Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs - Wednesday April 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It won't be easy, especially with some experiments in the line-up going on right now.
The lost of Price and Gallagher is not helping but that's why we got Allen and we got tons of depth.

KK on the wings doesn't bother me at all. We got options and better used it.
Last game he was the 4th line center, tomorrow he'll be on top 6 winger.....and maybe it will be somewhere else Thrusday.

It's good to know our options before the PO begins, we need to be ready for as many situations as possible.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
For Laval, you mean after next Sunday’s game (the 18th)? Then they’re off until the 30th. If Caufield plays starting the 9th, that would give him 4 games before that break. I wonder if they then bring him on that road trip

Yeah, the 18th. I'm a week ahead.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Oh no they put him on a Top 2 line. Poor guy. He’s been a centre for the other 150 games of his career. I guess this one game as a winger will ruin him

A lot of centers ,even great centers have played wing on occasion, did fans get bent out of shape then too?
Coaches coach,players play where the coach tells them to play,some may not like it,but coaches do what they think is best for the TEAM.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Oh no they put him on a Top 2 line. Poor guy. He’s been a centre for the other 150 games of his career. I guess this one game as a winger will ruin him
Ya because playing him 13min as a center with Arturri ''blackhole'' Lekhonen and ''Paul Waiver '' Byron , will surely make a positive ways in his development playing with 2 plugs with low ice time.

I can't wait to see KK getting those shots on net on the wings with Danault. Oh wait Danault can't make a straight line pass.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Ya because playing him 13min as a center with Arturri ''blackhole'' Lekhonen and ''Paul Waiver '' Byron , will surely make a positive ways in his development playing with 2 plugs with low ice time.

I can't wait to see KK getting those shots on net on the wings with Danault. Oh wait Danault can't make a straight line pass.
i know that pass to tatar was not straight!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
A lot of centers ,even great centers have played wing on occasion, did fans get bent out of shape then too?
Coaches coach,players play where the coach tells them to play,some may not like it,but coaches do what they think is best for the TEAM.
Best for the “team”? Well, I would leave Price unprotected during the expansion and move some assets for youth.

Reactions: dnl4ever

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Playing with those plugs was KK's best game last week.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Best for the “team”? Well, I would leave Price unprotected during the expansion and move some assets for youth.

Talking in the present not in the future. Left unprotected is not possible due to NTC and not sure he would be picked anyways. If you were a Gm,would take him and his cap?

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
i know that pass to tatar was not straight!

It was just an illusion.

54d0e6f60cdf8.jpeg

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
KK at RW should allow him to utilize his shot more. Hopefully he can get some confidence with it. Guy needs to tighten up that release as well- that goal by Staal yesterday is the type of goal I thought KK would be scoring but his release isn’t quick enough yet to catch goalies off guard like that.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I noticed it the last few games, was going uh oh a few times and nothing! They best not find those darned whistles against the Leafs though.

Well a PP for the Leafs is almost guaranteed within the first 5 minutes at the ACC (or whatever they call it now).

Reactions: angusyoung

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Based on the games we've played against them this season this is the toughest to be beat Leafs team in recent years. I was especially impressed with their puck management. They don't give the puck away easily and in vulnerable positions and patiently tire you out until the gaps open. Will be interesting to see Ducharmes' solution.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
KK at RW should allow him to utilize his shot more. Hopefully he can get some confidence with it. Guy needs to tighten up that release as well- that goal by Staal yesterday is the type of goal I thought KK would be scoring but his release isn’t quick enough yet to catch goalies off guard like that.

Ideally hockey sticks should not be flagpole length.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Based on the games we've played against them this season this is the toughest to be beat Leafs team in recent years. I was especially impressed with their puck management. They don't give the puck away easily and in vulnerable positions and patiently tire you out until the gaps open. Will be interesting to see Ducharmes' solution.

As long as KK plays Center right,:whine:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

:sarcasm:
They did practices those today. At about 5 seconds in the clip, you can see Danault doing a pass to KK for a goal.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Very different habs team than the ones that have played the leafs before.

The biggest change is the coaching. The habs have been more dynamic than what the leafs will remember under Julien.

Then of course, there's the two notable losses of price and Gallagher, along with the addition of Staal.

This is kind of a measuring stick type of game, so I look forward to it.

There might be alot of duds from here on out with the way the standings are shaping up, but this might be an exception.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

No I remember Team Canada ruining Patrice Bergeron when they made him play on Crosby’s wing for a couple of tournaments. Poor Bruins potentially missed out on a really good centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->