Habs fans reaction in case of Nordiques return.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Language does not affect hockey performance. Selecting staff, players or their deployment based on language or ethnicity therefore is effectively a handicap for the team. But most sports fans understand this.
So, what you're suggesting is for the Habs to do just like all the other teams and keep their own set of bias to themselves ?

I mean, you're not the kind who think other NHL owners/Prez/GMs do not have any bias cause they're not flat out stating it right ? you're smarter than that no ?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
We need to hire the best candidates for the job despite language, what don't you believe about that? Sounds like you are just arguing for the sake of it.
Will not happen... If the next coach happen to mumble à few words of french, guss what, you Will whine thé only reasin for thé hiring is language, so whatever you wish for Will never happen.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Will nit happen... If thé next coach happen to mumble à few words of french, guss what, you Will whine thé only reasin for thé hiring is language, so whatever you wish for Will never happen.
I don't think you understand what we are talking about here, you are confusing things.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I don't think you understand what we are talking about here, you are confusing things.
Youre naïve, it was Saïd right hère in this thread, rather lose in english. Anyway, no point discussing it any further, thé hipocrisy will stay. Rather lose in english... Yup.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Youre naïve, it was Saïd right hère in this thread, rather lose in english. Anyway, no point discussing it any further, thé hipocrisy will stay. Rather lose in english... Yup.
Your frustration is showing, it wasn't me who said that and it's not what i have been talking about. Now are you done trying to insult me with the way you are typing your replies to me? It's much more insulting to dyslexic people than to me.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Your frustration is showing, it wasn't me who said that and it's not what i have been talking about. Now are you done trying to insult me with the way you are typing your replies to me? It's much more insulting to dyslexic people than to me.
wrong and wrong.

dont play the victim here, you're not, it was no attempt to insult anyone. I was using a phone earlier.
looks like you're the one taking things too personnal.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
wrong and wrong.

dont play the victim here, you're not, it was no attempt to insult anyone. I was using a phone earlier.
looks like you're the one taking things too personnal.
A little old to be playing children games with you. The facts of the matter are that the French media has a negative impact on hockey in Montreal, and the fact that the French language is so dominant in Quebec city that it would be a negative for many hockey players.
These are realities that you can chose to ignore.

Reactions: Laurentide

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I personally would rather not lose at all in any language. What I would like is to know that the guy coaching my team got hired because he was the best qualified person for the job and not merely because he was the next available francophone (or anglophone, for that matter) Nobody can tell me with a straight face that Therrien got the job because he was the best person for it. In fact, he probably wasn't even the best francophone available. He got it because A) he was francophone and B) he was available. Those are the only criteria the Habs ever use, despite their vow to leave no stones unturned. If they turn a stone and find an english speaking coach they look for another stone. Once they find a french guy they stop looking.

Reactions: CHwest

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
A little old to be playing children games with you. The facts of the matter are that the French media has a negative impact on hockey in Montreal, and the fact that the French language is so dominant in Quebec city that it would be a negative for many hockey players.
These are realities that you can chose to ignore.
you're changing subject. and medias people do not play for the Habs so yeah...

for many players ? well well, I thought all that matters was winning ? not stupid politics or something ? you're saying players would base their decision to play there based on language and not quality of the team ? and you probably think it would make sense I'd guess ? what's happening with "hire a translator" and all the shit we've been reading over the years ?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I personally would rather not lose at all in any language. What I would like is to know that the guy coaching my team got hired because he was the best qualified person for the job and not merely because he was the next available francophone (or anglophone, for that matter) Nobody can tell me with a straight face that Therrien got the job because he was the best person for it. In fact, he probably wasn't even the best francophone available. He got it because A) he was francophone and B) he was available. Those are the only criteria the Habs ever use, despite their vow to leave no stones unturned. If they turn a stone and find an english speaking coach they look for another stone. Once they find a french guy they stop looking.

that's the main issue. You (or anyone else) can yap about language all you want, but THAT is the reason Habs do not find decent coaches anymore. I mean, Therrien wasnt the best you could find, he was the available friend you had...

we're talking about the guy who waited on Sylvain Lefebvre last summer to extend him, he waited while Lefebvre was looking for a job somewhere else.

and there's people who'll come in here and tell us their B.S about language. ? and people believe it ? :laugh:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
you're changing subject. and medias people do not play for the Habs so yeah...

for many players ? well well, I thought all that matters was winning ? not stupid politics or something ? you're saying players would base their decision to play there based on language and not quality of the team ? and you probably think it would make sense I'd guess ? what's happening with "hire a translator" and all the **** we've been reading over the years ?
It is an ongoing issue and if you haven't heard of it you must have been living under a rock for the last while.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
It is an ongoing issue and if you haven't heard of it you must have been living under a rock for the last while.
I know full well it's an issue, but contrary to you, I don't pretend it's only in QC and it's only the dirty frenchs doing it...

there's decisions based on language, gender, race, etc made all the f***ing time, every f***ing where, you're the one being blind to the rest of the world, you're the one "fighting" cause it happen in something as insignificant as a (boring if you're a Habs fan) hobby.

You want to believe the B.S. people told you about language fine. I'm not THAT stupid though, don't try to feed me the same B.S.... it's clear as day that for most it's just about wanting less french on the team. Some would rather lose in english even, you've read it too.

So yeah, if they hate the french (or any other language for that matter), they have 30 other teams they can cheer for.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I know full well it's an issue, but contrary to you, I don't pretend it's only in QC and it's only the dirty frenchs doing it...

there's decisions based on language, gender, race, etc made all the ****ing time, every ****ing where, you're the one being blind to the rest of the world, you're the one "fighting" cause it happen in something as insignificant as a (boring if you're a Habs fan) hobby.

You want to believe the B.S. people told you about language fine. I'm not THAT stupid though, don't try to feed me the same B.S.... it's clear as day that for most it's just about wanting less french on the team. Some would rather lose in english even, you've read it too.

So yeah, if they hate the french (or any other language for that matter), they have 30 other teams they can cheer for.
No the problem is that Bergevin is biased to bring in French players only because they are French. And the French media has been biased by protecting him because he is French. Those are real issues and problems that should not exist. The players know about the language biases in Quebec and many see it as a problem, this is also not good for Quebec. This is all happening right now and very easy to understand, what is it you aren't understanding?

b092d776a935ef30e978d633efb3b3c2.jpg

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
No the problem is that Bergevin is biased to bring in French players only because they are French. And the French media has been biased by protecting him because he is French. Those are real issues and problems that should not exist. The players know about the language biases in Quebec and many see it as a problem, this is also not good for Quebec. This is all happening right now and very easy to understand, what is it you aren't understanding?

View attachment 123799
You chose to believe the BS.

Habs have 3 québécois on thé team, they have more english canadiana than québécois, they have more européens than québécois, and i would not be surprised to hear they have more americans than québécois

Bias towards qc players ? LOL

B.S. is what it is. Keep the lies to yourself, im not interesded in them

Just to make sure you understand : ça m'interesse pas tes mensonges, pas ma faute si ta pas de jugement. Continue à tinventer des histoires avec dautre. Tas pas de culture anyway.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You chose to believe the BS.

Habs have 3 québécois on thé team, they have more english canadiana than québécois, they have more européens than québécois, and i would not be surprised to hear they have more americans than québécois

Bias towards qc players ? LOL

B.S. is what it is. Keep the lies to yourself, im not interesded in them

Just to make sure you understand : ça m'interesse pas tes mensonges, pas ma faute si ta pas de jugement. Continue à tinventer des histoires avec dautre. Tas pas de culture anyway.
I don't think you are understanding the reality of what we are talking about here. It's fine not everyone gets it.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I don't think you are understanding the reality of what we are talking about here. It's fine not everyone gets it.
First thé staff
Then the players
And the medias

Your reality changes every few posts now that i showed your bias to french players wa bs i am the one not understanding lol...

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
First thé staff
Then the players
And the medias

Your reality changes every few posts now that i showed your bias to french players wa bs i am the one not understanding lol...
It's the Media and the General Manager that are biased, what don't you understand about this? It's the concensus.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
It's the Media and the General Manager that are biased, what don't you understand about this? It's the concensus.
Yes the gm is biased towards the THREE qc players the Habs have... Sure... Lol

And thé medias, yeah lets blâme the FRENCH medias that have a FRENCH audience to be bias towards french speaking
People LOL

Seriously, you"ré just playing dumb right ?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
guys,/girls...could they remove the roof on that new rink in Quebec(Videotron Centre) and turn it into a ballpark?? return of the Expos ???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->