Rumor: Habs Inquired about Loui Eriksson's availability?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'd like to think this isn't true and really don't think it is but nothing would surprise me anymore with this snake oil salesman ruining the Habs. The GM said at his trade deadline PC that he was looking to get younger and faster with his favorite word "character" also thrown in of course. Is Loui fast because he doesn't fit the younger part. Maybe he fits the all important MB character part but whatever..

At this point I really don't care what MB does anymore. He's already run the Habs completely into the ground so I'm just gonna sit back and watch this guy keeping failing until Molson finally catches on that his GM is beyond awful. If Molson is too stupid to already see that his GM is awful and needs to be gone he deserves what's coming which will likely be much worse than it is right now.

Just fire yourself as the Habs president Geoff Molson and hire someone to fill that position who knows what they're actually doing since you don't seem to have a clue.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
This is why it worries me going into this offseason with Bergevin in charge. I’m just waiting for the bad deals come July 1st, because I think he is going to make sure to spend all the cap space.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Think at this point it's a given that Pac is gone this summer and Bergevin is diving in the dumpster again to find an insurance policy with salary retention, makes no sense otherwise (makes no sense to target him anyway I know...!)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is why it worries me going into this offseason with Bergevin in charge. I’m just waiting for the bad deals come July 1st, because I think he is going to make sure to spend all the cap space.

I don't have a problem with spending our cap space but on the right players and we need to be careful with term. My favorite slogans for the coming future...

1. Let the Kids Play!

2. Go after the Big Fish or no Fish with our cap space

3. Hero or Zero evaluation needs to stop.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
I hope this isn't true. How much more incompetence has to be shown to Molson before he nuts up and fires these clowns? This is asinine to even consider.

Reactions: BLONG7

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Actually Erickson retained salary then you trade patch , is not bad asset management

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Actually Erickson retained salary then you trade patch , is not bad asset management

Why would there be a need to add Eriksson, even if we move Pacioretty?

Why not give the ice time to Scherbak, Hudon or Lehkonen instead?

As far as not being bad asset management, it entirely depends on what we'd trade for him. I wouldn't give any actual asset for Eriksson. If they're willing to take some of our bad contracts for one of their's, then maybe we can figure something out.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
I love how 90% of posters bitch without knowing any of the context of the conversation. It may have been a brief conversation about what else the Canucks would give and how much they would retain.

It could of been Eriksson (with retention) plus a 2nd for Schlemko and a 5th. I hope a GM inquires about pretty much every player on the market.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I love how 90% of posters ***** without knowing any of the context of the conversation. It may have been a brief conversation about what else the Canucks would give and how much they would retain.

It could of been Eriksson (with retention) plus a 2nd for Schlemko and a 5th. I hope a GM inquires about pretty much every player on the market.
exactly!!

That's why I posted earlier, Friedman, Dreger and company loving sending Habs fans into a panic with these incomplete "rumors".

Doesn't take much for folks to run with stuff here at all.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Seems obvious to me... Bergevin will pick him up and put him at centre. Then he can **** all over him in the media and blame him for not progressing at centre.

Reactions: KFlint

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
exactly!!

That's why I posted earlier, Friedman, Dreger and company loving sending Habs fans into a panic with these incomplete "rumors".

Doesn't take much for folks to run with stuff here at all.
It does go to show you, how bad our GM is right now, where something like this, is possible...

In all seriousness, does anyone here, other than Jaffy, really want to give MB the summer, to TRY to fix his mistakes, of the past 3 years? Stop the madness..........fire the guy, now!

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Why would there be a need to add Eriksson, even if we move Pacioretty?

Why not give the ice time to Scherbak, Hudon or Lehkonen instead?

As far as not being bad asset management, it entirely depends on what we'd trade for him. I wouldn't give any actual asset for Eriksson. If they're willing to take some of our bad contracts for one of their's, then maybe we can figure something out.
Considering the deal did not happen I would believe that is what he was trying to do, look I think he is a big failure as a gm, but I also don't think he should be crucified if he checks on such a player, especially since the deal was not made leads me to believe he tried to make it a favourable one.
I always liked Erickson and think he is much more suited for the east but it would need to be at a reduced price

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It does go to show you, how bad our GM is right now, where something like this, is possible...

In all seriousness, does anyone here, other than Jaffy, really want to give MB the summer, to TRY to fix his mistakes, of the past 3 years? Stop the madness..........fire the guy, now!
This particular rumor means very little...

I don't personally need Friedman's bait articles to judge the job Bergevin is doing.

But that's just me

Check that...this isn't even a Friedman piece.

STOP

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Team has more than enough wingers, even after trading Pacioretty. Honestly, everyone and their f***ing dog can see that this team needs centres and defensemen to compete.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD YOU MEATHEAD.

Keep your under 25 players. Trade off older players and draft better.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This particular rumor means very little...

I don't personally need Friedman's bait articles to judge the job Bergevin is doing.

But that's just me

Check that...this isn't even a Friedman piece.

STOP

Uh, ya. This is by a Vancouver beat writer. The only reason it has any credence is that the Canucks org. is leaky as ****.

Reactions: Peanut and 417

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Eriksson is shot! I normally do not put down Swedish players but he has had the best of his hockey days behind him and that would be to swim with an anchor for the team. He was a decent player once but he's not anymore, he did not age gracefully and he's on an expensive contract as well.

Reactions: Runner77

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Fun question: Say Price was willing to goto Vancouver and the Canucks were willing to pay high picks and prospects to take his whole salary but Montreal had to take Eriksson, Markstrom, and Dorsett in exchange. Do you do it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->