Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs - Wednesday April 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Looks like Price picked up some kind of injury last night and will not play tomorrow.

Also no Gallagher after this thumb fracture. Evans back in on wing?

Big game. First game against the Leafs in a while and they are rolling.

Habs are back home Thursday against the Jets, so we'll see how Price is then.

I'm guessing Allen starts this one and they go from there.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I expect Byron to take Gally’s spot. He had the primary assist on the Tatar goal and worked well with Danault in OT.

This must mean Evans on the wing which I’m looking forward to seeing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I expect Byron to take Gally’s spot. He had the primary assist on the Tatar goal and worked well with Danault in OT.

This must mean Evans on the wing which I’m looking forward to seeing.

I think they will look for a more gritty option to replace Gallagher on that line (if they keep Tatar with Danault). That guy is Perry. If not, they might shuffle the deck.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Leafs have been hot and cold for a while now and their PP nonexistent, keep it that way! Always a lot of pandering to the Leafs fans pumping players and the new boy is Hyman, he's one I'd like to tear apart:whaaa?:

I actually think the Leafs are a faster skating team than the Habs. Habs need to finish their checks and wear them down where they know hits are coming and over time, it makes players make quicker decisions with the puck and that's what causes turnovers. Habs transition game is where we burn other teams. It's our bread and butter recipe to wining

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Definitely not unexpected news on Price. Won't be surprised if he doesn't play at all this week.

Hopefully, Allen is good to go.

Too bad about Gallagher. Evans should be back in the lineup.

Can see the Habs adding a forward to the taxi squad for the Western road trip next week.

I expect Leskinen & Primeau to travel with the team too.

After Sunday's afternoon game, Laval is off for 11 days. We'll be back from Edmonton/Calgary before they even play their next game.

Reactions: Redux91 and Tuggy

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
leafs have last change, so balancing the lines to make sure each has the ability to deal with Matthews/Marner without getting badly exploited will be important...

Staal - Danault - Byron
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Tatar - JKO - Toffoli
Lekhonen - Evans - Perry

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
Definitely not unexpected news on Price. Won't be surprised if he doesn't play at all this week.

Hopefully, Allen is good to go.

Too bad about Gallagher. Evans should be back in the lineup.

Can see the Habs adding a forward to the taxi squad for the Western road trip next week.

I expect Leskinen & Primeau to travel with the team too.

After Sunday's afternoon game, Laval is off for 11 days. We'll be back from Edmonton/Calgary before they even play their next game.

For Laval, you mean after next Sunday’s game (the 18th)? Then they’re off until the 30th. If Caufield plays starting the 9th, that would give him 4 games before that break. I wonder if they then bring him on that road trip

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
I actually think the Leafs are a faster skating team than the Habs. Habs need to finish their checks and wear them down where they know hits are coming and over time, it makes players make quicker decisions with the puck and that's what causes turnovers. Habs transition game is where we burn other teams. It's our bread and butter recipe to wining

I agree with the finishing checks on them. And it will pay off long term and in the playoffs. Also to note i am noticing that the refs started leaving the whistles in their pockets. Maybe a preview for the penalty calls for the playoffs.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I agree with the finishing checks on them. And it will pay off long term and in the playoffs. Also to note i am noticing that the refs started leaving the whistles in their pockets. Maybe a preview for the penalty calls for the playoffs.

Definitely noticed it last night. Lots of interference/holding not being called.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

They are this season! Habs added Perry, Toffoli, and now Staal plus they had a few not fleet of foot already.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

100%... we need the Refs to be consistent and there is always that trend where the closer you get to the playoffs, the more the little stupid calls are not made. Plus I think the NHL is monitoring the Refs more now then ever before. It's about time. I think there is bias with those Refs. Lets face it... those guys are hockey fans and they cheered for some team growing up and hated others.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don't think there's a way to beat Toronto without Price at the top of his game.
Sure Habs can, it’s called don’t get penalized - Habs have dominated Leafs 5-on-5 - especially Matthews & Marner. Habs have been avg 3.5PIM per game under Dom Dom - last night they were at 8PIM (including 2 penalties negating their PP)

They will miss Gallagher though, so it will be much tougher, no doubt

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why would they take Perry off the line with Suzuki and Anderson? He seems to work well with Andy

Team balance approach but we will see what they tinker with. Perry is the only one I see replacing Gallagher's style on that Danault line. Ducharme might split up Danault and Tatar as another option

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax

o6rTOuH.png

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Leafs are on a roll and I've been watching their games more carefully lately. They strike fast and now with Chucky playing, you know he can snipe them. Would be nice to put the brakes on them; even with Allen, it's doable.

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
Leafs are on a roll and I've been watching their games more carefully lately. They strike fast and now with Chucky playing, you know he can snipe them. Would be nice to put the brakes on them; even with Allen, it's doable.

It will be the dreaded first game back from the west - Habs got this, little doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad