Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Toronto Maple Leafs (2-0-0)
logo.png

View media item 6165View media item 6167View media item 6169
Hutchinson Starts.
Scratch - Spezza, Petan, Holl
Injuries - Hyman (ACL), Dermott (Shoulder)

Habs (0-0-1)
TeamLogo

Tatar - Danault - Pest
Who - Not as good as Tie - Suzuki
Attitude - Lol 3rd overall - Who
Byron - Who - Who

0 goals - Dinosaur
Who - Petry
Who - Who

Price
Who

Scratches: Folin, Reilly, Cousins
Injuries: Poehling (c0ncussion), Juulsen (Facial Injury)
---------------

Keys to the game

auston1.jpg

Auston Matthews
Off to a great start with 3 goals in 2 games. Currently league leader in goals. He's absolutely ridiculous during the month of october. Should be a key tonight with his lethal shot.

mitch-marner-tml.jpg

Mitch Marner
Currently tied for the league leader in points. Coming off of an excellent 3 point performance, it will be exciting to see how he does tonight.

1093652240.jpg.0.jpg

Michael Hutchinson.
Making his debut tonight. He hasn't had the greatest of preseasons, but tonight is a night for him to prove himself.

tavares-captain.jpg

John Tavares
After a relatively quiet first two games, this is one where I expect Captain JT to step up. Hope to see him having a big night. Pyjama Boy had an excellent season last year with 49 goals and 88 points hoping to see the same this season.

Timashov-1024x683.jpg

Dmytro Timashov, Nick Shore and Martin Marincin.
This is a night for them to prove themselves. I was surprised to see Timashov outside of the lineup last night as I thought he played particularly well in game 1. Tonight is a night for him to prove he should be in the lineup on a nightly basis. Marincin needs to step it up, and I would like to see more from Shore.

- Max Domi, and Brendan Gallagher will both be looking to get under our skins. The two having career year last year. The habs will be banking on their production.
- Carey Price, hasn't been the same since 2015. However he's well rested and should be a key player to their roster.
- This is our second game in 24 hours meanwhile they are rested. They are also, hungry for their first win.
-We beat them twice in preseason. Let's do it again!!

867137.jpg

Let's win this one tonight boys. Nothing is more satisfying then beating the Scabs.

- Also, like the previous poster this is my cherry popper first GDT.

Last edited:

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
That slaughter we gave them in pre-season was fun. hopefully just an appetizer for tonight.

Back to back with the back up in though, will be the toughest game yet. But we can strike quick. grab those 2 points.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I understand and agree with no special treatment for Spezza...but how do you swap him for Shore after last night?

dude single handedly lifted Goat's corsi into the positive end for the first time in his entire career.

Not going to lose often if all 4 lines have good possession numbers. Swap Petan for Timo, leave in spezza and let's gooooo.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I understand and agree with no special treatment for Spezza...but how do you swap him for Shore after last night?

dude single handedly lifted Goat's corsi into the positive end for the first time in his entire career.

Not going to lose often if all 4 lines have good possession numbers. Swap Petan for Timo, leave in spezza and let's gooooo.

Or just do the load management thing with him and have Shore take a game here and there. Babcock needs to keep his depth players somewhat fresh

Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Or just do the load management thing with him and have Shore take a game here and there. Babcock needs to keep his depth players somewhat fresh

That's true.

Do we need to worry about 10 minutes a night right now though? That's 3 minutes less than his previous career low.

I'm going to give Spezza the benefit of the doubt and say 10 minutes a night against low quality competition is already load management.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Be nice if Kappy Tavares Marner can pick it up 5 on 5.
Lol I dunno, that line looks so clunky with Kapanen on LW.

I've said it before but I think the best plan of action may be to trade Kapanen and put his cap space towards re-signing a defensemen.

Reactions: kb

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Just read the Marleau ironman streak on the main board.

Friendly reminder: nobody still wants him on their team LOL

Yeah he really was that bad last year :laugh: No clue how people defended him last year.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Both teams have lots of speed. Should be a fun game to watch. Hoping Hutch can handle the back up role this year. He doesn't need to be great. With the Leafs offence, on most nights he just needs to give up 3 or less. I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I am just so thankful that I never have to watch Sparks in net ever again.

Reactions: glue

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Yeah he really was that bad last year :laugh: No clue how people defended him last year.

Dude should’ve just went on LTIR.

At least he could’ve hung out and been around the team sometimes

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

His # 1 goal last season was to preserve his iron man streak, IMO. He also thought that SJ Sharks will want him back and roll the welcome back mat for him, he is a delusional person+selfish.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Im not exactly sure what Kapanen is, he is not so great with Marner and JT. I think this will be short lived.

Who do you see replacing him in the short term?

Mikheyev?
Moore?
Tim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad