Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-1

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

What's the point of his tweet? Make us look good because we are #2 in playoff rounds win in 20 years in a weak ass division?

bahahahahaha what a pathetic attempt to make things look better. It's even wors in reality , we struggle to beat teams that sucks and barely make it to the playoffs in normal season.

Mathias Brunet should get a new job , what a pathetic take

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Blow this shit up and rebuild properly. What we've been doing is patching holes and hoping we can win a cup during Price and Webers' so called "windows".

That said, what killed this franchise is the media and spineless ownership. Can you imagine apologizing to journalists about Muller when Julien had his health issues last year? Are you kidding me?

Until we get an owner with a backbone who realizes that language should not be a prerequisite for hiring a GM or head coach, this franchise will never, ever, win anything.

Before the people who don't agree with me have aneurysms and feel compelled to tell me that I'm wrong, ask yourselves, when interviewing the likes of KK, Suzuki, Weber, Price and 99% of the team, how is it journalists have no problems communicating with them? Would it hurt their egos to communicate the same way with management?

Sports and politics don't mix and this once proud franchise has been flushed down the toilet because of media pressure and politics.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Nothing proves that Sergachev would had been as good with the Habs as he is with TB (a Stanley Cup, well built, managed and coached team). He is darn well surrounded, and everytime he makes a pass, he has many skilled forwards to finish the job.

The problems with the Habs are way deeper than that.

Missing the obvious point as always. With the depletion of our left side on D, keeping Sergachev was far more important.

And please stop pretending you know what would happen. The actual context is a massive hole on our left side and puckmoving capabilities, two areas where Sergachev would be one of our best Ds if not the best, and without a doubt a much better left D than anyone else we have or had.

You also completely ommit the fact PMDs rare compared to wingers. Winger is most readily available position in the league. And that's where the problem lay because for the habs and their need of french players to appease fans but mostly media, this trade was equal, but it wasn't.

The outlook on that trade is now a litmus test to siff out people who don't fully grasp the value of players and have biases on external factors that shouldn't count, like the Franco factor.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
This is such a stupid take. Why do we care about our Canadian rivals? I want this team to be good. Not relatively good.

It’s poorly built, poorly managed and poorly run. The recipe for building a contender isn’t complicated (if somewhat hard to execute). Our management just insists on filling our the roster with good but not great players hoping that our random assortment of mediocre talent can outperform their level of talent to win 16 games in the playoffs.
Because Carey Price.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
What's the point of his tweet? Make us look good because we are #2 in playoff rounds win in 20 years in a weak ass division?

bahahahahaha what a pathetic attempt to make things look better. It's even wors in reality , we struggle to beat teams that sucks and barely make it to the playoffs in normal season.

Reading the replies, it honestly feels like he knows how dumb it is. He's getting dunked on and his replies are so meek. 'I'm not saying it's acceptable, I'm just saying it's wrong to call them terrible.'

:huh:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What success? This team has accomplished f*** all with Danault leading the centers.
He can be an important depth/role player for the Habs but the success of the team definitely will not run through him.

The way this team has been constructed, he does play have a key role. He's was basically counted on to be the guy who plays against the other team's best lines, while taking the important draws, and producing some offense playing primarily with guys like Tatar and Gallagher.

The other centers are mere puppies, and we knew they were going to be more volatile, so Danault was counted on for consistency.

Again, I'm not arguing that Danault has failed on almost every account in filling that role, but for the way the habs are built, the role itself is important to the success of this club.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
well that was disappointing I must say. With Sutter the Flames seem to have our number unless we successfully match their checking style and intimidation tactics. It was frustrating to see the Habs try to get out of their zone.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Reading the replies, it honestly feels like he knows how dumb it is. He's getting dunked on and his replies are so meek. 'I'm not saying it's acceptable, I'm just saying it's wrong to call them terrible.'

:huh:
Just finished reading the comments on his tweet , he even tried to justify his dumb comment

Imagine trying to show us that even between the mediocrity we are even worse

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
well that was disappointing I must say. With Sutter the Flames seem to have our number unless we successfully match their checking style and intimidation tactics. It was frustrating to see the Habs try to get out of their zone.

I don't see how it's possible for Sutter to get alot of his fingerprints on the team yet, but they will only get harder to play against when he does, which muddles the playoff picture that much more.

It was a complete reversal from the Wednesday game against Vancouver, where the habs were giving Vancouver no room, and physically punishing them all over the ice.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Last night's loss was worse to me than any of the spankings we gave to Vancouver. Habs were embarrassed. It was brutal to watch.

At this point, Berg is probably done. It's looking more and more like they won't be able to get much more from this core, and the team is handcuffed with most of these players for another half decade at least.

The only way to salvage this is a franchise shaking trade. Like I'm talking about somehow getting Crosby to Montreal or some crazy ass shit like that.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The french stuff is only 5% of making the decision for that trade. I guess Bergevin tryed other options for the center spot and he tought why not try with a winger playing center. How many centers refused to sign here and how many centers drafted by Timmins were flops?
How many players can play a position in the world's greatest league with zero experience?

How many people are even asked?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

poopstache.jpg

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Blow this shit up and rebuild properly. What we've been doing is patching holes and hoping we can win a cup during Price and Webers' so called "windows".

That said, what killed this franchise is the media and spineless ownership. Can you imagine apologizing to journalists about Muller when Julien had his health issues last year? Are you f***ing kidding me?

Until we get an owner with a backbone who realizes that language should not be a prerequisite for hiring a GM or head coach, this franchise will never, ever, win anything.

Before the people who don't agree with me have aneurysms and feel compelled to tell me that I'm wrong, ask yourselves, when interviewing the likes of KK, Suzuki, Weber, Price and 99% of the team, how is it journalists have no problems communicating with them? Would it hurt their egos to communicate the same way with management?

Sports and politics don't mix and this once proud franchise has been flushed down the toilet because of media pressure and politics.

I don't think it's simply a missing backbone. He seems intent on maintaining the brand and pandering to those who indiretly sell the game, the media, is on top of his list. It's a silent partnership, beneficial to both, but not to the fans. In essence, imo Molson is banking on all the idiots who will drink the media partner's kool-aid.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I wouldn't trade Petry. We need to keep some vets. I'd keep Edmundson too & Romanov, of course. Tatar needs to be traded for sure.
I understand but Petry's probably the only one we could anything decent for and he's in the same age bracket.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
How many players can play a position in the world's greatest league with zero experience?

How many people are even asked?
I know all that and not the one who would think centerline isn't important.
First thing is : Habs didn't draft a legit center since Koivu in 1993 and they started trying to draft a center the year they picked Galchenyuk. Way too late when they missed so many centers. That being said, the rest was desperate moves and temporary patches at center, nothing really worked and here we are in 2021. Did I missed something except excuses they randomly served us?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Nope he reset the team to be just terrible enough to be a wild card team. Not good enough for a long playoff run, not bad enough to draft.

Still stuck with no direction and he has hand cuffed any future gm with a lot of contracts while being at the cap. Only saving grace was dano+1 thought 30 million wasnt enough for his play. :laugh: Hopefully tatar and danualt go before he can make more mistakes. Should be moving them for assets.

I thought we could be a wild card team at best in our normal division. Not anymore. It looks like we will settle in to being about a 20th placed team barring any miracle moves. Like many here I get the impression these players don't really care for each other. I don't know what Bergevin thought when he overpaid Gallagher but it was obviously going to rankle his two line mates who probably felt they had a lot to do with his success. Rightly or not it's human nature and was bound to create waves on top of Danault's post season comments. Meanwhile the value of said players continues it's free fall.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You're going to get burned here for that post but looking back it made sense at the time.
You bring some arguments that makes sense but you'll get hang, covered with glue and bird feathers.
Expect the thunder, you better run, you better take cover.

Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover

That is BS. It made a bit of sense if we were signing Markov and Radulov but when we obviously weren't many of us were immediately up in arms. Try a different spin maybe?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I know all that and not the one who would think centerline isn't important.
First thing is : Habs didn't draft a legit center since Koivu in 1993 and they started trying to draft a center the year they picked Galchenyuk. Way too late when they missed so many centers. That being said, the rest was desperate moves and temporary patches at center, nothing really worked and here we are in 2021. Did I missed something except excuses they randomly served us?

Drafting and developing "legit" centers has been an issue, and I get your underlying point. It's just that I'd say plekanec was a good pick as well back in 2001 or whatever it was.

I think KK will be a good center at some point as well, but yeah, its generally been slim pickings at center for decades.

Even before koivu, there was conroy in 1990, and I guess Cassels in 1987 or so, and carbonneau earlier than that.

It would actually be a good project to see who was the last habs superstar draft pick at center. Was lemaire a superstar? Gainey was great at what he did but not a superstar. Maybe they have never drafted one.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Nothing new there. He is improvising since he is here. But Weber's and Price's play is making things look worse. MB has pushed all the panic buttons he could over the last three weeks.... and we see the results. Of course, he could try to make a couple of trades involving Tatar, Armia, Byron or ??? . But I hope he won't compromise the future by trading younger assets. Last button: his own ejectable seat button

The same Panic button that led him to throw a puck into his own net. I always said that was telling but got scoffed at.. As Usual.

Jul 6, 2016
Drafting and developing "legit" centers has been an issue, and I get your underlying point. It's just that I'd say plekanec was a good pick as well back in 2001 or whatever it was.

I think KK will be a good center at some point as well, but yeah, its generally been slim pickings at center for decades.

Even before koivu, there was conroy in 1990, and I guess Cassels in 1987 or so, and carbonneau earlier than that.

It would actually be a good project to see who was the last habs superstar draft pick at center. Was lemaire a superstar? Gainey was great at what he did but not a superstar. Maybe they have never drafted one.

You're pretty much, right. Outside Koivu and Plekanek in the last 20 some + years, I don't see any, unless KK becomes one someday.... They often traded for some centermen that were very good, and some help them win them Cups... P.Mahovlich, Larouche, Smith, Damphousse and Muller... Turgeon was a very skilled center too. We are far, far away from Béliveau and Henri Richard.......

They had numerous opportunities to draft some excellent ones over the last 20 years.... Carter or Getzlaf, Bergeron, Giroux, Aho, Point.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad