News Article: Habs Let Go 4 Scouts (OHL, BCHL, USHS - Minn/New Eng)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m pretty sure you misread. He’s saying IF he was lucky. Not that he has an offer.

The interpretation you favor would be implicit had he written "If I were lucky."

However, by saying "if I was lucky", it presupposes that the event occurred. As in "I was lucky enough to get a job from another club, which starts in the next couple of weeks."

So no, I did not misread.

However, he could have expressed it more clearly.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
The interpretation you favor would be implicit had he written "If I were lucky."

However, by saying "if I was lucky", it presupposes that the event occurred. As in "I was lucky enough to get a job from another club, which starts in the next couple of weeks."

come on man.... its okay happens to me all the time ;)

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
If he was pulled away to go to another team then it would be Ludzig and not Timmins making that phone call.

"Yeah, hey Ludzy, some other team wants you so we are going to fire you first...go ahead and trash me on social media on your way out"

He doesn't get fired if they valued his opinion. Maybe they want to shake things up internally and Ludzig was part if it. Sean Burke mentioned his future was uncertain too.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I understood it as he'd be on the couch watching draft even if a club gave him an offer in next couple weeks(aka before the draft). Meaning, he has no offer yet no?

It's so weirdly written IMO but I don't think he has a job lol

I mean...

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
come on man.... its okay happens to me all the time ;)

I make mistakes like everyone else, if that's what you're implying. I just read it in the literal sense of the words he used.

Obviously, looking back at it now, it's not likely he could have received a job offer in the short timespan following his firing but who knows how well-regarded he is in the scouting community. My reflex was the read the words he used and apply a literal interpretation, so I should have looked at the wider context. Doesn't make me infallible, I make more mistakes than anyone else, if that's what you're after. And am not ashamed to admit it.

Reactions: groovejuice

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I make mistakes like everyone else, if that's what you're implying. I just read it in the literal sense of the words he used.

Obviously, looking back at it now, it's not likely he could have received a job offer in the short timespan following his firing but who knows how well-regarded he is in the scouting community. My reflex was the read the words he used and apply a literal interpretation, so I should have looked at the wider context. Doesn't make me infallible, I make more mistakes than anyone else, if that's what you're after. And am not ashamed to admit it.

I think he just used poor wording. He uses 'was' then speaks about maybe receiving an offer in the future.

He's a time traveler, confirmed. E5

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I understood it as he'd be on the couch watching draft even if a club gave him an offer in next couple weeks(aka before the draft). Meaning, he has no offer yet no?

It's so weirdly written IMO but I don't think he has a job lol

I mean...

Clearly he doesn't have a job. Probably due to a low F-Bomb Ratio.

Reactions: groovejuice

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs continue to get rid of guys, who do not have the right attitude, and who also helped with the old regime, on the menu food items at Da Bell Centre.

Glad the draft is close, it will provide us with some real stuff to talk about....

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I wonder what this season will be like for the fans. Do you have a waffle throwing tradition? Perhaps poutine?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Back to his deleted tweet, it was posted in another of our threads until he removed it.

The deleted tweet was originally posted by Adam Michaels:

Following this, several posts refer to the contents of the deleted tweet:

What was in the tweet? I cant see it.

Good.

We can now officially say Shaw was traded for Girard and Debrincat.

MB is just a huge moron.

LOL. Good god Bergevin is awful. Timmins pretty much said he was going to draft Girard if we had the 2nd IIRC, and now this pretty much says that he wanted Debrincat too.

What was that tweet ?

That Timmins had Girard and Debrincat teed up for their 2nd round picks before they were dealt for Shaw

The twitter link to the deleted tweet is as follows (click on "Loading tweet" for link):

I understand that it's possible to recover it through the internet cache. Can someone retrieve it?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Back to his deleted tweet, it was posted in another of our threads until he removed it.

The deleted tweet was originally posted by Adam Michaels:

Following this, several posts refer to the contents of the deleted tweet:

The twitter link to the deleted tweet is as follows (click on "Loading tweet" for link):

I understand that it's possible to recover it through the internet cache. Can someone retrieve it?

There were 2 deleted tweets.
The first one was something I posted, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a factor in him getting let go.
This was the tweet. "If you want loyalty, buy a dog-MB"
The second one was when @Adam Michaels asked him about Debrincat in the 2nd had we not traded the picks for Shaw, and Steve replied with "Timmins had him very very high. I'll leave it at that".

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With the spotlight now on Ludzik, his background adds another notch to the growing list of nepotist hirings by Bergevin:

He's the son of Steve Ludzik, MBs teammate in Chicago, maybe he was useless at his job just like the other Friends and Family gang so I have no problem with this and how he was told - 2 years into the job what does he expect a going away party?

The funny thing here is I didn't know that he had even hired the son of a friend as a scout! :laugh: It never ends!!! This guy is a riot!

I wonder how many more sons and relatives of friends and family have been hired by Bergevin. I guess we're only going to figure it out completely, when they're all let go.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There were 2 deleted tweets.
The first one was something I posted, and I wouldn't be surprised if it had a factor in him getting let go.
This was the tweet. "If you want loyalty, buy a dog-MB"
The second one was when @Adam Michaels asked him about Debrincat in the 2nd had we not traded the picks for Shaw, and Steve replied with "Timmins had him very very high. I'll leave it at that".

I had seen you posting the loyalty-buy-a-dog comment, but thought you were making a joke.

Didn't realize there were two tweets, thanks for that.

So he snapped back at MB and then thought better of it and took it down? Too good.

Adam Michaels provoked the 2nd tweet by directly interacting with him on twitter? Guess we have it from the horse's mouth, then.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
With the spotlight now on Ludzik, his background adds another notch to the growing list of nepotist hirings by Bergevin:

I wonder how many more sons and relatives of friends and family have been hired by Bergevin. I guess we're only going to figure it out completely, when they're all let go.

When a new GM will be hired he'll have to spend 3 weeks to clear the house ;)

Reactions: Runner77

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I had seen you posting the loyalty-buy-a-dog comment, but thought you were making a joke.

So he snapped back at MB and then thought better of it and took it down? Too good.

Adam Michaels provoked the 2nd tweet by directly interacting with him on twitter? Guess we have it from the horse's mouth, then.
No I wasn't lol. I don't know why you would say something like that about your boss publicly, pretty dumb imo. He didn't snap back at MB, he randomly tweeted that and like 45 minutes later he said that he got fired.

Yes he did. Just confirms that we would have most likely had Debrincat+Girard over Shaw.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Yea, the one with DeBrincat was me asking him if those picks were never traded for Shaw, was DeBrincat someone they were talking bout using one of the seconds on. I asked him because he was the Ontario scout and DeBrincat played in the OHL. He said that Timmins had him very, very high and that he'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Runner77

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007

hahah yeah I don't dispute that he could have done better with his statement, but like LL said, he's a time traveler lol. It might be a shock to all of you, but some of our arena guys aren't the best in french or english. We are lucky to have coaches making full sentences at times.

to reply generally to this thread, its fascinating and hilarious to read what people ''believe'' happened. In their hate for Bergevin, people will twist any sterilized fact to whip on Bergevin. In the end, He was considered expendable, and I doubt Bergevin took this decision without consulting Timmins and CO. . The possibilities are endless boys, maybe he was the one who wanted to draft McCarron so much ? Maybe he didn't like Mete and Bergevin took him anyways ? Maybe, maybe, maybe. I'm honestly disappointed no one wrote something like '' GOOD RIDDANCE!'' hahah

Reactions: scrubadam

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010

The guy played in the league for what 20 years, countless amount of teams. You can make a link with him and almost everyone in hockey. I remember when people said he would hire Crawford instead of MT because Crawford coached him in his last year in the NHL. Then people said he wouldn't fire MT because their friends, bothsaid they didn't know each other much before the hire.

I remember when he traded the great Sekac for DSP, people were so upset that they thought he was doing a favor for his first d-partner/roommate Bob Murray.

I mean he and Joel Bouchard played together for a bit too, you might be right.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
hahah yeah I don't dispute that he could have done better with his statement, but like LL said, he's a time traveler lol. It might be a shock to all of you, but some of our arena guys aren't the best in french or english. We are lucky to have coaches making full sentences at times.

to reply generally to this thread, its fascinating and hilarious to read what people ''believe'' happened. In their hate for Bergevin, people will twist any sterilized fact to whip on Bergevin. In the end, He was considered expendable, and I doubt Bergevin took this decision without consulting Timmins and CO. . ...

The timing of it raises questions. I agree that it leads to a lot of speculation.

Makes you wonder what he may have done to have this happen. He claims that he didn't see it coming.

We know how at this time of year, teams are in their war rooms and mining their scouts heavily for information and findings. Leads one to believe that they didn't like what he had to say at this particular juncture or that maybe he was ill-prepared, who knows. Could be several things, could even be filtering out organizational info to a third party, it runs the gamut. Maybe it has nothing to do with his competence.

One thing is certain, however. If he was truly unworthy of being a scout with the Habs, why did they only let him go so close to the draft? It's odd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad