Habs / Leafs last game of season. Would you....

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Imagine Marner, Rielly, or Matthews getting injured just before the playoffs in meaningless game.

Babcock would get crucified.

#2-3 are settled, he will ice a B team for sure.
Players often get injured when they're trying too hard to avoid injury. So, I would still prefer that they play to win and not play to avoid injury. Just my experience from when I was an active hockey coach.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Players often get injured when they're trying too hard to avoid injury. So, I would still prefer that they play to win and not play to avoid injury. Just my experience from when I was an active hockey coach.

They won't get injured in the gym if you don't play them. It is the smart thing to do.

Could you imagine how the fanbase would react if one of the top guys gets injured in a meaningless game just a few days before the playoffs start?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
They won't get injured in the gym if you don't play them. It is the smart thing to do.

Could you imagine how the fanbase would react if one of the top guys gets injured in a meaningless game just a few days before the playoffs start?
They will not be sitting out any players IMHO.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Single game contracts;

Domi - Orr - McLaren
Clune - Clark - Brown
Tucker - Rosehill - McGill
everyone will be dead by the time a 4th line is needed

Damm, that team would be dead last in the NHL every single year, yet at the same time nobody would ever push them around. In fact teams might be scared to run up the score on them too much because they'd get their faces bashed in.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Play em, final tune up/ game with intensity before the playofss.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
montreal needs 2 pts to secure the 2nd wild card spot; they go into the third period with the lead.

only 5 mins left in the game. Leafs tie the game and win in the OT for a wonderful Leafs victory.

first giving them hope and then crushing it

:yo:

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
I would want MTL in the playoffs if we are in normally. Just for the chance that we can meet them somewhere in the playoffs. But this year I do not see them taking down TB so I feel I would rather PIT or CLB get in over MTL at a chance to upset the #1 seed thereby making the path for us easier if there is an upset.

Don't laugh, but if the series doesn't become a special teams battle, MTL has a shot of upsetting Tampa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->