien, again for good measure.

Yes agree on all points.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Face it. Till this team gets bigger we can't compete with ott, figs, bos,
Just not strong enough Bgally is gold but why he has to carry the team is tough

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I thought you were leaving us for the night?
Had to check the fallout of a 4-1 loss :laugh:

And I got bored (I have to finish it before 3pm tomorrow, it's going to get done one way or another) and started watched Portuguese lessons on youtube. Yeah...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Did you guys just look at the score, or watch the game? The Sens took advantage of those 2 horrendous brainfarts, the team played well other than that. Sometimes you get away with mistakes, sometimes you don't.

I thought the played decently for the most part. As usual, I still hate Therrien, and feel they should have gotten a tie out of this.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That's the problem with this year's team compared to last year's.

We have too many players on the ice watching plays.

They aren't watching players, they're being told to block, block and block shots. It's pretty evident they're asking their players to do that, so when you're told to do that, you stop being as aggressive because you're no longer thinking of rushing the shooter, you're thinking of positioning yourself in the lane and blocking the shot. That's why you see Moen rush to get into his lane where PK already is in order to try to block the shot instead of rushing the shooter that lead to the third goal.
We are leading the NHL in block shots, by 50!

So ya, maybe you should look at the coach for that.

Overall I thought we played well though. Sens got some luck, and amazing goaltending.

Mynameismark*

The 4th line would be fine if used effectively. They arent the reason we are losing. The reason we are losing is the fact our supposed scorers just cant score goals.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I knew there was something missing to MiG's otherwise spectacular GDT extravaganza:

BYhBZfhCEAAxF78.jpg

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Did you guys just look at the score, or watch the game? The Sens took advantage of those 2 horrendous brainfarts, the team played well other than that. Sometimes you get away with mistakes, sometimes you don't.

I thought the played decently for the most part. As usual, I still hate Therrien, and feel they should have gotten a tie out of this.

When the team is not scoring, players will get caught trying to do too much.

Absolutely no finish right now. And we really need to get Eller and Galchenyuk going.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I almost feel bad for Therrien just for the simple fact that he's such a bad coach. You get your dream job for the second time and are simply just not good enough and make yourself look like a moron, gotta feel for the guy a little.

However, that being said get him the **** outta here, we fans have suffered enough with this mediocrity. We want a real competing team and something to cheer about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->