Habs / Leafs last game of season. Would you....

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Leafs play the Habs the last game of the season in Montreal. Likely a meaningless game for the Leafs but it could be a do or die game for the Habs. If you were Babs, would you ice your best possible lineup and risk injury for the chance of sticking it to a rival on their home ice? Or play it safe and concede a Habs win and entry into the play-offs?

Personally, there are only a few things I enjoy more than Hab tears. Lifting a cup would be one. But I would stick it to the Habs

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Hard to say this far out.

But, I might rest guys the second last game against TBay if the game is meaningless for both.
I'd probably go with a full line up but if the game gets away, Fred comes out and the top players get their ice time dialed way back.

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
Better be real!
Stick it to the Habs ... we are not winning the Cup this year.
This will be our victory and it is worth it for me!

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Leafs play the Habs the last game of the season in Montreal. Likely a meaningless game for the Leafs but it could be a do or die game for the Habs. If you were Babs, would you ice your best possible lineup and risk injury for the chance of sticking it to a rival on their home ice? Or play it safe and concede a Habs win and entry into the play-offs?

Personally, there are only a few things I enjoy more than Hab tears. Lifting a cup would be one. But I would stick it to the Habs
Depends on the home ice situation with Boston, but there is no correlation between how well a team finishes the regular season and how they perform in the playoffs. For that reason i'd rest Andersen regardless.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd be happy if that game ends up as a final tuneup before the playoffs. Do whatever is in the best interests of the Leafs.

Reactions: zaqq

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
A dream scenario would be that our Marlies call ups knock the Habs into 9th place.

Would be hilarious.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I like the idea of MTL in the playoffs myself because if they get in, there's always the chance (no matter how slim) that we'll get to play them.

Reactions: zaqq

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Rest any player, you think could use it, but otherwise giver, never concede anything and play to win.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Not sure what the issue is.

The Marlies could be them.

Save your players and take the 2 points. There is no conundrum.

Tiggaracing

Mar 2, 2014
Single game contracts;

Domi - Orr - McLaren
Clune - Clark - Brown
Tucker - Rosehill - McGill
everyone will be dead by the time a 4th line is needed

Reactions: ToneDog

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Rest people, then beat them with the Goat as your number 1 center, Marincin quarter backing the PP and Sparkie in net. What a perfect way to kill their season.

Auston Powers

May 16, 2016
Toronto
I would want MTL in the playoffs if we are in normally. Just for the chance that we can meet them somewhere in the playoffs. But this year I do not see them taking down TB so I feel I would rather PIT or CLB get in over MTL at a chance to upset the #1 seed thereby making the path for us easier if there is an upset.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Hard to say this far out.

But, I might rest guys the second last game against TBay if the game is meaningless for both.
I'd probably go with a full line up but if the game gets away, Fred comes out and the top players get their ice time dialed way back.

There's a 95%+ chance that game is meaningless for Tampa.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Nope, Babs wants to win every game. Not going to sit people, especially since I imagine all points for the season will be important, and you want to keep all players engaged rolling into the playoffs.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Play them hard, no matter what.

Imagine Marner, Rielly, or Matthews getting injured just before the playoffs in meaningless game.

Babcock would get crucified.

#2-3 are settled, he will ice a B team for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->