Post-Game Talk: Habs hold on to beat Flames, 3-2 -- Carey notches 2 milestones!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Congrats Carey for the milestones.

xAINzCE.png

There was also a minutes played milestone, I believe.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The good:
-Domi line is awesome. Lehkonen was very good tonight, though he didn't score. Domi/Drouin must be kept together. Drouin has a partner who he can think implusively with. Drouin holds onto the puck too long without players like that on his line. Domi being the puck carrier makes Drouin much more dangerous.

-Powerplay is waking up. Domi replacing Armia probably being the thing that did it.

-Price was great and is now no2 for habs wins. Could conceivably get #1 this season.

-Kotka was showing great flashes.

The bad:
-Benn was brutal, especially with the empty net. No reason to make the short pass there with that little time remaining. I thought Mete was not that good tonight, and Petry being Petry was terrible until he suddenly produces a goal and assist. We need to dump Benn and Alzner.

-Danault again did not really impress me. I think Kotkaniemi has shown he can handle a regular shift, and I think he should have a try between Tatar and Gallagher, who should elevate his production since they can finish. Plus those two wingers are responsible which helps Kotka in his own end. Danault will have more success in a different role at 3C.

-Shaw is such a coin flip when it comes to good and bad games. He's an overpaid liability and has to get traded, even if we retain. Deserves to sit out.

Next game:
Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Armia
Deslauriers-Peca-Hudon
Shaw

Reilly-Juulsen
Mete-Petry
Benn-Ouellet
Alzner

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Having some measure of success and retooling do not have to be mutually exclusive with competent people at the helm.

I agree, but it would be nice to add another top player. Plus even though Bergevin has made some positive additions. I'm still not convinced he's the one to lead us to the promised land.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Cardiac kids win another fun game.
Kotkaniemi with about 13 minutes of ice time, created several great chances. The kid belongs.
Those of you clamoring for Armia to sit, he played almost 20 minutes, most used forward. Clode trusts him.

Drouin has found a player he has chemistry with, Max Domi. They will be fun to watch!

I like that Cardiac Kids moniker. They have certainly been that in several games this year.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The good:
-Domi line is awesome. Lehkonen was very good tonight, though he didn't score. Domi/Drouin must be kept together. Drouin has a partner who he can think implusively with. Drouin holds onto the puck too long without players like that on his line. Domi being the puck carrier makes Drouin much more dangerous.

-Powerplay is waking up. Domi replacing Armia probably being the thing that did it.

-Price was great and is now no2 for habs wins. Could conceivably get #1 this season.

The bad:
-Benn was brutal, especially with the empty net. No reason to make the short pass there with that little time remaining. I thought Mete was not that good tonight, and Petry being Petry was terrible until he suddenly produces a goal and assist. We need to dump Benn and Alzner.

-Danault again did not really impress me. I think Kotkaniemi has shown he can handle a regular shift, and I think he should have a try between Tatar and Gallagher, who should elevate his production since they can finish. Plus those two wingers are responsible which helps Kotka in his own end. Danault will have more success in a different role at 3C.

-Shaw is such a coin flip when it comes to good and bad games. He's an overpaid liability and has to get traded, even if we retain. Deserves to sit out.

Next game:
Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen
Byron-Danault-Armia
Deslauriers-Peca-Hudon
Shaw

Reilly-Juulsen
Mete-Petry
Benn-Ouellet
Alzner
Agree on Shaw for sure. Risk reward does not add up.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I agree, but it would be nice to add another top player. Plus even though Bergevin has made some positive additions. I'm still not convinced he's the one to lead us to the promised land.
Right, he has not yet done enough to convince anyone but at least he’s flipped the switch that controls his brain to on. I know what you’re saying about another top player for the long run but as I’ve seen with successful junior clubs, good drafting and management can develop a team without it having to hit rock bottom. Long season, we may well get a pretty high pick. One thing though, the effort is immensely improved and the team is fun to watch. 360 change from last year.

Reactions: Simarino

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
this team reeks of Julien. Sometimes it feels like I'm watching the bruins play. he has all his players committed to his structure, lines are clicking and things are going our way. i'm not sold yet, but the habs have exceeded my bottom 3 expectations going into the season. we need to keep drafting centers until we are forced to move centers to the wing.

games are fun to watch.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Cardiac kids win another fun game.
Kotkaniemi with about 13 minutes of ice time, created several great chances. The kid belongs.
Those of you clamoring for Armia to sit, he played almost 20 minutes, most used forward. Clode trusts him.

Drouin has found a player he has chemistry with, Max Domi. They will be fun to watch!

They were really starting to move the puck on the pp. I think that movement was the start of the pp hitting its stride this year - and the chemistry between them will carry over to 5 on 5. Kotkaniemi may also be hitting his stride. He's more noticeable offensively. The 4th line misses Hudon's offense.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Jordi Benn may not have been great but man did his nasty hits make me laugh
His lack of hockey sense was on full display late in the game, why he didn’t simply lift it high and send it out instead of passing in the middle of the ice is a head scratcher

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
The good:

The bad:

Next game:
Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen
Byron-Danault-Armia
Deslauriers-Peca-Hudon
Shaw

Reilly-Juulsen
Mete-Petry
Benn-Ouellet
Alzner

Agree. Except on certain line up details. Id play:

Drouin-Domi-Byron
Tatar-Kotka-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Danault-Armia
Hudon-Peca-Shaw/Deslauriers

I think Byrons speed would match D&D much better. Lehkonen is great 2 ways and can form a great 3rd line with Danault and Armia.

Reilly-Petry
Mete-Juulsen
Benn-Ouellet

I dont like Mete with Petry. I think id rather see Reilly with Petry, taking the big minutes and Mete playing with Juulsen. Juulsen is very stable and compliments him better. Not a fan of Benn but i think the boys love him. Cant underestimate what effect that has in the room. On that note, cant wait for Weber to be back so we have a #1 D haha.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
My poor tank... getting ruined by these meddling kids and their pesky goalie..... CURSES!!!

Way i look at it is, if the team sucks, i feel just fine rooting for the tank and accepting loss after loss, its gotten us a couple players honestly

But if they play well lol...im just as fine rooting for the team and even better to watch enjoyable hockey again

i mean honestly weve all watched hockey a long time,... whens the last time you saw the team this fast...even after 15 years of the media calling us "small and fast"

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
His lack of hockey sense was on full display late in the game, why he didn’t simply lift it high and send it out instead of passing in the middle of the ice is a head scratcher

And Benn have been pretty solid so far this year but it just shows us that he belong on the 3rd pair only, not on the top pair for christ sake....

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->