Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Flames Tomorrow

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The last two Habs/Flames games be like:

VHyQ.gif

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I don’t think they’ll do it but I’ll be interested to see if they go with 11 forwards and 7 defenceman to get Gustafsson in the lineup. If they did that they could make Drouin a healthy scratch.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don’t think they’ll do it but I’ll be interested to see if they go with 11 forwards and 7 defenceman to get Gustafsson in the lineup. If they did that they could make Drouin a healthy scratch.

After the dealine, there is no restriction to roster size. You can go over the 23. You just need to be cap compliant.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
After the dealine, there is no restriction to roster size. You can go over the 23. You just need to be cap compliant.

I don’t think they use their last recall though, leaving them with just the 12 forwards they currently have on the roster.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don’t think they use their last recall though, leaving them with just the 12 forwards they currently have on the roster.

The recall rule has nothing to do with having more than 23 players on your roster after the TDL.

They don't need to scratch Drouin to get Gustafsson in.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The recall rule has nothing to do with having more than 23 players on your roster after the TDL.

They don't need to scratch Drouin to get Gustafsson in.

I thought the NHL rule was a team can only dress a maximum of 20 players for a game? Has this changed?

Edit: looking at the NHL rule book: At the beginning of each game, the Manager or Coach of each team shall list the players who shall be eligible to play in the game. Not more than eighteen (18) skaters and two (2) goalkeepers, shall be permitted.

Last edited:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Do we have enough cap space to bring back Gallagher before the playoff if he's good to go?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Do we have enough cap space to bring back Gallagher before the playoff if he's good to go?

No. Montreal's actually royally ****ed if that's a possibility unless another LTIR-eligible injury happens to someone making more than Gally.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Maybe Duchump will figure out a thing called 'line matchups' by the end of year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I thought the NHL rule was a team can only dress a maximum of 20 players for a game? Has this changed?

Edit: looking at the NHL rule book: At the beginning of each game, the Manager or Coach of each team shall list the players who shall be eligible to play in the game. Not more than eighteen (18) skaters and two (2) goalkeepers, shall be permitted.

You're right. I got my shit mixed up.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Is Drouin really playing tomorrow?? Just waive him already. He will have negative value next year as well
He’s no longer an asset. So who cares if we lose him for nothing. That would be great

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
No. Montreal's actually royally ****ed if that's a possibility unless another LTIR-eligible injury happens to someone making more than Gally.

Really? What a stupid decision in that case..... We can't bring our best player if he's ready. Sad.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
This team is so inconsistent. One night, no one shows, the next night, everyone shows. Granted, they almost blew the lead, but if they played as hard as they did last night, they wouldn't be in this situation.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Really? What a stupid decision in that case..... We can't bring our best player if he's ready. Sad.

He's not going to be ready. And honestly, Montreal would have real issues if they couldn't LTIR him in the first place.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
You're right. I got my shit mixed up.

No problem. On the recall situation: I believe from listening to a couple podcasts they both said if the Habs use that last recall they can’t make any changes in the playoffs. They would be limited to their roster plus their 4 recalls unless there is an emergency situation.

Which seems correct (as per the below):

From the CBA:

Following the conclusion of the Regular Season, no Player may be Recalled from Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL, except that:

(i) a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to Section 13.12(l) above, such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the Regular Season.

So if I’m interpreting that correctly if they recall Caufield they lose their chance to have an unlimited number of regular recalls in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This team is so inconsistent. One night, no one shows, the next night, everyone shows. Granted, they almost blew the lead, but if they played as hard as they did last night, they wouldn't be in this situation.

They played about 5 very solid periods of hockey out of 6 against Edmonton. Who knows they may put a win streak together soon.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Firday night at 9pm
Saturday night at 7pm

At least this time it's against the same team.

We just can't suck. If we manage to win those games, it will be the end of the Flames this season and we'll be one step closer to face the Leafs in the first round.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Habs season in a nutshell right here:

Reactions: Gravity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad