GDT: Habs @ Flames, 7:00 PM MT Dec 19 - Run With Us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
So...you haven't watched Hanifin this year I assume then. Hanifin is our most physical d-men this year. He routinely beats guys on the boards because he out muscles them.

Hanifin's biggest issue right now is turn overs when he wins puck battles in the corners. His outlet passes are a lot of blind passes up the boards which have been getting intercepted a lot recently. Notice when he played with Andersson he didn't do this, he has no faith in Hamonic.

Hanifin started the year on fire carrying Hamonic's corpse around, but it just took too big of a tole on him and he crashed back to his former self. Hanifin away from Hamonic is 1a/1b level defender, Hamonic is completely burying Hanifin.
I'm sorry but I don't see anything remotely close to 1A/1B caliber play in Hanifin's game. I wouldn't even say that about Andersson's game and he's been a much better defenseman. He is literally on pace for the worst season of his career, in multiple categories. Don't let the raw skill, that got him drafted 5th OA fool you, unless he can put it together, he'll never live up to that pedigree.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I'm sorry but I don't see anything remotely close to 1A/1B caliber play in Hanifin's game. I wouldn't even say that about Andersson's game and he's been a much better defenseman. He is literally on pace for the worst season of his career, in multiple categories. Don't let the raw skill, that got him drafted 5th OA fool you, unless he can put it together, he'll never live up to that pedigree.

Gio broke out at like 33 years old. Hanifin is over a decade younger, I have faith he can put it together when he doesn't have an atrocious partner.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hanifin has been a stud with Andersson. That's our pairing moving into the future and I'm not sure why we're so hesitant to leave them together

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Hanifin has been a stud with Andersson. That's our pairing moving into the future and I'm not sure why we're so hesitant to leave them together

Because hammer provides GRIT!!!

I wouldn’t put it past tre to bend over to his demands anyway just because of the sunk cost. I’ll be all but done with him at that point.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
What Hanifin are you guys watching? Brodie is closer to being a #1 D man than he is. Playing with Hamonic doesn't help him but I don't think he looked great with Andersson either.

I don't think I've ever seen a more average player get that much hype, I think you should go watch the actual future elite defenseman of this league if you think his guy is one of them. When comparing him to guys like Makar, Hughes, Werenski, Heiskanen, Provorov or Dahlin. He's well behind all of them despite them being drafted in the same range as him and all of them being younger or the same age.

I just don't see it he makes mistakes like Kylington/Brodie (not lately TJs been fire) do but rarely gets called out for them for some reason. Hamilton was a better player in his time here and got twice the shit that Noah gets.

Last edited:

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I loved the series, Cavill absolutely nails Geralt. The voice was fantastic after playing Witcher 3, I liked Cavill's version more than the guy from Witcher video game series which I also really like.

The action is top notch, Cavill's first action scene as Geralt was incredible. A one-take where he just slays through guys. Really glad they got the action right in the series. Story wise it's 7/10 just 'cause they're using the short stories as source material for the 1st season.

Only 8 episodes, hopefully the next season is 10 episodes and gets into the main books which I am sure it will.

Thanks Peeper.....caught the first two episodes. I'll catch the rest as well.

My daughter had to tell me it was based on a video game, so I haven't got any perspective on that aspect of it.

Enjoyable so far.......thanks for the recommendation.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

My daughter had to tell me it was based on a video game, so I haven't got any perspective on that aspect of it.

There's video games of The Witcher, but this series is based on the books which the games are based off.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

There's video games of The Witcher, but this series is based on the books which the games are based off.

The Witcher 3 is one of the better open world RPGs that’s been made in the past 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad