Habs intentionally end sellout streak to honour #4

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Nice gesture by the Habs.

Beliveau played way before my time so I don't remember his playing days at all. The only memory I have of him is a televised interview he gave a local Pittsburgh reporter during a Habs/Pens game in Montreal. Pittsburgh was going through a really tough time as a hockey market with the Pens possibly relocating at the time and Beliveau was so complimentary of Pittsburgh, our fans and his memories of playing there. It was a treat to listen to. He came off as one of the classiest people you'd ever hear speak.

R.I.P.

Mario Lemieux was at the funeral today.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
Non-sellout?!?!?! Move'em to Hamilton!!!:sarcasm:

No one does the ceremonial/tribute stuff as well as Montreal, I've heard people argue they almost do it too often, but given their history and how well they do that kind of stuff it's hard to blame them.

...and yes, Lights (LIGHTS?) is a very attractive person.

SteelCitySenator

Jan 4, 2007
Pittsburgh
I absolutely hate the habs. More than anybody else.

But this is awesome. Just great to see how much the city, team, and fans really cared about him. Major major ****** to them.

And as somebody else said, nobody does this type of thing like hockey(especially the habs).

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Pretty sure Beliveau hasn't paid a single cent for this seat in the past years, not sure why yesterday would count as an "unsold seat".

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Such a profound individual who had an immense spirit– perhaps his seat was not empty after all. Perhaps.

688181.gif

Mayo Masseuse

Tinariwen Riddum
May 16, 2010
The Dunes of Neptune
Cannot stand the Habs.

With that being said, one must give respect when it is due.

Class, class in a glass.

I am used to seeing these type of gestures in some Association Football matches. I believe the NHL comes in a close 2nd (albeit there are more footie teams in the world).

Well done Montreal. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad