Speculation: Habs just gained $3.75 million in cap space. Trade incoming?

callan819

Mar 22, 2011
One guy I'd like the habs to take a look at prior to the trade deadline is Jordan Oesterle. The guy can skate, play both the left/right side and would help add depth to our defence and at only 1.4 mil in cap, seems pretty doable. The guy averages 18:34 on Arizona and has 11 points through 37 games and with Arizona lacking draft picks in this upcoming draft, seems like there could easily be a deal here.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Ryan Graves - 2.5 years @ $3.167M Per

upload_2021-4-7_17-45-5.jpeg

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
One guy I'd like the habs to take a look at prior to the trade deadline is Jordan Oesterle. The guy can skate, play both the left/right side and would help add depth to our defence and at only 1.4 mil in cap, seems pretty doable. The guy averages 18:34 on Arizona and has 11 points through 37 games and with Arizona lacking draft picks in this upcoming draft, seems like there could easily be a deal here.

Why would Arizona trade Oesterle when they're currently in a playoff spot? It would take a pretty big overpayment to pry him out.

Reactions: hn777

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Is Graves available? What would be the price?

Graves is expendable, but realistically he isn't available until the offseason. Would probably cost something around a 2nd + B prospect, but he may go cheaper depending if we need extra cap space.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atoyot

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Graves is expendable, but realistically he isn't available until the offseason. Would probably cost something around a 2nd + B prospect, but he may go cheaper depending if we need extra cap space.

This assumes Graves doesn't get taken by Seattle

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

And I do not see anyone trading for him in the off season cause there's possibly 30 teams with 3 better dman than him. Therefore that's totally useless for a team to give that much for a bottom pairing dman. He's either worth a 2nd, or a B prospect, not both, especially at this salary

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I don't think they trade for a forward ...with Armia coming back, Frolik and Evans available + Caufield in Laval, i think maybe they trade for a D, but who knows?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
This assumes Graves doesn't get taken by Seattle

And I do bot see anyone trading for him in the off season cause there's possibly 30 teams with 3 better dman than him. Therefore that's totally useless for a team to give that much for a bottom pairing dman

Forgot to add if he didn't get taken by Seattle. We wouldn't be making the trade until after the expansion draft, as we need Graves as expansion fodder. Seattle will be choosing between Donskoi, Graves, Compher, O'Connor, or MacDonald. Most likely it will end up Graves or Donskoi, but it wouldn't surprise me if they choose a cheaper option.

Reactions: Rumplesnipeskin

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Forgot to add if he didn't get taken by Seattle. We wouldn't be making the trade until after the expansion draft, as we need Graves as expansion fodder. Seattle will be choosing between Donskoi, Graves, Compher, O'Connor, or MacDonald. Most likely it will end up Graves or Donskoi, but it wouldn't surprise me if they choose a cheaper option.

EJ
Makar
Girard

No way they aren't picking Toews.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
EJ is waiving his contract or getting bought out. Thanks for coming out though.

We shall see. No way he waves in order to go to a bottom feeder team, no reason too. He'll make more money forcing the Avs to buy him out and gettinf another contract.

So either they go 4-4, and lose Kadri, or go 7-3 and lose Toews if they decide no to buy out EJ.

It'll be fun to watch

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
And I do not see anyone trading for him in the off season cause there's possibly 30 teams with 3 better dman than him. Therefore that's totally useless for a team to give that much for a bottom pairing dman. He's either worth a 2nd, or a B prospect, not both, especially at this salary

You still need a fourth defenseman to round out the second pair, or am I missing some new tactic?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad