Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Flames Tomorrow 6:30 PM Time for the Caufield Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'd honestly be surprised if they dont play Caufield tomorrow. I think they were teasing it by letting him speak to the media and now with multiple forwards being out, there is an opening for him. Allen is starting tomorrow anyway so you have cap by putting Lindgren in as a backup.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Do we have the cap though?

Whatever, I’m just preparing myself for the Frolik-era.
download.jpeg.jpg

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I'd honestly be surprised if they dont play Caufield tomorrow. I think they were teasing it by letting him speak to the media and now with multiple forwards being out, there is an opening for him. Allen is starting tomorrow anyway so you have cap by putting Lindgren in as a backup.
If they don't, lets create a HFboard gofundme for advertisement in Montreal to get Bergevin fired. I'll put 100$ myself and share on social medias!
:laugh:

blueberry

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
maybe maybe not. We will never know. I do feel bringing a kid too fast with high expectation can be a tough pressure to handle for some players. I would prefer to see him dominate in the AHL and build confidence.
I usually would agree with you and say "keep him dowm" but one thing Caulfield has a lot of is confidence. I think he would be very disappointed if he doesn't get a chance. I also don't think pressure bothers him. The kid loves to play and loves to score. Let's give the kid a shot and see what we have.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Knowing the Habs, they will win tomorrow and then lose two in a row again. The team just cant play consistent.

I seriously doubt we will win. Even when we play well we can’t score and eventually a breakdown ends up in the back of our net. The Flames had no legs in the first period last night and we couldn’t take advantage. Does anyone think they won’t be up for this one? My experience with MB led Habs teams is that the minute an opponent either matches our goaltending and or work ethic things start falling apart.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

I understand but I really wish we would rather bring up our young players in a good environment where they can thrive. Bringing Caufield now because we cant score a goal seems like a lot of pressure on his shoulder. Our team is like a toxic waste, it can infect anybody that comes too close. If the kid doesnt score like a machine, and create some turnovers, his confidence could plummel pretty fast IMO

@blueberry

Reactions: PhysicX and Oryxo

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Don't see them pulling off this one... Last game of a long road trip, back to back demoralizing losses, a calgary team that is playing physical and intense and will be raring to go to chase their playoff hopes, 3rd game in 4 nights (which means we'll get an even worse version of Weber)... i'll be surprised, and impressed, if they can dig down and find enough to pull off a win.

after that... back home for a 4 game homestand with leafs 2x, jets and sens... find myself wishing for 1 of 2 outcomes... 5 straight wins to lock up a playoff spot, or 5 straight losses to create definitive playoff miss and hometown embarrassment that forces Molson's hand in firing MB.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That would actually be a relief getting Anderson off Danault’s line.

I missed the past game, but was hoping Anderson would work well with Danult. Danault will get a lot of ice time because of his defensive prowess, so that's good for Anderson. Also, I think KK or Suzuki would benefit from playing with Gallagher more than Anderson.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I understand but I really wish we would rather bring up our young players in a good environment where they can thrive. Bringing Caufield now because we cant score a goal seems like a lot of pressure on his shoulder. Our team is like a toxic waste, it can infect anybody that comes too close. If the kid doesnt score like a machine, and create some turnovers, his confidence could plummel pretty fast IMO

@blueberry

It's not a question of bringing Caufield up because we can't score. If Caufield really is elite... then like all other elite players aged 20 and older, he should be able to score at a higher pace than post other garbage players we ice on a regular basis. It's that simple. We are shell shocked as habs fans because we have drafted complete garbage players for a long time now. When a player is ready he is ready.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
All this "caution" about Caufield is just toxic loser poison energy, just be excited that we have a prospect with some f***ing panache for once.

We literally haven't had a first shot sniper on this team since Cammalleri a decade ago, and he's a more complete player than DeBrincat who has the exact same size/skating concerns as Caufield and has transitioned into an NHL sniper seamlessly. Get excited about players for once instead of resigning yourself to them becoming 40 point middle sixers to avoid being disappointed.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
So everyone is just destined to be what they are. Environment has zero influence...:huh:

Environment has a progressively diminishing influence on players from age 0 to 21. Past 21, if you're not already your best form..... You're an exception that shouldn't be built around, a Marchand or St-Louis type. Both small players, perhaps there is a reason for this... I don't know. What I do know is that for 95% of players if you haven't become a star by 21.... You ain't likely to ever become one. What this means is that development at the pro level is not where the majority of the player's development happen. Of course you can have exceptions... but ... It's mostly decided by the time of the draft. The next 2 years are not going to turn a bust into a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad