Habs lose 2-1 to Bishop's pads in OT.

freezie

cold as ice
Apr 23, 2004
Go Habs!!
Sucks for price , no point tonight without him . But he is terrible in shoot outs. What happened to our creativity ? This team has NONE . They are downright embarrassing in the shoutout.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I have no idea why Subban never gets any shootout attempts. He's the best player and has amazing hands which could prove worthy in a shootout. MT, get your head out of your ass.

Subban never gets any PK time either. Therrien is such a joke. I just don't understand how he justifies this when the team's been losing.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Why are we so bad this year?? I just don't get it. We have a "good" team and yet we get dominated every ****ing time. I guess our coaching staffs isn't as strong as i thought.
Dominated? We get dominated against teams that are in the top 5 of the league, other than that we can compete with any team outside that range...

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Next time they should just pick Moen, Murray, Gorges. It might throw the opposing goalie off seeing those three:laugh:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
he has an history of being average in shootout, im not saying he didnt play well tonight

You're just seeking for attention.. Price played one hell of a game and looks like you were jsut waiting for someone to make the PGT and blasted Price for sucking in the SO.

Seriously, Price was probably the first star of the game and the first thing that came out of your mind is saying something negative about Price??

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I don't care what MT's excuse is for not using Subban on the PK but it essentially removed his best player from the ice tonight for pretty much the last 5 minutes of the 3rd and over half of the OT.. :shakehead

Beyond stupid. :nod:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Briere and Galchenyuk don't belong on the SO.

I would have picked Bournival, Gally and Eller.

...Excuse me?

Galchenyuk is exactly the type of player you want to shoot in the shootout, especially with our sad team. Just because he tried to switch up from his classic backhand-forehand move, and missed, doesn't mean he doesn't belong in the shootout.

Gallagher on the other hand... He is a great player, he scores goals, but he isn't the skilled guy with quick hands that you want in the shootout.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Common guys. Criticizing the coach for his shootout choices is ****ing stupid. Are you there at every pratice ? Do you know who's the best shootout performer that can score under that kind of pressure ? It's a crapshoot.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Carey Price is jaw-dropping. The Habs had all the momentum by the end of the game. It's a shame the shootout exists.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I almost lost it when Pierre said the only habs to ever score against Bishop in the SO was... Desharnais! :cry:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Biggest problem in the game was the total inability of Habs players to connect passes. Tampa went tape-to-tape-to-tape from their zone through the neutral zone and into ours, which is why they controlled the play 75% of the time. Their passing was crisp and accurate. Habs gave them room and waited for a mistake, which didn't happen often enough.

Tampa's playbook seemed to be make the Habs rush their passes. It worked. Habs had no time to do anything with the puck except throw it in the general direction of a forward, or chip it weakly along the boards. Very few solid second passes, which meant plenty of incomplete plays resulting in Tampa regaining control.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I hope Galchenyuk, Briere and Gallagher all feels horrible tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad