Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Jets - Saturday Night 10PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Damn that Ylonen is friggin good. What skill and vision

You probably meant that for the Rocket thread but I'm sure we'd all like to know when he'll get a shot at the NHL with the way he's playing.

Reactions: WinterLion

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It's a bump. I actually like the direction of this team, but it'll take some time and we're still a couple years away. I wish we played the young guys more, and the danault/gallagher/tatar line a bit less. Maybe we we to mix that line up though, it's been pretty blah since the start of the year.
If you like the direction of this team...... you have the wrong map .

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It took 11 games or so for Burns to manage egos in 1988. I remember because I was in his office after the Pens game for the press scrum (that's how it was done in that era:laugh:). I think they went 4-7 or something like that. And then, it clicked.
Yep they stated 4 - 7. Then finished the season second over all with 113 pionts Flames had 115 . Burns and Habs lost to Flames in finals.
Regressed under Burns every year
bit by bit. Then he was replaced and Habs won the Cup in Demers first season.
Pat was good coach but grinded the team to no offense. Tried to win 2-1 every night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gjman2019

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Habs might do a tad better tomorrow in a count of Allen playing. The line up is utter crap.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I found him slow with Laval. He brought nothing.

If memory serves , he may be the most scratched player in NHL recent history. I think he holds a record of most scratches in a 2 year span. He blows, and what a message our new tard coach is already sending to anyone that stands up and drops the gloves. I hate the new guy already.

Reactions: demetan33

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Frolik in will be interesting. Wonder if he can bring something we lack in the bottom 6

Also with all the negativity around here the Habs law states that we should win.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Been looking forward to Toffoli on Suzukis wing all year honestly, cant wait to see it and hope it works out, i find they have the same speed, should be perfect for each other lol

Sucks about Anderson , looking at the play again looks like he twisted that left ankle a bit, shouldnt be too bad, shouldnt be out too long (well, 3-4 weeks could be long, but its not 3-4 months lol) hell it could be only 3-4 days!

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
KK should be the one playing with Tatar and Gallagher, the offensive blackhole who turned down 30M can have the scraps on the 3rd line. At this point I'd probably promote Evans and play him on the 4th though, guy's so useless he doesn't even look like a 3rd line C anymore.
Let's get f**king real. What has KK done to deserve anything more than being treated like a 20 year old who is creates nothing except chaos in the defensive zone and butkis in the offensive end?

Toffoli and Tatar have rotated in and out of his line, he gets sheltered minutes and PP time and he has 9 points. Danault plays against the opposing best lines and has 8 points. I'm not a Danault fan boy but KK is playing shit hockey not because of his linemates but because of his lack of skills. The kid can barely skate and has to execute wide looping circles to reverse direction.

Another outstanding first-round pick by TT.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Let's get f**king real. What has KK done to deserve anything more than being treated like a 20 year old who is creating nothing except chaos in the defensive zone and butkis in the offensive end?

Toffoli and Tatar have rotated in and out of his line, he gets shelter minutes and PP time and he has 9 points. Danault plays against the opposing best lines and has 8 points. I'm not a Danault fan boy but KK is playing shit hockey not because of his linemates but because of his lack of skills. The kid can barely skate and has to execute wide looping circles to reverse direction.

He still doesn't look ready for the NHL,imo. Galchenyuk was showing more than KK and he came in about the same age.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
If you like the direction of this team...... you have the wrong map .

I don't know. I really like Suzuki, Kotaniemi, Romanov, and I like the new additions of Toffoli and Anderson. I think we have some interesting prospects in Caufield, Guhle, Norlinder, Poehling, Harris, and I'm sure there's a couple others I'm not thinking about right now. I think there some toxic energy in the habs room right now, with some veteran forwards who are worried about being paid. I still think it's a couple years away, but I do like knowing we have some solid, young players down the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad