Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Flames Tomorrow

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
putting aside the reality that the best thing for us would be to get swept, go on a season ending losing streak & pray for some lottery luck and that Weber internally demands off of the bus...

as a fan living in the moment, pretty exciting 3-games ahead of us. We need at least 1 win, but if we get 2 or 3 that could propel some momentum (and extinguish the flames hopes significantly) that will make the last 3 weeks of the season far more enjoyable, maybe even build some momentum to chase that 3rd spot... Not sure if that's even worth chasing, Leafs/Jets are a "pick your poison" type playoff round 1 matchup
Look I still think we will miss. The eternal pessimist in me. But the leafs are a better match up for anyone. They’re goaltending is barely NHL caliber is Andersen isn’t back and even then he hasn’t exactly been a playoff marvel. Gimme the leafs over the jets in round one

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Look I still think we will miss. The eternal pessimist in me. But the leafs are a better match up for anyone. They’re goaltending is barely NHL caliber is Andersen isn’t back and even then he hasn’t exactly been a playoff marvel. Gimme the leafs over the jets in round one
Went from guaranteed miss to think we will miss. Nice!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Sure looks that way now...

But a few weeks ago, Campbell was riding that 9 game winning streak, and I'm not sure what Andersen's status is for PO's? Roster-wise, laffs are deeper & more talented imo, so if they get decent goaltending, they're the tougher series win imo... Jets D is suspect & in a 7-game series, I think more vulnerable to being exploited with strong coaching/gameplanning

But, I share your perspective. I think odds are against us making it even though we still hold a solid lead.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
So playoffs the lineup assuming Gallagher is back and Caufield is in could be:

Tatar Danault Anderson
Lehkonen Suzuki Toffoli
Caufield Kotkaniemi Gallagher
Drouin Staal Perry

Chiarot Weber
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Merrill

The top 9 has a good mix of grinding and shooting, still not a fan of Chia on the top pair but Merrill looked solid in his debut

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Tatar Danault Anderson
Lehkonen Suzuki Toffoli
Drouin Staal Perry

Chiarot Weber
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Merrill

The top 9 has a good mix of grinding and shooting, still not a fan of Chia on the top pair but Merrill looked solid in his debut
So if the habs make the playoffs you really believe Gallagher won’t play with Tatar and Danualt?? Hahaha good one.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Tatar Danault Anderson
Lehkonen Suzuki Toffoli
Drouin Staal Perry

Chiarot Weber
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Merrill

I like that, but I think Armia may be a better fit th as n lehky, though leaky has been playing well. Deouin may get bumped out by lehky.

So if the habs make the playoffs you really believe Gallagher won’t play with Tatar and Danualt?? Hahaha good one.
Ine of the reasons I'm looking forward to the Flames series coming up is to see if Anderson can establish himself with Phil.

Would be incredible for KK or Suzuki to get to play regularly with Gallagher.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I like that, but I think Armia may be a better fit th as n lehky, though leaky has been playing well. Deouin may get bumped out by lehky.

Ine of the reasons I'm looking forward to the Flames series coming up is to see if Anderson can establish himself with Phil.

Would be incredible for KK or Suzuki to get to play regularly with Gallagher.
If and but if the habs make the playoffs and Gallagher is back, ducharme will not separate that Danault line. That’s my opinion. I just don’t see it

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If and but if the habs make the playoffs and Gallagher is back, ducharme will not separate that Danault line. That’s my opinion. I just don’t see it

No doubt I understand why you'd see it that way.

I'm just saying I wanted op JA can change Ducharme's mind. Danault is the perfect center for JA. And Danault is the perfect winger for Phil.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
No doubt I understand why you'd see it that way.

I'm just saying I wanted op JA can change Ducharme's mind. Danault is the perfect center for JA. And Danault is the perfect winger for Phil.
Id like to see Anderson with KK. Put big guys together. Throw Perry on that line. Three big bodies on a line. Speed would be the problem on that line though

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Id like to see Anderson with KK. Put bug guys together. Throw Perry on that line. Three big bodies on a line. Speed would be the problem on that line though

Fair enough. Coming into the year, before we signed Perry, I had us having our version of a legion of doom line as the 3rd line: Armia-Kk-Anderson. But I find Anderson plays more of a quick strike or crash and bang offense. So that suited Phil. I'd like KK and Suzuki to play with guys who find each other on the ice and make plays - kind of like McDavid and Draisaitl, although of course not at that level. I think Caufield is going to surprise people with his playmaking in addition to his goal scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad