Rumor: Habs Inquired about Loui Eriksson's availability?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
giphy.gif

Jul 6, 2016
Holy reaction, Batman... A f***ing, baseless rumour !

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Fun question: Say Price was willing to goto Vancouver and the Canucks were willing to pay high picks and prospects to take his whole salary but Montreal had to take Eriksson, Markstrom, and Dorsett in exchange. Do you do it?

No, that Eriksson contract is worse than Price's at this point.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Fun question: Say Price was willing to goto Vancouver and the Canucks were willing to pay high picks and prospects to take his whole salary but Montreal had to take Eriksson, Markstrom, and Dorsett in exchange. Do you do it?
I would especially if the pick is high, I mean really high this draft

badi

Jan 21, 2008
The guy is too slow for this NHL

Lets trade for him ,,,,,,loll

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Didn't we have enough of those with Semin, Hemsky and cie?

Nope. As people around here like to say it cost nothing. Personally i disagree. I'm not the type of guy to date a woman i find not interesting because it cost nothing ...

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
We have Lekhonen who is basically Erikson in the making...

I know CJ :heart: Erikson...but seriously...I hope it's a false rumor. Our GM can't be that bad...

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think Claude Julien is a respected enough coach that certain players would want to play for him.

I could the Habs falling short of signing Tavares and Stastny, bidding on Soderberg. Eriksson address no need to which there is isn't an internal solution. Bergevin is really grasping at straws if he starts picking off secondary players from the Bruins years from Julien. They need one or two vets. I'd be more interested in Pominville because he is a one year flier, at $5m. RH shot for the PP. Hometown hero.

I'd be happy with a RW depth of

Gallagher
Pominville
Scherbak
Shaw (expendable)

I especially see Pominville as the kind of player you would want to play Drouin with. A veteran who has played with the likes of Briere, Drury, Granlund.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I’d say I’m surprised, but that would be a lie.

“Just when I thought you couldn’t get any dumber, you go out and do something like this.... AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF” :laugh:

Yep. Bergevin and friends.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Bonino ?

Now Eriksson ?

If true.

Just when you have reached a point of terrible despair, loss and anguish, and you think it really cant get any worse....

HEEEEEERES PURPLE PANTS

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Bonino ?

Now Eriksson ?

If true.

Just when you have reached a point of terrible despair, loss and anguish, and you think it really cant get any worse....

HEEEEEERES PURPLE PANTS

I don't believe those rumors but if he does a move like that this summer i'm done with him. Acquiring Bonono would be a typical Houle type of move and MB would then be officially as worse as Houle.

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
Friedman, LeBrun, Dreger, MacKenzie...why do I picture them all sitting together laughing their heads off at Habs fans?

They love baiting Habs fans.
I agree. However wouldn't it make perfect sense that Bergevin would be salivating at the opportunity to convert a 32 year old winger to centre? Lol.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Stop aiming for a 2$ lotto ticket Bergy and put some more cash to get a 5$ lotto ticket instead.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
To be honest there's nothing wrong with inquiring. There's everything wrong with accepting if you're just eating the contract. The report says it went nowhere because Bergevin wanted Vancouver to take some of the cap hit and they wouldn't. That tells me that if he tried to do an Alzner for Eriksson -$2M swap, Vancouver was having none of it.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I don't believe the rumor because at Bergevin's post trade deadline press conference he said he wanted to get younger and faster. So then he "may have looked" into acquiring a player who turns 33 in July, with another 4 years at $6million? Yet he was listening on his 29 year old Captain? So are you getting younger? No. Are you getting faster? No. So why lie to the fans again? That is why people are on here pissed off.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Claude Julien had Erickson in Beantown and he was a dud. Then he was traded to the Canucks. Can you imagine Peter Chiarelli gave Tyler Seguin away to the Dallas Stars for Louie?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->