Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Flames Tomorrow

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Firday night at 9pm
Saturday night at 7pm

At least this time it's against the same team.

We just can't suck. If we manage to win those games, it will be the end of the Flames this season and we'll be one step closer to face the Leafs in the first round.
You’re forgetting about the Canucks and the 5 In hand and 4 vs Ottawa, a team they own. They will Be minimum 3-1 vs the sens if not 4-0. They do play the Oilers 5 more times and I expect the leafs to put up a fight next week. But don’t count them out
Oh and there no guarantee this habs team will win a game vs the flames. Too inconsistent

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Drouin almost make us loose the game yesterday.
I didn't watch the game but I read the last 10 pages of the GDT and most of the PGT and I must have read 50 people saying the same thing. He was gifted 33 million dollars after coming out of a bad situation in Tampa and I have seen nothing from him since he got here that would suggest that he is any different now than he was then.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I didn't watch the game but I read the last 10 pages of the GDT and most of the PGT and I must have read 50 people saying the same thing. He was gifted 33 million dollars after coming out of a bad situation in Tampa and I have seen nothing from him since he got here that would suggest that he is any different now than he was then.

Only thing that's for sure, if teams where hesitant in acquiring him a few years ago forget about it now! None of the teams in the league are touching this guy!

Reactions: OldCraig71

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

So far Dom takes a few games, but he eventually gets the lines right.

The lineup we iced last night did much better than the last couple weeks because DD had the right combinations, imo.

That included Drouin on the 4th line. When Gally and Caufield come back, Drouin is not one of our 12 best forwards. Lehkonen is playing like a beast and from all appearances, Dom is starting to appreciate him. If Armia, Lehk, and Perry stay in the lineup, Drouin and Byron are out. As it should be. Dom will figure that out. It's only a matter of time.

Reactions: mols47

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The last two Habs/Flames games be like:

VHyQ.gif

As much as I want to blame the Flames for it, Habs are just as boring sadly. Together they are unwatchable.

Reactions: Gravity

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You’re forgetting about the Canucks and the 5 In hand and 4 vs Ottawa, a team they own. They will Be minimum 3-1 vs the sens if not 4-0. They do play the Oilers 5 more times and I expect the leafs to put up a fight next week. But don’t count them out
Oh and there no guarantee this habs team will win a game vs the flames. Too inconsistent

It will be interesting to see how we do the next 3 games against the Flames. Dom got the line combos right last game and it made a difference. We'll see if we do better against the Flames with the proper combos.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
As much as I want to blame the Flames for it, Habs are just as boring sadly. Together they are unwatchable.
Tomorrow should be a slog fest. But I expect a better showing given our improved line combinations. Last time we played them, Byron or KK were with Danault and Tatar. That was terrible.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So far Dom takes a few games, but he eventually gets the lines right.

The lineup we iced last night did much better than the last couple weeks because DD had the right combinations, imo.

That included Drouin on the 4th line. When Gally and Caufield come back, Drouin is not one of our 12 best forwards. Lehkonen is playing like a beast and from all appearances, Dom is starting to appreciate him. If Armia, Lehk, and Perry stay in the lineup, Drouin and Byron are out. As it should be. Dom will figure that out. It's only a matter of time.
Byron might be out but I will be beyond shocked if Drouin sits. I don't think that he will, he has been worse with the habs than he is right now and never sat because of it. They could say he is injured, I could see that but a healthy scratch, nope.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Byron might be out but I will be beyond shocked if Drouin sits. I don't think that he will, he has been worse with the habs than he is right now and never sat because of it. They could say he is injured, I could see that but a healthy scratch, nope.

There are better options than in the past. We added Anderson and Toffoli, and Caufield will be in the lineup shortly.

In the past it was Drouin or Cousins, Weal, Matthew Peca, or Matt Agostino...

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Ducharme’s hand are really tied because of the way the Habs managed the recalls. I’m sure he’d like to get Evans into the lineup and possibly Caufield but as it stands now I think he’ll just go with the same lineup. Going with 11 forwards can mess up the lines.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Love to see this.

You're reading too much into this...lol
That or stay in your room all day and finish Netflix for the 3rd time.

Canadian division got it raw during this pandemic. Everything closed. Traveling from coast-to-coast. Slow vaccine roll outs.
In US for the most part, life's back to somewhat normal. People don't even have to wear masks in Dallas, while a lot of places here are going the other direction.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Canadian division got it raw during this pandemic. Everything closed. Traveling from coast-to-coast. Slow vaccine roll outs.
In US for the most part, life's back to somewhat normal. People don't even have to wear masks in Dallas, while a lot of places here are going the other direction.

So salty. What other team have you heard of who have done this? Players said they played better after practicing so they wanted to work on their game rather than rest during the second most gruelling schedule on the nhl. What a bunch of bums.

Last edited:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Texas is an armpit. No offence to any hab fan in Texas

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
This is the last real trip. After this, the habs will only be playing in Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Ducharme’s hand are really tied because of the way the Habs managed the recalls. I’m sure he’d like to get Evans into the lineup and possibly Caufield but as it stands now I think he’ll just go with the same lineup. Going with 11 forwards can mess up the lines.
It was the same with Julien, JD was arguably worse and never sat unless he was injured.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
It was the same with Julien, JD was arguably worse and never sat unless he was injured.
In Juliens defence, this is the worst by far that Drouin has been. He was bad after his injury last year but was given the benefit of the doubt
But now , Drouin isn’t Even a NHL caliber player
He should be scratched. He won’t be sadly
I’ve never seen a player so uninvolved in the play

Reactions: OldCraig71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad