Habs lose 4-1 to walrus co.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So I need to a family member or doctor to assess that Robinson didn't have a nervous breakdown but you and Kriss E can read a Wikipedia page and tell me that he did. um. k

I guess that's why we have Bell "Let's Talk" days because of the lack of understanding.

Not that it really matters what you want to call it. He stepped down because of the level of stress he was under. I'm sure there were plenty of things in his life that contributed to it. If you insist on not calling it a breakdown, hey, it's all good, I really couldn't care less. Not going to get into a debate over that..
I'll ask my girlfriend who's a doctor to clarify it for me so I know in the future, you may be right, I have no idea. I just always figured people needing to leave work due to stress levels are having nervous breakdowns (which isn't even a medical term).
But sometimes you just need a break, doesn't mean you're actually having a breakdown.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
The system has no designed break-out, so it's definitely a lot better than the rest of the D, that eats the puck on the boards, gets caught out of position and skates away from Price as he fishes it out of his net.

Without an effective system to move the puck out of our zone is a huge problem and a glaring flaw of Therrien.

Regarding the pitchfork, I guess it does have one advantage. We turn the puck over out of our zone as opposed in our zone. But it is a loss of puck possession either way.

Not acceptable and a momentum killer as well as a shift killer.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
The system has no designed break-out, so it's definitely a lot better than the rest of the D, that eats the puck on the boards, gets caught out of position and skates away from Price as he fishes it out of his net.

You gotta make do with what you have though. Gorges, Bouillon and Murray aren't good for more than that and chipping it off the boards.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
All I can say is that it was utterly cute and inspirational to see Markov playing with Murray during the penalty kill while Subban, that disgustingly awful defencemen sat watching. Love it...

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
All I can say is that it was utterly cute and inspirational to see Markov playing with Murray during the penalty kill while Subban, that disgustingly awful defencemen sat watching. Love it...

And Ottawa did not score a PP goal.

And Subban played 27 minutes last night.

And we still lost.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
820314006.gif

You know Bergy isn't happy

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
COACHING STAFF
Patrick Roy - Head Coach/Vice President of Hockey Operations

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
About the fourth line, more and more I think coaching is an artform and you have to be intelligent enough to know when to play certain guys. It's not been the case with Therrien with Parros for example. When the Habs hired Parros, I was skeptical cause he was useless in Florida and even his last years with Anaheim he was Laraque-level of pointlessness. But when was first touched the ice with the Habs, I realised what he brought, esp. at home, he made us bigger and more intimidating. The match in Toronto esp. before he got injured, he gave us an great edge, Toronto had problems in their zone everytime Parros, Moen and Prust were on the ice. But upon his return i've began to think Prust only works when he plays with Prust. Someone like White just doesn't have the style that's beneficial for someone like Parros. But why don't teams use 21 players during a match and can they or it has to be a 20-men limit? Parros would be ideal as a 13th forward.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Ottawa simply has a better team than us. More quality players and that helps. If we were to compare... we have similar offensive Dman and we could say we have an advantage with Price over Anderson, but we don't have a Spezza or Ryan...

Not to mention that the smallest player on their D is Karlsson at 6'00...

Gryba: 6'04
Cowen: 6'05
Wiercioch: 6'05
Methot: 6'03
Philips: 6'03
(Didn't count Corvo and Borowiecki)

Senators have a stacked team... props to them really.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Ottawa simply has a better team than us. More quality players and that helps. If we were to compare... we have similar offensive Dman and we could say we have an advantage with Price over Anderson, but we don't have a Spezza or Ryan...

Their defence looked atrocious moving the puck out of the zone last night.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Stacked?? No, would not go that far.
I actually think they are where they should be. They're not that great of a team and Alfredsson's presence was seriously underrated. They have a good top 6, but their defense isn't that great. You did hit the nail of its head though, their defense group is big, so they have a pretty easy time keeping Gionta, Plekanec, Bourque, MaxPac, DD, out of the front of the net. Bourque and MaxPac should be driving the net hard, but they just don't. Plekanec it's never been his game. Gionta is too old, he used to do what Gallagher does. Galchenyuk and Eller can still do it but they're off a bit.
So that means their goalie has a pretty easy time to stop the shots. A NHL goalie will stop 99% of the shots coming his way if there's nobody in front to hide him or deflect the puck. So it's really not surprising we only scored 1 goal and Lehner looked like a God, we made it very easy for him.

Currently, we just don't match well against Ottawa. It could be a little more even if Bourque and MaxPac crashed the net, but they're not doing it.
As a whole though, Ottawa is a PO bubble team like us.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

How do you explain how we dominated them?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->