Pre-Game Talk: HABS @ LEAFS | SAT FEB 13 @7PM | CBC, SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
And take off a better player for Sabourin? Nope
No, he won't replace a better player. I mean he might be the better player for what he brings. If the coach wants to add the elements that he brings, he is the better player. Obviously, there is little danger that he will take a job.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
No, he won't replace a better player. I mean he might be the better player for what he brings. If the coach wants to add the elements that he brings, he is the better player. Obviously, there is little danger that he will take a job.
He is an AHL player who you are dressing for responses? Thats a bad lineup decision.
It's not happening

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

We have like 20 better forwards in the organization right now... And that excludes using 7D looks.

Reactions: Cor

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
What a bizarre schedule the Habs have.
  • Wednesday, February 10th vs TOR
  • Thursday, February 11th vs EDM
  • Saturday, February 13th @ TOR
  • Saturday, February 20th vs TOR
  • Sunday, February 21st @ OTT
Back-to-back vs different teams on either side of a week long home and home.

Cecithepylon

May 4, 2017
I’m ok if we lose this game based on our play lately but it would be delicious if we win

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
We have like 20 better forwards in the organization right now... And that excludes using 7D looks.
Yes, we have some good depth this year. I disagree with twenty, but we have good depth. However, if they wanted to add what he brings, we don't have anyone one better. Otherwise, I would have wanted they guy who brings those elements, but is better.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
What a bizarre schedule the Habs have.
  • Wednesday, February 10th vs TOR
  • Thursday, February 11th vs EDM
  • Saturday, February 13th @ TOR
  • Saturday, February 20th vs TOR
  • Sunday, February 21st @ OTT
Back-to-back vs different teams on either side of a week long home and home.

The schedule's real dumb. It's not even like the Canadian arenas are being used for anything else.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We have to close out the Habs tomorrow and then just keep the foot on the accelerator in the next three Ottawa games coming up.

Sounds crazy to say but 6 out of 8 of those upcoming points and maybe 8 out of 8 points could be achievable if they just maintain their approach. Really want to see the Leafs be able to play a stretch of consistent, workmanlike games at a high level. I wouldn't be so arrogant to say "cruise control", but they are winnable games.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
We have to close out the Habs tomorrow and then just keep the foot on the accelerator in the next three Ottawa games coming up.

Sounds crazy to say but 6 out of 8 of those upcoming points and maybe 8 out of 8 points could be achievable if they just maintain their approach. Really want to see the Leafs be able to play a stretch of consistent, workmanlike games at a high level. I wouldn't be so arrogant to say "cruise control", but they are winnable games.
Yeah it would be quite nice to see them get a W again tomorrow.

I must point out however that it's been over 3 years since the Leafs won 5 games in a row :eek:

Reactions: zeke

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Will be interesting to see if this team has the killer instinct to kick a team when they are down. I think back to the Leafs being up 3-2 against the Bs at home in the playoffs but couldn’t finish them off. Habs may be 3 or 7 points back by Sunday morning. That could easily be 13 points by the time they play again next Saturday night. Go buds

Reactions: zeke

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
They got a long break the next time we play them, so it will be interesting to see a team watching video and practising to beat us while we play.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We are as fast as they are. Would like to see us destroy them relentlessly for 60 minutes. Trusting the top lines will do better tonight and help our odds of winning.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Third game in four nights for the Habs.

The Leafs should be winning this one but Montreal is going to come hard after the last loss. Just need to weather the initial burst and then their tired legs are going to give out in the 3rd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad